Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,620
12-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #406
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Guess who has a friend who is a VP at Coca-Cola (I live in Coke HQ-Land)? Guess who will be calling him on Monday to let him know about the bad PR that this 3D promotion is bringing to Coke? Small US Companies need to really, really, really step up their game and this sort of stuff is happening more, not less, lately.
Hah Hah!!

The credentialed elite often have no idea who the 'little people' under their heels might know - or be!!

12-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #407
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Hah Hah!!

The credentialed elite often have no idea who the 'little people' under their heels might know - or be!!
Yes, the Robotics organization is nearly 100% volunteers. Many are higher level tech types that coach at the level of our team. The other coach on our team is a VP for Tech Dev at an international cloud storage company. Small 3D Printer company played fast and loose with the wrong group of volunteers I think. Disappointing kids at Christmas time doesn't play well with the PR types.......
12-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #408
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Nevertheless, holding good orders in the expectation they will be filled with 'Christmas returns' is craven beyond my capacity to believe.

While it's highly unlikely that's the "expectation" they have, you can bet your bottom dollar at least SOME of the fulfilled back-orders will indeed be from returns. I, for one, am hoping I'm far enough down the fulfillment list that my lens comes from the boat and not the RMA pile.
12-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #409
Veteran Member

This just in via email from the Pentaxwebstore, now let's see I ordered on 11/27 and today is 12/20 so that means that it took them exactly 23 days to let me know that they have absolutely no idea when they will be able to fulfill my order :

Dear Customer:
Re: Order Number K1815.........

Due to an unusually large response, we are temporarily out of stock
of the item(s) you ordered. Additional quantities are on order and
we expect them soon. Your order will receive priority upon receipt
in the warehouse, and we expect to be able to ship order within 30
days or sooner. We are very sorry for the delay and assure you that
we are making every effort to expedite your order.

If you wish to cancel your order, please call us at 1-800-243-8633,
or e-mail us at the address listed above. We believe the wait will
be worthwhile, but of course the choice is yours.

Sincerely,
Customer Service

12-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #410
Veteran Member

This just in via email from the Pentaxwebstore, now let's see I ordered on 11/27 and today is 12/20 so that means that it took them exactly 23 days to let me know that they have absolutely no idea when they will be able to fulfill my order :

Dear Customer:
Re: Order Number K1815.........

Due to an unusually large response, we are temporarily out of stock
of the item(s) you ordered. Additional quantities are on order and
we expect them soon. Your order will receive priority upon receipt
in the warehouse, and we expect to be able to ship order within 30
days or sooner. We are very sorry for the delay and assure you that
we are making every effort to expedite your order.

If you wish to cancel your order, please call us at 1-800-243-8633,
or e-mail us at the address listed above. We believe the wait will
be worthwhile, but of course the choice is yours.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
FA 31mm?
12-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #411
Forum Member

Got the same one about my 55-300. Wonder if this thread had something to do with it...
12-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #412
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
While it's highly unlikely that's the "expectation" they have, you can bet your bottom dollar at least SOME of the fulfilled back-orders will indeed be from returns. I, for one, am hoping I'm far enough down the fulfillment list that my lens comes from the boat and not the RMA pile.
I indeed returned my copy due to decentering. I do not care whether my new copy will be in RMA line or new but if it suffers from quality issues, I will ask for returning again. I am zero tolerance to quality issue even if the process will expand one year long.

12-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #413
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
fa 31mm?
55-300.
12-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #414
Banned

This just in via email from the Pentaxwebstore
QuoteOriginally posted by gt6plus Quote
Got the same one about my 55-300. Wonder if this thread had something to do with it...

Did you guys inquire, or did it come automatically from them. I've heard nothing from them since they told me they expected a shipment on the 17th a couple weeks ago.
12-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #415
Forum Member

Honestly, I haven't inquired since I got my payment problem squared away in early December.
12-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #416
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
Did you guys inquire, or did it come automatically from them. I've heard nothing from them since they told me they expected a shipment on the 17th a couple weeks ago.
Out-of-the-blue email this evening.
12-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #417
Veteran Member

Out-of-the-blue email this evening.
Shipped?
12-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #418
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Shipped?
No, they sent me the email telling me what we already know - that they don't have the 55-300WR in stock, have absolutely no idea when it will arrive, and want folks to consider cancelling their purchases at such a low price.
12-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #419
Veteran Member

No, they sent me the email telling me what we already know - that they don't have the 55-300WR in stock, have absolutely no idea when it will arrive, and want folks to consider cancelling their purchases at such a low price.
I got the same e-mail today.. I also ordered the 55-300mm WR. I do find the last sentence to be interesting.... I don't know if anybody remembers the SAW movies but......... "The choice is yours."

What are we going to have to cut off our foot to get what we ordered?

To be honest, I am considering cancelling... I do want this lens and this was a great price, however considering that disaster of a transaction, and how it actually Does seem like they're waiting for Xmas returns to fulfill these orders and they seem to not want to honor their own prices, I just feel like this may not be worth it anymore.

Adorama is selling the lens right now for $346.95 + 4% Rewards + Free expedited shipping + free 3 year new leaf warranty. All things considered it's just a few bucks more than the Pentax Webstore deal. And we wouldn't have to wait 2 months to get the lens.
12-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #420
Banned

No word from them yet here. I too am waiting on the 55 - 300. Like shaX 07, I'm growing a little weary of the delays and starting to wonder if I should just cut bait and go fish somewhere else! The price is nice, but a possible 2 month wait for delivery is a bit absurd!