Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,576
12-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #196

I placed my order on the 28th and emailed customer service immediately because the billing address wasn't correct (different than shipping address). I was afraid this would delay my order and possibly void the sale price. YESTERDAY I got a generic email back that basically said, we got your email but if you want any service you better call instead. Huh???? Well my card had been charged the sale price days before so we shall see....

12-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #197
Veteran Member

I have a sneaking suspicion that the PWS received more orders on Black Friday than they have in their 5+ years of existence!
12-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #198
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
I have a sneaking suspicion that the PWS received more orders on Black Friday than they have in their 5+ years of existence!
Just spoke to Pentax on the phone about my FA31 order. They said it will be $1300 or it will be cancelled, the Black Friday pricing was a mistake and my email and invoice is not valid. I can either accept this or cancel. END OF STORY.

I am so dumbfounded I cannot even speak! Needless to say this will be the beginning of some serious compliant.
12-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #199
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
All I can say is, "Wow... wow..."

It validates the old saying of if it's too good to be true then it must be. The prices were way too low to be realistic. You also get what you pay for. That's pretty crummy service from a website.

I wonder how long Ricoh has to keep associating themselves with this place. They must have a contract of some sort. Anyone know when it expires?

12-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #200
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow these guys are awful. I feel bad for everyone who's having trouble with them.

On a more legal note, isn't offering an item at one price and then demanding a higher price, a bait and switch scheme which would be highly illegal?
12-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #201
Veteran Member

On the phone with PWS.. Stay tuned... The lady who I'm speaking with suspects the issue is related to the free shipping promo. This promo along with the reduced price may have exploited some kind of bug in their system. Again, stay tuned...
12-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #202

Photos: Gallery
There might be hope.....

I received an e-mail back confirming that my order will be shipped at the promised price. Of course, the web page still shows order pending, and one of the lenses is backordered and so the two lenses will not be shipped for some unspecified time. Given other people's experiences, I might cancel -- if I could be assured they could handle that properly!

12-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #203
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kpevav Quote
I received an e-mail back confirming that my order will be shipped at the promised price. Of course, the web page still shows order pending, and one of the lenses is backordered and so the two lenses will not be shipped for some unspecified time. Given other people's experiences, I might cancel -- if I could be assured they could handle that properly!

I also don't trust the cancellation process. Will wait and see what happens next.
12-03-2014, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #204
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My experience was that the people on the phone do what they say they will but the website and email notification system is a horrific mess. The website still showed my order in "Pending Approval" after my lens had been delivered. In fact, I just checked and the website *still* shows the order is pending approval but the lens was delivered yesterday afternoon and my card has been charged (the correct amount).
12-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #205
Veteran Member

I just spoke with a woman named Fonda Dawson. She provided exceptional service. Actually, make that NORMAL service! She seemed to know the system well and offered me two options.

1. I can place a new order for the correct sale price. The problem with this option is that my order will be on the backorder list.
2. Wait for my 31mm to ship. Apparently my Friday AM order is tied to lens that is committed in the whs. If I'm charged the full amount upon receipt of the lens I need to call back and get a refund.

At no time did she say my order must be cancelled due to the "glitch". She is going to monitor the progress of my order and call me back. This level of service seems like a long shot but that's what she said.

We'll see... The drama continues!!!
12-03-2014, 07:52 AM   #206

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Just spoke to Pentax on the phone about my FA31 order. They said it will be $1300 or it will be cancelled, the Black Friday pricing was a mistake and my email and invoice is not valid. I can either accept this or cancel. END OF STORY.

I am so dumbfounded I cannot even speak! Needless to say this will be the beginning of some serious compliant.

That's the story I got yesterday until I asked to speak with a manager. Then the story changed to honoring the sale price. These folks are certainly incompetent.
12-03-2014, 07:57 AM   #207
Veteran Member

Got a chuckle out of this!

Best course of action is to wait for the lens to arrive and deal with the financial end of it later. Really, REALLY far from ideal. What else can you do? Lesson learned for me (hopefully).

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr. PhunkyPants Quote
...I'm not entirely sure I believe they can cancel the order at this point, either!
12-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #208

Can someone please post an appropriate POC in Denver to contact so that we can be sure Pentax is aware of these issues?
12-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr. PhunkyPants Quote
Can someone please post an appropriate POC in Denver to contact so that we can be sure Pentax is aware of these issues?

I'd start with John Carlson. I say this because at the end of the day it reflects badly on Pentax/Ricoh.

I'm personally not rattled enough yet to take this route. What's it going to take for me? When my credit card is dinged $1,300.
12-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #210
Veteran Member

I'm glad I decided to go for the DA 20-40mm from B&H on Black Friday rather than with another lens from the Pentax Store sale. I actually was in the process of ordering the DA 55-300 WR for under $260 but the Pentax Store website gagged when I clicked on the PayPal payment option. Rather than choose another option, I decided the site malfuction was a sign, given previous issues with the Pentax Store. So I just aborted the process. Some things never change.