Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,600
12-31-2014, 10:17 PM   #481
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I called PWS today to check on status of order (55-300HD). I was told ETA 2-3 weeks.

12-31-2014, 11:38 PM   #482
mee
Veteran Member

Hope you get your lenses before CP+
01-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #483
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Hope you get your lenses before CP+
The latest reply I got today is that the FA 31mm will be shipped within two weeks... Another two weeks...
01-03-2015, 07:03 AM   #484
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
The latest reply I got today is that the FA 31mm will be shipped within two weeks... Another two weeks...

Hmmmm, they keep saying "two weeks", their site says "ships within 10 business days" (two weeks). Coincidence??? You be the judge!

Been down this road before, won't believe a thing they say until I get a shipping confirmation email.

Didn't some big wig from Ricoh say they were going to look into this debacle of a web store? Whatever happened with that I wonder?

01-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #485

Photos: Gallery
Early onset Type FA LBA?

Impatient because of the indefinate wait on the 31mm, I decided to order the 77mm from B&H and cancel my order from the webstore. The problem: my hand trembles when it hovers above the cancel button. I have not been able to do it, and I will be on the hook for both these lenses if the webstore ever gets it together and ships them out. It's tough passing on the opportunity to pick up the 31mm at this price. At this point three or four more ten day waiting periods would help me to better absorb the cost.

Christ help me.
01-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #486
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FYI

The US Pentax Web Store is operated by “BrandShop", so there is nothing "official" about it:

BrandShop | Branded Digital Commerce

The real "official" online store that sells Pentax gear is operated by Ricoh in Japan:

??? | RICOH IMAGING

Phil.
01-03-2015, 10:57 AM - 1 Like   #487
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
FYI

The US Pentax Web Store is operated by “BrandShop", so there is nothing "official" about it:

BrandShop | Branded Digital Commerce

The real "official" online store that sells Pentax gear is operated by Ricoh in Japan:

??? | RICOH IMAGING

Phil.
It IS The Official Pentax Webstore in the US, its contracted by Pentax US to operate as such.

01-03-2015, 11:21 AM   #488
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes this site may have a license/contract to advertise themselves as the official Pentax web store in the US, but that is not the same as a Ricoh operated web store.

“The BrandShop” that does operate the US website is not owned or controlled by Ricoh, so they are just a Pentax retailer like B&H.

Phil.
01-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #489
Banned

Yes this site may have a license/contract to advertise themselves as the official Pentax web store in the US, but that is not the same as a Ricoh operated web store.

“The BrandShop” that does operate the US website is not owned or controlled by Ricoh, so they are just a Pentax retailer like B&H.

Phil.

Go to Pentax / Ricoh USA, look up a lens, click "buy now", see where it sends you!

Up until just recently, "BrandShop" was known as "SureSource", always fishy when on-line retailers change names. Check out SureSource on the BBB Site and you'll see they have a history of delivery (or lack thereof) complaints!
01-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #490

As long as Ricoh / Pentax licenses their name and brand to whatever outside entity, they are responsible for whatever shennanigans ensue. It is insanity that they should continue to operate this way.
01-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #491
Veteran Member

Phil.
Quibble. Period. No they are NOT just another retailer, they ARE the OFFICIAL webstore and as such represent Pentax, unlike Adorama or B&H. Done.
01-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #492

As much as I would like to defend Pentax, they have put their name on this. Docrwm is exactly right.

If Ricoh does not have the power to fix this, they should discontinue their relationship with Brandshop. Until they do they are 100% complicit and responsible- if not legally then certainly in the eyes of the consumer, which is what really counts.
01-03-2015, 08:42 PM   #493
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

BrandShop operates under the same Dealer Agreement as any other Dealer. They make buying and inventory decisions independtly of RIAC. Their employee, service, billing, internal control and general business policies are thiers, not that of RIAC

As the official on-line retail outlet of Ricoh Imaging Americas the 'Store' has Pentax painted over the door, which also makes this the official Pentax store in North America. I've never tried to buy from Ricoh Japan, but I don't think they'll ship to the USA.

Let's assume that RIAC simply cannot afford to operate its own webstore. It is simply too expensive to do that. Does anyone have a suggestion of another company Ricoh could contract with that offers a similar service with better results until they've rebuilt volume to a level that justifies bringing this operation back in house?
01-03-2015, 09:08 PM - 1 Like   #494
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
BrandShop operates under the same Dealer Agreement as any other Dealer. They make buying and inventory decisions independtly of RIAC. Their employee, service, billing, internal control and general business policies are thiers, not that of RIAC

As the official on-line retail outlet of Ricoh Imaging Americas the 'Store' has Pentax painted over the door, which also makes this the official Pentax store in North America. I've never tried to buy from Ricoh Japan, but I don't think they'll ship to the USA.

Let's assume that RIAC simply cannot afford to operate its own webstore. It is simply too expensive to do that. Does anyone have a suggestion of another company Ricoh could contract with that offers a similar service with better results until they've rebuilt volume to a level that justifies bringing this operation back in house?
No they do not operate as any other dealer. They are a dealer, but - and its a Big one - they operate In The Name of Pentax. No other dealer does so. They are the official Pentax US outlet. Contractor or not they are more than merely an Authorized Dealer. Pentax US's site points you to them, they are a subcobtractor who stands in Pentax US's stead and as such represent them. B&H messes up and its on them as a company. Pentax Webstore messes up and its on Pentax US - again, Big difference.

I tire of this, its not a hard concept at all. Pentax Webstore is the OFFICIAL web sales arm of Pentax US.
01-03-2015, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #495
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
BrandShop operates under the same Dealer Agreement as any other Dealer

I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong. You don't become the "Official" anything of anything (insert your own product / company) without promising sales and/or service above and beyond the average retailer, this is why Pentax USA steers their business there! BrandSmart/SureSource is surely on the inside track as far as stock replenishment goes, UNLESS they're somehow in default of their agreement with Ricoh. As I stated earlier, something is fishy when on-line retailers start changing their name. B+H and Adorama carry ALL manufacturers of camera gear, so I'm guessing since Pentax is a smaller percentage of their sales, the amount of warehouse space allotted to Pentax is smaller as well, yet they don't seem to suffer the same inventory problems as the webstore. You are right about one thing, Ricoh has no interest in running a retail operation, it's just not that profitable, better to contract that part of the business out. Ricoh likely inherited the webstore deal from Hoya / Pentax, so they may not be to blame for this mess, but I suspect they're not getting what they're paying for!