Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,596
12-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #346
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those of us that ordered the 55-300WR early are still waiting on word about our orders.

I was told that they expected a shipment to arrive on the 8th. No such luck. No idea how long this will take at this point.

12-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #347

QuoteOriginally posted by chiggerbyt Quote
Final update? I was hoping so. Received the K-50 today. Well packed and on time as to delivery date. The sale was to include a 4gb EyeFi card. Yep as some others have indicated the EyeFi card was nowhere to be found.
Time for "another" phone call, pick #2, pick #2, wait and after a brief time was connected with Jessica. Explained the sale and missing EyeFi card. She had to go and talk with someone about that. About 8 minutes later came back and said they would send it out for free and provided me with a new order # for the card. Thought I may as well bring up the free shipping for the fourth time. She checked again with a supervisor and said that would be credited back as well. If all goes well this will be my last post on the subject. Ricoh would do well to ask for a heavy refund on their contract with this service company. Too much drama and stress for a simple transaction. Would only order again after seeing a very positive review/s in the future. Over and out.
Oh great! I get to look forward to making that call as well. The camera I ordered for my daughter is supposed to include the wifi card too. Maybe I should just call them right now a remind them not to forget it. Sigh.
12-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #348
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
The charge finally came through on my Amex yesterday for the full purchase price ($599.99) for the 50mm macro 2.8 (versus the sale price of $303.15), with no indication of a credit.

I sent in a response through the online customer service contact yesterday and followed up by telephoning (several times!) this morning. As before, I had to call several times to get the "good" telephone line that actually functions. Hint - If you dial in and find that their phone system doesn't respond when you punch 2 or 3, etc., then no one is going to be able to hear you when you finally get off hold ...

I finally reached a live human being who could hear me (I think his name was Martin) and after checking my order, he asked me to send him an email forwarding the original confirmation (at the sale price) that I'd received, and he said they would refund the difference. So I followed that up with an email and repeated in the message that he'd told me that the difference in price would be refunded to my card.

We'll see how this progresses ...
QuoteOriginally posted by donpjt Quote
I had a similar issue and the Customer service rep credited the additional amount of 296 back to my discover card within 2 days. Didn't have to fight about it. So I'm guessing it should be done for you as well.
Nope, not for me. I checked my email for the confirmation I was supposed to receive and nothing turned up. I checked my credit card (2 days after speaking to a CS rep) and nothing had changed. I called back today and after waiting 4 minutes on hold for a CS rep and then about 8 minutes for a manager, I was put through to a very pleasant supervisor who said that a) they are aware of the problem and have been working through a list of errors, but b) the CS rep didn't notify her of my request although he should have, so that the amount could be credited, and c) she was taking care of it on the phone as we spoke. So I will check my credit card again in a couple of days and see if it works this time.
12-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #349
rjp

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Those of us that ordered the 55-300WR early are still waiting on word about our orders.

I was told that they expected a shipment to arrive on the 8th. No such luck. No idea how long this will take at this point.
Called today to check on my order since the credit card pend expired. All's well with my order, still backordered at the black friday price, was told they expect a shipment on the 17th.

12-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #350
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rjp Quote
Called today to check on my order since the credit card pend expired. All's well with my order, still backordered at the black friday price, was told they expect a shipment on the 17th.
Thanks. Saved me a call, but I was originally told the 8th. Just hoping that it actually goes through at the price promised.
12-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #351
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Also got a nice email from the Ricoh COO who said they are looking to change the process as a result of the problems being brought his attention.
Sorry, but they mentioned this before, and nothing was done.

12-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #352

Photos: Albums
Yea same story here.

12-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #353

So if they get them on the 17th when might they be shipped out? I'm anticipating that they will ship my order just in time for the two week closure at work which is where I am having it sent. So no one will be there to accept the package. Fabulous.
12-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #354
rjp

QuoteOriginally posted by allexinwonderland Quote
So if they get them on the 17th when might they be shipped out? I'm anticipating that they will ship my order just in time for the two week closure at work which is where I am having it sent. So no one will be there to accept the package. Fabulous.
That would be the expectation, but then, it was emphasized that the 17th was an estimated arrival at the moment. Didn't sound like there was a firm expectation one way or the other that's when they would be received.

In any case, I don't have an haven't urgent need and will be happy if I eventually get it at the price. (Hoping to not have a repeat of the February web store $20 hand grip experience) Otherwise it would of been a long time till I would have been able to justify spending the normal cost or getting one used.

You might want to check with them prior and if they ship ups, they can redirect the delivery ahead of time. Otherwise, once you have a tracking number you can go online to ups and redirect it yourself, or indicate to hold for pickup....
12-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #355

That would be the expectation, but then, it was emphasized that the 17th was an estimated arrival at the moment. Didn't sound like there was a firm expectation one way or the other that's when they would be received.

In any case, I don't have an haven't urgent need and will be happy if I eventually get it at the price. (Hoping to not have a repeat of the February web store $20 hand grip experience) Otherwise it would of been a long time till I would have been able to justify spending the normal cost or getting one used.

You might want to check with them prior and if they ship ups, they can redirect the delivery ahead of time. Otherwise, once you have a tracking number you can go online to ups and redirect it yourself, or indicate to hold for pickup....

Doesn't that cost extra to redirect it yourself if you aren't the shipper? It might be worth it anyway. The only urgent need I have is for it to not arrive at my house when my husband might intercept it. I am happy to wait a month or even two as long as it doesn't show up on my doorstep. That's why I had it sent to work instead!
12-11-2014, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #356
Veteran Member

The only urgent need I have is for it to not arrive at my house when my husband might intercept it. I am happy to wait a month or even two as long as it doesn't show up on my doorstep. That's why I had it sent to work instead!
A surprise gift for him? How nice! :P
12-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #357
Banned

Doesn't that cost extra to redirect it yourself if you aren't the shipper? It might be worth it anyway. The only urgent need I have is for it to not arrive at my house when my husband might intercept it. I am happy to wait a month or even two as long as it doesn't show up on my doorstep. That's why I had it sent to work instead!

They (UPS) will hold it at their facility for a "will call" for free (if you're close to their hub), you then have 3 days to pick it up before they automatically return it. You can also leave it at your neighbors (within walking distance of delivery address) for free. Everything else, if allowed by the shipper, costs $$$, I believe about $5.00 or so, including having it sent to your local UPS store if you have one. Your best bet may be to contact the shipper to see how they ship, and what changes, if any are allowed.

FedEx will send it to your local FedEx store for free as well.

If you sign up for the free "My UPS' or FedEx Accts., you'll usually get an e-mail the day before it's scheduled to arrive.

Hope things work out for you!
12-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #358
rjp

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
They (UPS) will hold it at their facility for a "will call" for free (if you're close to their hub), you then have 3 days to pick it up before they automatically return it. You can also leave it at your neighbors (within walking distance of delivery address) for free. Everything else, if allowed by the shipper, costs $$$, I believe about $5.00 or so, including having it sent to your local UPS store if you have one. Your best bet may be to contact the shipper to see how they ship, and what changes, if any are allowed.

FedEx will send it to your local FedEx store for free as well.

If you sign up for the free "My UPS' or FedEx Accts., you'll usually get an e-mail the day before it's scheduled to arrive.

Hope things work out for you!
Yep, what Al_Kohollick said.

In my case I was able to have the company I ordered from redirect to a different address after I ordered. It occurred to me after I placed the order that it wasnt a good idea to send it to the house when it is supposed to be surprise...
12-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #359

Photos: Albums
You could also keep an eye on the tracking, (if available), if they fail on the first attempt of delivery you can call their customer service and tell them to hold the item for pickup, and then just go to the ups location.
12-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #360
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The credit has finally shown up on my Amex statement for the overcharge relating to the 50mm f/2.8 macro. I'm glad the problem was finally sorted out, but I certainly learned a lesson. It's better to deal with reliable vendors (like Adorama and B&H).