Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,620
12-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #226

Well, well, well. I just checked my online statement and I've been charged $412.90 from Pentax Webstore.
This for a K-50 priced at $299.95 + 10.95 shipping for a total of $310.90. Not only did they not give me the promised free shipping for orders over $99 now it seems they have up-charged me to the pre-sale price. I have invoice and order confirmation emails up until Nov 29th showing the sale price. What a mess. Seriously! The Ricoh/Pentax image is floundering. signed: Not happy in Missouri.

Edit to add: The white K-50 has been shown to be "in stock" the whole period of time. This is not a back ordered item and should have been sent out soon with the correct price as advertised and confirmed with the online sales form and confirmation email from Pentax Web store. Shows "in stock and ships within one business day". What could go wrong?

Last edited by chiggerbyt; 12-03-2014 at 02:54 PM.
12-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #227
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry you guys had headaches. Maybe I didn't because I used PayPal. If a seller doesn't get the price right up front with PayPal, the seller can not add additional PayPal charges, but they can do partial refunds. (I've had to write updates for software that does PayPal billing. It's a mild annoyance for sellers (in our case, the sellers are shipping car parts, and you can't get an accurate price to ship a several thousand pound engine via a web interface... So they have to do a separate transaction for freight fees, where with a credit card they can reauthorize and change it), but helps protect buyers from issues like this.

My 31mm came today. I didn't realize how large it was going to be compared to the other limiteds. Still a touch smaller than my old 35/1.8 from nikon (that costs less than $200), but it's definitely not going to share a pocket with another limited (maybe the 40xs). And I don't have any 58mm filters. (First world problems, I know). Think it could handle a 58>55 step down ring without vignetting on aps-c? I have a set of 55mm filters (pola, variable nd, neodymium) for my porst.
12-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #228
Veteran Member

Sounds like the choice was between using a Webstore account and being able to track status but risking unauthorized charges, or using Paypal with CC protection but no way to see if your order was processed.

For those who were overcharged, I hope everything gets resolved quickly so you can put this mess behind you and enjoy your new gear.
12-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #229
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I ordered 31mm and Q7+02 on black friday. Q7 shipped but 31mm was back-ordered.

Today I almost had a heart-attack when I saw $1300 on my credit card statement (first thing that came to my mind was to look at the forum for others in the same situation )

Called customer service, the lady was very nice. She asked me to forward the order email to her and then after a few minutes of hold, she said they will credit the delta between the full price and the $773.42.

Not out of the woods yet, but I appreciate they honored the price on back-ordered lens.

Hope the 31mm is worth it. It definitely is arriving with a bang

12-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #230
Pentaxian

For those that are more than upset, Connecticut Consumer Fraud Division dcp.fraud@ct.gov plus lots of others links at the Attorney General's website.
12-03-2014, 03:03 PM - 2 Likes   #231
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As a 17 year seller on eBay, I swear I could run this web store out of my basement without a hitch.
After some searching I did find a staff photo.
12-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #232
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They are too competent for that site...

12-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #233
Veteran Member

Another update here.

I ordered an FA 31 @ $773.42 on the 27th. I'm in Australia so I used an Australian Credit Card and put in a mail redirection service address as the delivery address.

On Monday I received an email stating that the credit card couldn't be verified (fair enough as it's not a US card), and that my only option was to pay by wire transfer $1324! (non-sale price plus $25 wire transfer fee)

I spoke on the phone to a nice lady who said she would amend the price if I could forward her my order confirmation email detailing the sale price.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to pay by wire transfer, only Credit card or Paypal. The lady on the phone said she can't raise a Paypal invoice, so I've had to cancel the order.

I've waited four years to get this lens, and I've gotten so close (even with the 25% devaluation in the Aussie dollar over the last 2 years it's a great deal). If only I'd paid by Paypal when checking out...
12-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #234

Well this morning when I checked my CC statement the (correct) pending charge wasn't there anymore. I did get an email today saying they hadn't shipped my order because they couldn't verify the billing information (address). Ummmm hello?!?!?! That's why I emailed customer service on the 28th immediately after my order went through with the wrong billing address. Of course now they are closed so I won't be able to call until tomorrow. I never did get a confirmation email. Thank goodness I printed my order detail! I think I will scan it so I will have an electronic copy I can send them if they ask for it. Funny, the bottom of my printout says PentaxWebstore is operated by BrandShop and next to that is a BBB logo saying their rating is an A+!!!!! Ha!!!! Can't be.
12-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #235

UPDATE: Called the 800 number provided on my confirmation email. Talked with Chris who said yes the order was at the warehouse to be shipped and for the full amount not the sales price. I informed him that it was on sale when I purchased it and there was an error on their side of the deal. He looked up my order and said I was right and that it should have been at the sale price. I was then given two options;
1) Leave the order go through at the current higher price and seek a refund later
2) Cancel the existing order and re-order with the correct sales price.
DUH and Double DUH.
I choose door #2 please. Then he needed to "verify" my confirmation statement by me forwarding the email to him at brandshop.com
I chose to stay on the phone until he received and verified he had the invoice email. He then read it and had to go to a manager. Came back and said we are canceling the first order and proceeding with a new order. This required using charge card again. He said I should receive a new email with the new order and correct pricing. Received email about 15 minutes later and here is the result:
"You’re all set sir ! Thank you for your invoice. Price has now been matched to your original invoice. Your order # p406201X has been released. It’ll take 24-48 business hours to process, ship to you in about 5-10 business days or less. Order # K182026X has been stopped.
Thank you for your cooperation." Now with fingers crossed we wait again.........

Last edited by chiggerbyt; 12-04-2014 at 09:31 PM.
12-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #236
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chiggerbyt Quote
Now with fingers crossed we wait again.....
Time to start byting your nails.
Good Luck!
12-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #237
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
Another update here.

I ordered an FA 31 @ $773.42 on the 27th. I'm in Australia so I used an Australian Credit Card and put in a mail redirection service address as the delivery address.

On Monday I received an email stating that the credit card couldn't be verified (fair enough as it's not a US card), and that my only option was to pay by wire transfer $1324! (non-sale price plus $25 wire transfer fee)

I spoke on the phone to a nice lady who said she would amend the price if I could forward her my order confirmation email detailing the sale price.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to pay by wire transfer, only Credit card or Paypal. The lady on the phone said she can't raise a Paypal invoice, so I've had to cancel the order.

I've waited four years to get this lens, and I've gotten so close (even with the 25% devaluation in the Aussie dollar over the last 2 years it's a great deal). If only I'd paid by Paypal when checking out...
Can you ask them to start a new order andhonor your initial order price like others did?
12-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #238
Veteran Member

All that's required to pay by wire transfer is to go to a bank, give them money and the account number you're sending it to. You don't even have to have an account at the bank. Pretty sure you could even use a credit card to do the wire, though it would be charged as a cash advance which might have a higher interest rate. Sometimes there's a small fee (at my bank I think it was $20 if you didn't have a business account or an interest-bearing checking account)
12-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #239
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Can you ask them to start a new order andhonor your initial order price like others did?
I'll try, but when I spoke to the lady on the phone she said that Paypal can only be done online (i.e. via the automated checkout) and not via an email order. Therfore if I wanted to pay by Paypal it would be at the $1299 price. Given I don't have access to a US credit card I reckon I might be out of luck.

I'll keep trying though, thanks for the advice!

---------- Post added 04-12-14 at 11:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
All that's required to pay by wire transfer is to go to a bank, give them money and the account number you're sending it to. You don't even have to have an account at the bank. Pretty sure you could even use a credit card to do the wire, though it would be charged as a cash advance which might have a higher interest rate. Sometimes there's a small fee (at my bank I think it was $20 if you didn't have a business account or an interest-bearing checking account)
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I can't do it via my Credit Card so it would take me 2-3 weeks to get the cash together.
12-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #240

Another update here.

Same here, I am in NZ. Got the same email asking for a wire transfer (which i won't do coz its insecure) for the k50 i ordered on black Friday sale. Paypal wouldn't have helped me as they don't accept non-US Paypal accounts. I don't know what they need to do to accept international credit cards or non-US Papal. My order is still in pending approval status.