Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,434
12-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #136
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
I feel exactly the same!!!!
Ah, me too.

12-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #137

I wouldn't count on getting anything shipped within 10 days if it is on backorder. You might get lucky, but mine took from October 12 to last wednesday to finally come back in stock and be shipped and it had the same ship 'within 10 business days' note. But i did receive my 50mm today and i love it. It was well worth the wait for the original sale price. Patience paid off.
12-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #138
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
Though my order hasnt shipped, it does appear that this black friday (2014) Pentax WebStore stole the thunder from under B&H,Adorama et all
Conspiracy theory for a Pentax hate blogger: MAP was imposed so the web store could undercut the dealer network. I think the truth is that Ricoh USA is still improvising.
12-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #139

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Kid Quote
Mine has. I ordered on the 27th and it shipped on the 28th.
Good for you, I'm a little jealous though not going to lie. Patience is a virtue they say.

12-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #140
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EJMzagsfan Quote
Good for you, I'm a little jealous though not going to lie. Patience is a virtue they say.
It is not about patience. Why shopping elsewhere the orders get cared? A lot of my other Black Friday shopping got shipped at the same day... And rememebring they also have a promise for one day handling and shipping! And when we put the order, there was still no sign of back-order in its website.

Last edited by starjedi; 12-01-2014 at 06:42 PM.
12-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #141

Photos: Gallery
Strange happenings

I ordered two lenses on sale Friday the 28th at 6:08 a.m. They still show as pending approval. I wrote to them this afternoon and have not received an answer (and did not necessarily expect one today).

However, tonight while checking my credit card account, they have a pending charge for the two items at the full retail price. Now, I know that firms sometimes place different figures in pending than in the final charge -- and hope that this is the case here -- but it does not inspire confidence with this store, especially since they are the exact full prices for these two lenses.
12-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #142
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kpevav Quote
I ordered two lenses on sale Friday the 28th at 6:08 a.m. They still show as pending approval. I wrote to them this afternoon and have not received an answer (and did not necessarily expect one today).

However, tonight while checking my credit card account, they have a pending charge for the two items at the full retail price. Now, I know that firms sometimes place different figures in pending than in the final charge -- and hope that this is the case here -- but it does not inspire confidence with this store, especially since they are the exact full prices for these two lenses.
This is very interesting info. THanks for sharing. Upon reading your post I checked my CC pending charges. Seems they have posted the correct on-sale price for me. Maybe I got lucky? Who knows.....

---------- Post added 12-01-14 at 08:56 PM ----------

Apparently Ricoh has awarded its webstore contract to a company called SURESOURCE LLC. Below is the address that appeared on my CC pending charge

20 CONSTITUTION BLVD S SHELTON CT 06484-4302 UNITED STATES

---------- Post added 12-01-14 at 09:01 PM ----------

Upon more research, it appears that SURESOURCE LLC has won internet shopping contracts for many unrelated companies. Right from a camera brand like Pentax all the way to crafts and supplies brand like Fiskars(remember scissors?)....Now I just hope they dont toss around boxes full of priceless lenses just like they would for boxes full of scissors

Last edited by danny09; 12-01-2014 at 10:02 PM.
12-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #143
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kpevav Quote

Save a screenshot or email showing the prices you ordered. If you are overcharged after the lenses arrive and the store doesn't fix the error promptly, dispute the difference with your credit card company. You will likely win. I generally avoid shopping with unreliable companies but even the best businesses can make errors, so it's good to keep a documentation trail.
12-01-2014, 11:57 PM   #144
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine still shows "order received" but it was an out of stock item ordered yesterday. At least I saved big bucks. No rush.
12-02-2014, 03:15 AM   #145
Veteran Member

Checked my cc company and the amount pending is the correct sale amount.
12-02-2014, 03:33 AM   #146
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Checked my cc company and the amount pending is the correct sale amount.
Me too. At least moving from Received to Pending ... amazing there is so much "mistrust" of the vendor "of choice" for us. Pentax should surely note all this bad publicity being created inadvertently by their most loyal supporters. (Not attempt to distract this thread, just a noticing).
12-02-2014, 04:16 AM   #147

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
Apparently Ricoh has awarded its webstore contract to a company called SURESOURCE LLC. Below is the address that appeared on my CC pending charge

20 CONSTITUTION BLVD S SHELTON CT 06484-4302 UNITED STATES[COLOR=Silver]
Yes, it is Suresource that did the pending charge.

---------- Post added 12-02-14 at 06:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Save a screenshot or email showing the prices you ordered. If you are overcharged after the lenses arrive and the store doesn't fix the error promptly, dispute the difference with your credit card company. You will likely win. I generally avoid shopping with unreliable companies but even the best businesses can make errors, so it's good to keep a documentation trail.
Thanks. I did just that, took a screen shot , saved a PDF, and also notified the CC company. If and when it goes from Pending to Posted, then I can dispute the transaction.

I also plan on calling the PentaxWebstore and see what has happened. I agree that even the best businesses can make errors, although it does not sound as though -- in the past, at least -- "best" would apply here. Hopefully, their operations have improved, and that this is just a blip.
12-02-2014, 05:37 AM   #148
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I received a ship notification this morning and when I looked at the tracking number the lens is in my town and will probably be delivered today. So it looks like the problem was one of communication, not inventory and shipping?
12-02-2014, 06:01 AM   #149
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Homo_erectus Quote
I received a ship notification this morning and when I looked at the tracking number the lens is in my town and will probably be delivered today. So it looks like the problem was one of communication, not inventory and shipping?
I should call them yesterday also... I only wrote an email... That might be the reason your order is shipped and mine is still approval pending
12-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #150
Veteran Member

My credit card is also showing a pending charge for $1,299.95.

---------- Post added 12-02-14 at 08:13 AM ----------

For $1,299.95 I better be getting a year's worth of wishy washies AND an FA 31mm.