Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,603
12-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #331
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The charge finally came through on my Amex yesterday for the full purchase price ($599.99) for the 50mm macro 2.8 (versus the sale price of $303.15), with no indication of a credit.

I sent in a response through the online customer service contact yesterday and followed up by telephoning (several times!) this morning. As before, I had to call several times to get the "good" telephone line that actually functions. Hint - If you dial in and find that their phone system doesn't respond when you punch 2 or 3, etc., then no one is going to be able to hear you when you finally get off hold ...

I finally reached a live human being who could hear me (I think his name was Martin) and after checking my order, he asked me to send him an email forwarding the original confirmation (at the sale price) that I'd received, and he said they would refund the difference. So I followed that up with an email and repeated in the message that he'd told me that the difference in price would be refunded to my card.

We'll see how this progresses ...

12-08-2014, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #332
Veteran Member

I feel sorry for the pains many are going through buying from PWS, but must confess to reading this thread daily.
It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
Hope everyone gets squared away with this very poorly ran outfit.
12-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #333

QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
The charge finally came through on my Amex yesterday for the full purchase price ($599.99) for the 50mm macro 2.8 (versus the sale price of $303.15), with no indication of a credit.

I sent in a response through the online customer service contact yesterday and followed up by telephoning (several times!) this morning. As before, I had to call several times to get the "good" telephone line that actually functions. Hint - If you dial in and find that their phone system doesn't respond when you punch 2 or 3, etc., then no one is going to be able to hear you when you finally get off hold ...

I finally reached a live human being who could hear me (I think his name was Martin) and after checking my order, he asked me to send him an email forwarding the original confirmation (at the sale price) that I'd received, and he said they would refund the difference. So I followed that up with an email and repeated in the message that he'd told me that the difference in price would be refunded to my card.

We'll see how this progresses ...
I had a similar issue and the Customer service rep credited the additional amount of 296 back to my discover card within 2 days. Didn't have to fight about it. So I'm guessing it should be done for you as well.
12-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #334
Forum Member

You going for a77 II or a99? just curious why not the k3? I am on the fence now for k3, a77, or d7100.

mike

QuoteOriginally posted by mrbrightside Quote
I have a K-5, but I want to switch to Sony very soon, and I'm very tempted to buy this lens to see how good it is at this price :/

12-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #335
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tampamiketaylor Quote
You going for a77 II or a99? just curious why not the k3? I am on the fence now for k3, a77, or d7100.

mike
Got the refund (amount due back) on the 31mm today. Also got a nice email from the Ricoh COO who said they are looking to change the process as a result of the problems being brought his attention.
12-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #336
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Got the refund (amount due back) on the 31mm today. Also got a nice email from the Ricoh COO who said they are looking to change the process as a result of the problems being brought his attention.
Good news indeed!
12-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #337
Veteran Member

That is surprisingly, but in a good way.

12-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #338
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good news on both counts. Glad they're finally getting to this issue.
12-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #339

Photos: Albums
Hey maybe they'll have a big sale then!

Oh wait.....
12-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #340
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EJMzagsfan Quote
Update on my order: I sent an email and recieved a reply stating that they were unable to verify my billing adress so that's why the lens wasn't sent. Upon calling customer service today they are going to call my cc company for verification. This is really annoying, there is nothing wrong with my billing information. They also claim to have sent me an email telling about the problem, but I've checked my spam and there was no email.
I had the same problem, I told them that my shipping address has been used for years and is on file with the credit card company. They claimed they tried calling the credit card company 3 time and were denied. I then got on the phone with the Web Store rep, in a 3 way call I found that they were contacting the wrong party for verification, were transferred to Cardmember Service, the immediately verified the info. Of course after the course of these several days the lens is no longer in stock.
12-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #341
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is nice that they are fixing the issue but a bit embarrassing that many people had to waste their time with phone-calls and emails.
12-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #342

QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
It is nice that they are fixing the issue but a bit embarrassing that many people had to waste their time with phone-calls and emails.

Yup. It really was an unnecessary hassle.
12-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #343
Forum Member

Got my 31mm Limited

Finally got my 31mm limited today. Also the difference in amount was put back into my bank account.
12-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #344

That's good to hear. They are still holding the $700 they overcharged me for my order. Apparently it will be put back at the time of shipping. It's really got my wife PO'd.
12-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #345

QuoteOriginally posted by jsboening Quote
That's good to hear. They are still holding the $700 they overcharged me for my order. Apparently it will be put back at the time of shipping. It's really got my wife PO'd.
Final update? I was hoping so. Received the K-50 today. Well packed and on time as to delivery date. The sale was to include a 4gb EyeFi card. Yep as some others have indicated the EyeFi card was nowhere to be found.
Time for "another" phone call, pick #2, pick #2, wait and after a brief time was connected with Jessica. Explained the sale and missing EyeFi card. She had to go and talk with someone about that. About 8 minutes later came back and said they would send it out for free and provided me with a new order # for the card. Thought I may as well bring up the free shipping for the fourth time. She checked again with a supervisor and said that would be credited back as well. If all goes well this will be my last post on the subject. Ricoh would do well to ask for a heavy refund on their contract with this service company. Too much drama and stress for a simple transaction. Would only order again after seeing a very positive review/s in the future. Over and out.