Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,625
12-02-2014, 06:33 AM   #151
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, call them quick. These guys seem about as competent as a bunch of high school kids playing at running a business. Hopefully their customer service department can fix what the rest of their business broke.

If not, call the credit card company, explain the situation and dispute the charge.

12-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #152
Veteran Member

It's a pending charge.

QuoteOriginally posted by Homo_erectus Quote
Yeah, call them quick. These guys seem about as competent as a bunch of high school kids playing at running a business. Hopefully their customer service department can fix what the rest of their business broke.

If not, call the credit card company, explain the situation and dispute the charge.
12-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #153
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Conspiracy theory for a Pentax hate blogger: MAP was imposed so the web store could undercut the dealer network. I think the truth is that Ricoh USA is still improvising.
The Pentax Webstore is a Dealer just like B&H and Adorama - and everyone else. It just happens to have a 'Pentax Webtsore' sign over the door. It appears to be generally understood as part of the MAP agreement that once or twice a year the Pentax Webstore dealer will be free to compete with the other dealers on an inventory-limited, price-free basis. The rest of the time the Pentax Webstore is pretty much a fixed-price MAP dealer.
12-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #154
Forum Member

Well, the K-50 came quickly and on the scheduled delivery date, but it was supposed to be bundled with a 4GB EyeFi and I can't find it in the box. I don't think they sent it. I was thinking that might happen. I sent them an email asking about it...

12-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #155
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
'Pentax Webtsore'
Intentional slip there? Kinda glad I live in Canada where they won't bother with such sores...
12-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #156
Veteran Member

I ordered a 55-300mm WR lens on 11/27 and my order says 'Pending Approval'. I did see a pending charge to my debit card in the correct sale price amount.

For the price, i'm fine with this taking a few weeks to get here. I actually didn't NEED it until the Spring anyway, so it's fine with me.

Better than paying $150 more at B&H
12-02-2014, 10:39 AM - 1 Like   #157
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My FA 31 was delivered a few minutes ago. My girl friend IM'd me to let me know. I'll be furiously counting the minutes until I get off work now!

12-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kpevav Quote
However, tonight while checking my credit card account, they have a pending charge for the two items at the full retail price. Now, I know that firms sometimes place different figures in pending than in the final charge -- and hope that this is the case here -- but it does not inspire confidence with this store, especially since they are the exact full prices for these two lenses.
QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
My credit card is also showing a pending charge for $1,299.95.
QuoteOriginally posted by boushh Quote
Well, the K-50 came quickly and on the scheduled delivery date, but it was supposed to be bundled with a 4GB EyeFi and I can't find it in the box. I don't think they sent it.
Welcome to the Pentax Web Store Follies!
12-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #159
Veteran Member

I called a moment ago and talked to one of the reps. According to the person I spoke with it "might be shipped today or it could be on backorder. There's really no way to tell."

12-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #160
Veteran Member

Mine is coming tomorrow and my card was charged today for the correct amount. And the 77ltd I bought on eBay from Japan is coming tomorrow, too. Woohoo!
12-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #161
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
I called a moment ago and talked to one of the reps. According to the person I spoke with it "might be shipped today or it could be on backorder. There's really no way to tell."

i ordered on 28th and it was in stock for 773. Today they charged me with 1299. when i called them up, they told that they would be charging 1299 now and once the lens is shippped, they would put back the credit amount of (1299-773) into my account. They say , they cannot change the existing transaction. Bad experience with webstore....
12-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #162
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by trumanusa Quote
i ordered on 28th and it was in stock for 773. Today they charged me with 1299. when i called them up, they told that they would be charging 1299 now and once the lens is shippped, they would put back the credit amount of (1299-773) into my account. They say , they cannot change the existing transaction. Bad experience with webstore....
Call your CC company immediately and block the charge, then call Pentax Customer Service and complain loudly - that borders on a fraudulent transaction.
12-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #163
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If the card is VISA that likely actually is in violation of the merchant agreement with VISA. They are not supposed to charge the card until the item ships with VISA. Contact your card supplier - note that this is not the same with DEBIT cards.
12-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bradshea Quote
If the card is VISA that likely actually is in violation of the merchant agreement with VISA. They are not supposed to charge the card until the item ships with VISA. Contact your card supplier - note that this is not the same with DEBIT cards.
Wow. That is bad.
12-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #165
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bradshea Quote
Mine is a Debit card with MASTERCARD. Now the only worry is would they put back the amount which they over charged