Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,436
12-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #271
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Poor service

The Pentax Web Store, delayed my order for the FA31, now the item is out of stock.

12-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #272

Update #3: Checked online banking statement and, And, AND yes you guessed it. I now have two charges pending. One for the erroneous and supposedly canceled first order for $412.90 (K-50 with Ey-fi card kit sale $299.95 (in stock and ships next business day + free shipping on order over $99)). The other for $310.90 ( $299.95 + 10.95 shipping) reflecting the new order last night. He (Chris) said "yes the price is now the sale price and you get the free shipping as promised." RIGHT......!!!!
Today I call and whenever I finally get a person to talk to they immediately say they can't hear me and to call back later. Is this a dream or for real? Placing either order # in their online tracking provides the message "no tracking information". I took a few days off to visit the beach with expectation of a new camera awaiting my return. Went from happy expectation to wounded Pentaxian.
Edited to add: Someone at Pentax needs to step up and shoulder the responsibility for THEIR webstore. Leaving it in the hands of brandshop or ? at this time is irresponsible and leads to bad feelings and loss of customer confidence in my opinion.

Last edited by chiggerbyt; 12-04-2014 at 09:32 PM.
12-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #273

Daily update: I just got off the phone with PWS and this time spoke with someone who sounded competent. Basically, she was aware of the issue and told me that the price difference will be refunded back to my card within 2-3 business days. I didn't have to go into it like I did on previous calls. I made sure to jot down her email address before getting off the phone and told her I'll be in touch if I don't see the credit in three days. I guess now I wait and see. The lens is on its way and will arrive on Monday.

The 1299 charge is still pending on my CC and my order status now says "Reg Ord ready proces", similar to other reports.
12-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #274
Veteran Member

Officialy am off the "promotional sale", and cancel the order. Never will gonna buy anything from the Official Pentax Store again

12-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #275

I was asked to pay through wire transfer, with a $25 extra fee (have no US card). I cancelled the order
12-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #276
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Officialy am off the "promotional sale", and cancel the order. Never will gonna buy anything from the Official Pentax Store again
If you are in the US, please contact Ricoh Imaging (who are not the webstore, but the people who hired them):

Contact Us - RICOH Imaging

Everyone who has had unsatisfactory experiences with the "Pentax Webstore" should be letting Ricoh Imaging USA know about it. Otherwise these kind of threads will pop up every 6 months or so...
12-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #277

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PenTex Quote
Basically, she was aware of the issue and told me that the price difference will be refunded
What's puzzling is if they are aware & know about these problems that all of their customers are having and are complaining about - why doesn't someone who is in charge at Pentax Web Store act immediately & correct it? How on earth are they in business! This is simply appalling!

12-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #278
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
If you are in the US, please contact Ricoh Imaging (who are not the webstore, but the people who hired them):

Contact Us - RICOH Imaging

Everyone who has had unsatisfactory experiences with the "Pentax Webstore" should be letting Ricoh Imaging USA know about it. Otherwise these kind of threads will pop up every 6 months or so...
How could Ricoh Imaging USA not know about it? It happens every time they have one of these "sales".
12-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #279
Veteran Member

Got my FREE FA 31mm! Yep, I've got lens in hand and a zero balance on my credit card. I still have a $1,300 pending charge, however.

I figure by this time tomorrow my wife will be asking why I spent $2,600 for a screw-drive lens.

The saga continues... BUT I'VE GOT A LENS!

P.S.: B&H could take a packing lesson from these guys. It was DOUBLE-BOXED in addition to the factory packaging.
12-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #280
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
Got my FREE FA 31mm! Yep, I've got lens in hand and a zero balance on my credit card. I still have a $1,300 pending charge, however.

I figure by this time tomorrow my wife will be asking why I spent $2,600 for a screw-drive lens.

The saga continues... BUT I'VE GOT A LENS!

P.S.: B&H could take a packing lesson from these guys. It was DOUBLE-BOXED in addition to the factory packaging.
Signature needs updating Enjoy!
12-04-2014, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #281
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My 50mm 2.8 macro has arrived. The invoice in the box is for the full price (not the $303 sale price). And when I attach the lens to my K-3, the camera doesn't seem to recognize it. I get a F--- on my screen. And F-- is kind of what I feel like saying right now.
12-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #282
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Let's be honest here. The Pentax web store is bad, but Ricoh's own web site is plagued with errors and poor design. It's good that theyhave legacy users because they sure wojuldn't attract new customers based on their web presence.
12-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #283
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Update, I received my new HD 50-300 WR lens yesterday from the Pentax Webtore. Every thing was fine, if was packaged well and the lens works perfectly. Can not wait to test it out fully on my new K3. I had no billing issues or anything. I guess I got lucky since my experience cwith the web store went without any issues at all.
12-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #284
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
My 50mm 2.8 macro has arrived. The invoice in the box is for the full price (not the $303 sale price). And when I attach the lens to my K-3, the camera doesn't seem to recognize it. I get a F--- on my screen. And F-- is kind of what I feel like saying right now.

Not good. Clean the camera's contacts and re-mount it.

I bought a defective 100mm macro once. It can happen.
12-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #285
Pentaxian

... and also make sure that the aperture ring on the lens is solidly in the "A" position.

(Hey, I know it's simple, but stranger things have happened.)