Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,601
12-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #376
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris009 Quote
Hi All, For those of you still waiting for your new toys and those of you who have recently received them take note of the return policy. The 30 day return policy did not apply the my 31 Limited I received. The "special item specific return policy" on this lens is 14 days. I am not aware is this applies to other items.

Regards, Chris
Thanks Chris good to know. I always make a largish purchase like this on my AMEX card which will guarantee me(IIRC) 90 day return, even if merchant won't take it I return it to amex. Other benefits too, and I know others offer the same benefits. I had a claim for a 55-300 WR I fell on broke heliocoil and they paid for repair minus one way shipping. Super easy and fast. The repair even had a note saying they could not replace the hood and buy one at PWS so I got an extra $$ for the ridiculous "official" replacement price. Bought a nice knock off for <$10

12-16-2014, 02:19 AM   #377

QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
Mine has changed to "hold for quote" IIRC that was the status before it was canceled during the fiasco last year...
Mine too now. Not that I really know what the hell that means.
12-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #378

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris009 Quote
Hi All, For those of you still waiting for your new toys and those of you who have recently received them take note of the return policy. The 30 day return policy did not apply the my 31 Limited I received. The "special item specific return policy" on this lens is 14 days. I am not aware is this applies to other items.

Regards, Chris
Can confirm. Be sure to check your receipt/invoice which comes with the item. There is a large paragraph in the middle of the page entitled "Our Return Policy" and which lays out the "easy and convenient" PWS 30 day return policy. There is also the comment "please refer to any special item-specific return policies printed underneath the product on your pack slip or in the area below in the lower right corner as certain items are not returnable or have specific restrictions and limitations."

Then at bottom right: "Returns must be made within 14 days of purchase."

"Purchase" surely can't mean the time the order was placed given how many people are on waitlist status. Rather, it seems items are being charged to cards until they leave the warehouse. So maybe that is when the clock starts. Considering ground shipping times then apply against the 14 days, buyers really don't have much time to evaluate the item.

Bottomline, test your kit early and thoroughly and turn it around ASAP to avoid any possible issues!
12-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #379
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr. PhunkyPants Quote
Can confirm. Be sure to check your receipt/invoice which comes with the item. There is a large paragraph in the middle of the page entitled "Our Return Policy" and which lays out the "easy and convenient" PWS 30 day return policy. There is also the comment "please refer to any special item-specific return policies printed underneath the product on your pack slip or in the area below in the lower right corner as certain items are not returnable or have specific restrictions and limitations."

Then at bottom right: "Returns must be made within 14 days of purchase."

"Purchase" surely can't mean the time the order was placed given how many people are on waitlist status. Rather, it seems items are being charged to cards until they leave the warehouse. So maybe that is when the clock starts. Considering ground shipping times then apply against the 14 days, buyers really don't have much time to evaluate the item.

Bottomline, test your kit early and thoroughly and turn it around ASAP to avoid any possible issues!
I asked returning for exchange due to notable decentering issue of FA 31mm. Will ship back tomorrow. Sounds 14 days had past but I indeed requested before 14 days and they give me UPS label.

My only worry is that I might need to wait longer time for exchange as in previous thread there is claim that the ship of FA 31 will be in mid Jan! Will see...

12-18-2014, 09:37 AM   #380

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jsboening Quote
... I'm still going to wait for the 31mm that they told me would ship mid January. What a mess. Never again.
I hope this is not correct. My correspondence with customer service last week left me believing that the 31mm would be back in stock around now. The webstore still shows the lens as back ordered, but is offering delivery by Dec 23rd if you order now (at full price, of course). If they are able to fulfill these orders, there is no reason those of us who ordered weeks ago should have our orders delayed much longer. The next few days will tell us much.
12-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #381
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vZwicky Quote
I hope this is not correct. My correspondence with customer service last week left me believing that the 31mm would be back in stock around now. The webstore still shows the lens as back ordered, but is offering delivery by Dec 23rd if you order now (at full price, of course). If they are able to fulfill these orders, there is no reason those of us who ordered weeks ago should have our orders delayed much longer. The next few days will tell us much.
vZwicky, thanks for sharing the information. I am also waiting for my FA 31 and HD 55-300 anxiously. Hope to receive them before next year.
12-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #382
Veteran Member

[/COLOR]
QuoteOriginally posted by vZwicky Quote
Maybe I'm cynical... well, no real doubt THERE... but I'd bet dollars to donuts that anyone who pays full price, even after your order, will get their lens shipped first.

12-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #383
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
[/COLOR]

Maybe I'm cynical... well, no real doubt THERE... but I'd bet dollars to donuts that anyone who pays full price, even after your order, will get their lens shipped first.
I got fa 31mm at Dec 2nd but now on the same boat as I am asking for replacement... Seems that I need to be patient...

Last edited by starjedi; 12-18-2014 at 10:53 AM.
12-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #384
Veteran Member

Off topic, but every time I come here, the more fitting it seems that photo is for this thread.
Hope that scowling face turns to smiles for everyone waiting on their items.
12-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #385
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Off topic, but every time I come here, the more fitting it seems that photo is for this thread.
Hope that scowling face turns to smiles for everyone waiting on their items.
I think so. I indeed feel that their custom service is very nice despite of the issues in order side. And more importantly, the lens, FA 31mm, indeed a great lens!
12-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #386
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
I got fa 31mm at Dec 2nd but now on the same boat as I am asking for replacement... Seems that I need to be patient...
I've seen that too, replacement needed, a couple times. Makes me wonder if there's a system in place - Pentax keeps all returned, "like new" lenses throughout the year, then sells them again at blowout prices via the pentaxwebstore. Some people won't notice whatever flaw (if any) the lens was returned for. Win win for Pentax and the customer if there really is nothing wrong with it, but like your decentering issue, some guys get burned and have to wait for a real, brand new one in replacement.

I did say I was cynical.
12-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #387

I did have a conversation with customer support today concerning the backordered 31mm. It turns out that mid January is indeed the likely arrival time. It would have been nice to have the lens by Christmas time, but I'm glad I wasn't counting on it. I will be happy when and if I receive the new lens at the sale price. Fingers crossed.
12-20-2014, 12:33 AM   #388
Veteran Member

My order from 11/27/2014 for the DA 55-300 mm WR is still showing Backordered. Holy batman. Pentax Web Store...never again....
12-20-2014, 01:05 AM   #389
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
My order from 11/27/2014 for the DA 55-300 mm WR is still showing Backordered. Holy batman. Pentax Web Store...never again....
Sorry to hear that. I ordered the 55-300 WR the same day (11/27), early afternoon. It shipped on the 28th and I received it on Dec 2nd. Hope they get it out soon for you.
12-20-2014, 05:14 AM   #390
rjp

Called yesterday to check the status of my order. Was previously told they expected a shipment on the 17th, but that wasn't for certain.

Now told expect two to three weeks. Oh well. I fall into the camp that I'm not in an urgent need and I'll be happy to actually finally get it at such a great price even if it means having to wait and be patient.

Now I hope it doesn't actually get shipped until into January so it falls into the following months billing cycle!