Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,430
12-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #421
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also ordered 55-300 (on 11-28). Did not receive email today. I did call PWS on 12/17 and they told me "system is down" so no info was available for me at all. I requested a call back and was told that a call back may or may not happen, and that she would "try". No call. Did receive email later that day. Email stated "Unfortunately your order is still back ordered at this time. We expect to receive the merchandise into stock on or around 12/19/2014. Once your order has shipped you will receive confirmation via email". I have had no further correspondence from them since.

Last edited by PKMike; 12-20-2014 at 10:19 PM. Reason: correct order date
12-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #422

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
Did you guys inquire, or did it come automatically from them. I've heard nothing from them since they told me they expected a shipment on the 17th a couple weeks ago.

Same here. No word. On the other hand I never got any email acknowledgement that I placed an order in the first place.
12-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #423
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by allexinwonderland Quote
Same here. No word. On the other hand I never got any email acknowledgement that I placed an order in the first place.

You may want to check that your order even went through, I got confirmation soon after placing my order.
12-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #424
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I seriously doubt they cannot obtain those lenses from Ricoh within 10 days. They should be in stock at warehouses at several locations in the world. It's a higher volume consumer-grade product - not an FA Limited.

I suspect once again they accepted more orders than they had stock on-hand to fill. Now they can't get stock at the deal pricing and will lose money (maybe quite a bit of money) if the fill the orders. As a consequence they just refuse to fulfill the orders. They'll wait you out because they can - and they'll blame the delay on Ricoh, which is really strange, considering Ricoh is their customer, also.

Hedge Fund behavior - heads I win, tails you lose.

12-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #425

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
You may want to check that your order even went through, I got confirmation soon after placing my order.

Got my emails that they couldn't verify my card and spoke with them a couple of times. Went through fine. Just hoping it ships when there will be someone in the office to take the package. Not expecting the shipment notification they assure me I will get.
12-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #426
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I seriously doubt they cannot obtain those lenses from Ricoh within 10 days. They should be in stock at warehouses at several locations in the world. It's a higher volume consumer-grade product - not an FA Limited.

I suspect once again they accepted more orders than they had stock on-hand to fill. Now they can't get stock at the deal pricing and will lose money (maybe quite a bit of money) if the fill the orders. As a consequence they just refuse to fulfill the orders. They'll wait you out because they can - and they'll blame the delay on Ricoh, which is really strange, considering Ricoh is their customer, also.

Hedge Fund behavior - heads I win, tails you lose.
I think you're right on every particular. Another instance of Pentax USA not following through on something that undercuts their recent efforts to improve the status of their brand. This is a common issue with the "Official" Pentax webstore, so it really is an indicator to me that Pentax USA doesn't really care.
12-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #427
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I think you're right on every particular. Another instance of Pentax USA not following through on something that undercuts their recent efforts to improve the status of their brand. This is a common issue with the "Official" Pentax webstore, so it really is an indicator to me that Pentax USA doesn't really care.
That's the part that doesn't make sense. I just refuse to believe Brian McIntosh doesn't care. There has to be something we can't see making this the best bad choice they have.

12-21-2014, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #428
Pentaxian

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the PWS that many of you have experienced.

Since discussions in SDM threads often point out that only dissatisfied customers bother to post,
I'd like to offer my more positive experience here (already posted as a response in a Q thread):

I ordered the Q7+02 zoom kit on BF for under $200, with free shipping.
It was sent out in timely fashion, with a correct charge to my card.

The only glitch was due to the guys in brown:
"We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility.
This may cause at least one business day delay."

The kit is great to use:

12-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #429
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
That's the part that doesn't make sense. I just refuse to believe Brian McIntosh doesn't care. There has to be something we can't see making this the best bad choice they have.
If you know him then perhaps you're right. They talk about building the brand but EVERY time there is an interaction with Pentax Webstore there is some negative fallout for Pentax USA in my experience. This goes all the way back, for me, to my initial purchase and asking them for a -3 diopter for the viewfinder and them telling a lie that they were not made. I did get one from Pentax USA because I shamed them into doing something by going public but there are countless instances of the "Official" webstore being a drag on the brand over the past 4-5 years.
12-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #430
Pentaxian

As the price for the free shipping on my Q7 kit, I had to allow e-mail.

Anyway, they've just informed me that they're now on ShopRunner.
Let's see if there's any improvement in the service.
12-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #431
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
As the price for the free shipping on my Q7 kit, I had to allow e-mail.

Anyway, they've just informed me that they're now on ShopRunner.
Let's see if there's any improvement in the service.
Just got that email too.
I thought it might have finally changed hands because of all of the complaints, but I guess it's still operated by the same company.

"PentaxWebstore.com
20 Constitution Blvd. South
Shelton, CT 06484
PentaxWebstore.com is operated by BrandShop."

"Announcing: PentaxWebstore.com is now on ShopRunner!"

Disclaimer:

*Free 2-day shipping available for ShopRunner members only. Sign up link is available on the product page. All eligible items will be marked with the ShopRunner symbol. Orders must be placed by 2 p.m. EST on Monday, December 22, 2014 to ensure Christmas delivery. Other restrictions may apply.

Last edited by Douge; 12-21-2014 at 10:48 AM.
12-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #432

I have the 55-300 on order, I have yet to get anything beyond the initial confirmation email after ordering (was charged the correct amount on a hold charge to my CC). As for whether or not they are holding old for returns so they can reship them I'm not sure but I do know I have a 35 prime on order from Adorama which is on back order for a few weeks now with no ship date in sight, so perhaps there is an inventory problem in general rather than Webstore conspiracy.
12-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #433
mee
Veteran Member

What is the point of having a direct store? Why not simply let B&H, Adorama, and the like sell for you? They have the support staff and the shipping/warehouse infrastructure already in place. Outside of refurbs, what is the point?
12-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #434
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
What is the point of having a direct store? Why not simply let B&H, Adorama, and the like sell for you? They have the support staff and the shipping/warehouse infrastructure already in place. Outside of refurbs, what is the point?
If managed properly, it can give them a small level of control over the market.
12-21-2014, 11:25 PM   #435
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Q

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
In theory they should carry replacement parts and specialty items B&H or Adorama may not carry because of the limited market. I'm not saying that's the case, but that's one reason to have a brand store.

I received an email they have canceled my order of 55-300 WR and Q7....Really annoyed I should have learned my lesson the first time.