Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,276
12-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #241
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwipixter Quote
Same here, I am in NZ. Got the same email asking for a wire transfer (which i won't do coz its insecure) for the k50 i ordered on black Friday sale. Paypal wouldn't have helped me as they don't accept non-US Paypal accounts. I don't know what they need to do to accept international credit cards or non-US Papal. My order is still in pending approval status.
Looks like we're in the same boat.

The thing is their website says "We accept all VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards." Nothing about non-International cards. If I'd known that I would have used Paypal (although they still might not have shipped to a US address for an Australian account).

I've had stuff shipped to me from B&H, Adorama, KEH, even multiple times from Japan! It's such a shame that the Webstore is so difficult.

12-03-2014, 08:51 PM - 1 Like   #242

Well hot damn! My FA31 has shipped and will deliver on Monday. Now onto phase two of the battle... Operation 773 shall commence tomorrow. I have no doubt I'll end up explaining to these clowns the whole story again multiple times before they credit the difference back to my cc.
12-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #243
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
I just got a UPS shipping notification from Suresource. It's scheduled to come tomorrow. Signature required.
Finally my FA31mm shipped today...

---------- Post added 12-03-14 at 09:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I took monochrome's advice and sent the following to Jim Malcolm, Pres of Pentax USA.

Dear Mr. Malcolm,

I'm a Pentaxian. It's just that simple, I own 4 Pentax cameras (K-5iis, K-01, Q, and an old K1000).

I'm trying to give you a genuine heads up so you can continue to rehab Pentax's image in the US. The "official" webstore is a nightmare and causing lots of issues for Pentax. Perhaps you are already aware, but this last week was another fiasco for Pentax IMHO.

Please refer to the following thread on the Pentax Forums:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/280446-pentax-web-store-sales.html

Regards,

RWM
If Jim can check this thread, here are two suggestions:

1) Sell also refurbished cameras and lenses. When you take deep discount on the refurbished items, you do not directly compete with BH, Adorama or other local dealers.

2) Improve the order system. The issues happened again and again every year. Billing the correct price as advertise and ship in order. If there is an billing issue, contact the buyer in a timely manner.
12-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #244
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwipixter Quote
Same here, I am in NZ. Got the same email asking for a wire transfer (which i won't do coz its insecure) for the k50 i ordered on black Friday sale. Paypal wouldn't have helped me as they don't accept non-US Paypal accounts. I don't know what they need to do to accept international credit cards or non-US Papal. My order is still in pending approval status.
A wire transfer is the *most* secure way to transfer money electronically. That's how banks transfer money to one another, it's how businesses move money around. Where on earth did you get the idea that a wire is insecure?

12-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #245
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
A wire transfer is the *most* secure way to transfer money electronically. That's how banks transfer money to one another, it's how businesses move money around. Where on earth did you get the idea that a wire is insecure?
The money transfer is secure, but there are no mechanisms in place to ensure goods are received. So using a write transfer requires a degree of trust and a means of getting recompense through the legal system which is beyond most individuals particularly when international borders are involved.
12-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #246
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Maybe the concern about wire transfers is that the money arrives but the webstore fails to keep track of things and never ships? The webstore has a history of being unreliable. Credit cards and Paypal have dispute processes that protect consumers. It's much more difficult to reverse a wire transfer if your order never arrives.

Never use wire transfers to untrustworthy sellers.
12-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #247

QuoteOriginally posted by boushh Quote
Was your K-50 supposed to come with the EyeFi card? Mine was, but it wasn't in the packaging, as far as I can tell...
Well now that you say that... nope, didn't get the card either unless it's buried in there somewhere. I didn't dig through everything though since it's a gift. The web page said, and still does, that it comes with the EyeFi card.

12-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #248
Veteran Member

Well...apparently not a single Pentax Web Store thread turns out less than 2 dozen pages any time you see one. That tells you something....
12-04-2014, 02:40 AM   #249

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Maybe the concern about wire transfers is that the money arrives but the webstore fails to keep track of things and never ships? The webstore has a history of being unreliable. Credit cards and Paypal have dispute processes that protect consumers. It's much more difficult to reverse a wire transfer if your order never arrives.

Never use wire transfers to untrustworthy sellers.
Exactly, i will not use wire transfers unless i know the owner of the bank account i am transferring to.
12-04-2014, 05:47 AM   #250

QuoteOriginally posted by jsboening Quote
Just ordered my 31mm. I ordered a 43mm and 15mm last year and although communication was slow from the pentax store, they did deliver as promised. We'll see how it goes this time around.
I see this morning that my bank account is being over charged. I emailed the Pentaxwebstore to get this resolved.
12-04-2014, 05:57 AM   #251
Site Supporter

so far, so good

Given the problems that are being discussed, I just want to say that my order appears to be proceeding without a hitch thus far.

I ordered a K-50 and a DA 55-300WR on 11/27/2014 for a sale price (558.57). I received a confirmation email, and was informed that an item (lens) was out of stock, and would be shipped later along with the camera body. On 12/2/2014 I received a confirmation email, notifying me that my order was on backorder, and expected to ship in about 2 weeks time.

I was glad to take advantage of this sale, and I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks to get a significant discount price. I shop with Adorama, but was not ready/willing to buy any of the specials that Adorama was offering. If it were not for the sale, I would not have bought either item during this holiday season.
12-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #252

QuoteOriginally posted by pixelated Quote
Given the problems that are being discussed, I just want to say that my order appears to be proceeding without a hitch thus far.

I ordered a K-50 and a DA 55-300WR on 11/27/2014 for a sale price (558.57). I received a confirmation email, and was informed that an item (lens) was out of stock, and would be shipped later along with the camera body. On 12/2/2014 I received a confirmation email, notifying me that my order was on backorder, and expected to ship in about 2 weeks time.

I was glad to take advantage of this sale, and I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks to get a significant discount price. I shop with Adorama, but was not ready/willing to buy any of the specials that Adorama was offering. If it were not for the sale, I would not have bought either item during this holiday season.

I recommend checking your credit card statement to make sure they charged the sale price and not the full non-discounted price.
12-04-2014, 06:17 AM   #253
Inactive Account

Hi

I tried to open a new thread but because I am new here it didn't allow me. There is a seller on Amazon Have the 50mm F1.8 for 55$

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-DA-50mm-f1-8-Cameras/dp/B00861DI4U/ref=sr_1_1?i...x+DSLR+Cameras
12-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #254

Same story here. Ordered FA 31 and was charged the full price in CC.
Now in my pentaxstore account, I have a pentax handstrap, ordered and canceled, a DA 50/1.8, ordered and canceled, FA 31, ordered and canceled...I had nothinng but disappointing.
My bad trusting them again and again.
12-04-2014, 06:29 AM   #255
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bmw_328ci Quote
Hi

I tried to open a new thread but because I am new here it didn't allow me. There is a seller on Amazon Have the 50mm F1.8 for 55$

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-DA-50mm-f1-8-Cameras/dp/B00861DI4U/ref=sr_1_1?i...x+DSLR+Cameras
All posts to the price watch section must be approved before posted. Yours has been approved and is now posted.