Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,579
12-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #166

Photos: Gallery
I am also having the same issue. I bough the 50mm D-FA f 2.8 macro for 303.95 and now my credit card is showing a pending charge of 599.95. I have sent them an email. Hope to get a reply soon.

12-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #167
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by donpjt Quote
I am also having the same issue. I bough the 50mm D-FA f 2.8 macro for 303.95 and now my credit card is showing a pending charge of 599.95. I have sent them an email. Hope to get a reply soon.
They dont respond to mails. Better call them
12-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #168

QuoteOriginally posted by trumanusa Quote
Okay sure, thanks for the tip
12-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine is a Debit card with MASTERCARD. Now the only worry is would they put back the amount which they over charged
With DEBIT and MASTERCARD I'm not sure. I think you could contact your bank and they might have the details. It is certainly possible that they have a similar requirement. Even if they don't the FTC regulates shipment of product in these cases and they only have 20-30 days as I recall to ship and they have to return your money within a certain period (pretty short) if you request a refund. Best option is to contact the bank you are issued your debit card on and ask them for help.

12-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hopefully you won't have to dispute the charge, but I would be cautious if I had to do it again. The credit card company was happy to dispute a charge for a service I was having trouble canceling (Stamps.com, canceled during trial period) but the company itself continued to bill me for months and threatened to send me to collections.
12-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #171
Veteran Member

Everyone should share their experiences good and bad: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Pentax_Webstore

Give PWS time to right any wrongs before writing a negative review.
12-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #172

I just called them and they said they will call me back in 24 hours with the information. They also mentioned that the item has already shipped, though I have not gotten any emails yet. They were not able to confirm if they would be able to do anything yet.. Should I dispute it with my credit card?

12-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #173

Had to create new account because tapatalk was messing up on me for some odd reason. Previously posted as UT07.

Anywho, I checked my CC and sure enough I have a pending charge for $1299 for the FA31... I just got off the phone with PWS and, oh boy - this may be a new level of incompetence I'm dealing with here. First she confirms my order info and informs me the lens costs $1299. I tell her I ordered at the Black Friday reduced pricing for $773.42 as is reflected in my order confirmation email. She asks me to forward her that email...so I did. She then put me on hold while she talked with a manager. She came back and informed me that the price is $1299 and she cannot do anything about it. I explain to her that that is indeed the price of the lens NOW but I ordered it for 773 as shown on the email I sent her. I asked to chat with her manager. She put me on hold again and came back 10 minutes later saying that she chatted with a SENIOR manager and that they will, in fact, honor the 773 price and credit my CC the difference when the lens ships. Apparently, they had an issue with the order system that they are aware of. So I ask when the lens will ship to which she claims tomorrow... I kindly inform her that I called yesterday to check the status of my order and was told the lens was out of stock and it would be 2 or 3 weeks before it shipped. She said that it is certainly in stock as the order went straight to the warehouse when I placed it (right....) Apparently my lens will be shipping in the next couple of days. In any case, I don't believe a word she said and will be watching my email and CC carefully this week to see how it transpires. I've concluded that the PWS is run by a bunch of clowns.
12-02-2014, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #174
Veteran Member

This is seriously beyond belief. If my card gets dinged for 13 bills I'm gonna raise holy hell.
12-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
This is seriously beyond belief. If my card gets dinged for 13 bills I'm gonna raise holy hell.
Does anyone from Pentax read this stuff? I would be ashamed. They can't even control the negative publicity as a result. Sounds to me like they don't have their Customer Sales and finance systems linked to the Inventory Management. The front office is not linked to the back office. (except by telephone and email)
12-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
I ordered a 55-300mm WR lens on 11/27 and my order says 'Pending Approval'. I did see a pending charge to my debit card in the correct sale price amount.

For the price, i'm fine with this taking a few weeks to get here. I actually didn't NEED it until the Spring anyway, so it's fine with me.

Better than paying $150 more at B&H
My position as well. Doesn't speak well of them but for the savings I'm willing to wait a bit.

---------- Post added 12-02-14 at 07:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Does anyone from Pentax read this stuff? I would be ashamed. They can't even control the negative publicity as a result. Sounds to me like they don't have their Customer Sales and finance systems linked to the Inventory Management. The front office is not linked to the back office. (except by telephone and email)
That was the conclusion around here with the DA50 fiasco of '12.
12-02-2014, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #177

Similar experience here

After noticing the pending credit card charge yesterday, I called them today. The representative kept insisting that the full price was correct. I told her that it was not, I ordered at 6:08 a.m. on Friday and the prices are indicated clearly on the bill I received with the e-mail --- and in their own system that I was looking at even as I spoke with her. She asked me to send a copy of the bill and she would get right back. I forwarded her the confirmation e-mail and the PDF and --- she didn't get back to me.

This operation has little integrity to it. If its name wasn't PentaxWebstore, would you ever order from a firm that treats its customers like this? I know that I really don't care if I saved 50% on both lenses I ordered, I will call them tomorrow and cancel them unless they send me a communication assuring me of the price.

By the way, this thread may be useful for your credit card company to see. I don't know if there is a way to copy the whole thread to a document, but one could certainly link to it.
12-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #178
Veteran Member

Just got a reply to my email to the Pentax Store from Saturday saying two weeks for my lens. Did not address at all my concern that I ordered well before they showed out of stock and is twice the timeframe I was given over the phone. I think I got Moe this time because it was clearly Curly on the phone the other day.

Last edited by Docrwm; 12-03-2014 at 10:27 AM.
12-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #179
Veteran Member

They officially sucked the fun out of this purchase. I'm actually getting pissed now. It's outlandish that issues with this store haven't been resolved. I had an issue years ago with a discounted Kx camera that I never received.

Pentax needs to work hard at improving their brand image. Situations like this do lots of harm to the cause.
12-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #180
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
That was the conclusion around here with the DA50 fiasco of '12.
I swore off ever buying from them after that "deal" and even though tempted with the new deals, I did resist.
Hope everyone gets what they ordered at the sale prices, and have no more headaches in doing so.