Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,440
01-07-2015, 04:26 PM   #541

Got my 55-300HD today. Have not tried it out yet, but looks brand new, factory packed. If the image quality is there, then heck of a deal and worth the wait.

01-07-2015, 08:27 PM   #542
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
Sweet picS.Confirms my doubts.

Not saying these aren't new, but if I may play devil's advocate for a moment....

Those pics prove nothing! You would likely never know if it were a return unless the serial # was already registered. While it's surely possible, perhaps even probable, they don't have the facilities to repack returns themselves, the opposite is also true. A bundle of unmade boxes and packing material (you'll notice ALL the cardboard folds flat, packs of say 50 wouldn't take up a whole lot of space) and some plastic baggies (all items pretty much available to all resellers from ANY manufacturer) are all you need to make it look like it's never been opened before. The dealer actually telling you whether or not you'll get a possible return? Not very likely.

Again, not saying these were returns, but don't be fooled by appearances. Until you actually work in any industry, you really have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!
01-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #543
rjp

As to whether the dealer actually tells you whether you are getting a new or return, I specifically asked that and was told the only sell new.

Now whether that is actually the truth....

I'll just look closely to see if there is a seal which has to be broken in order to open the box and try to determine if it was tampered with. Unless they stock boxes and seals, that is probably the only way to detect if it's a return.

In any case, the proof is in the pudding and it seems checking out its performance is what matters. It could be new and a bad copy that should be returned.

I'm more concerned at this point to get my cc credited to get the sale price.
01-08-2015, 05:26 AM   #544
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by rjp Quote
In any case, the proof is in the pudding and it seems checking out its performance is what matters.

That's it in a nutshell!

Many returns are the result of "buyers remorse" or the item just isn't what they expected, not necessarily defective. The returns dept.'s job is to sort the bad from the good. The bad goes back to the vendor, the good go back into stock. Original packaging, including package seals, is available (in most cases) for that purpose. Returns eat into profits, repacking / reselling helps ease that loss. Reputable sellers WON'T resell (as new) defective / otherwise not pristine merchandise that lesser sellers would. Where the PWS stands on the reputation scale is debatable, but in my eyes, their history of order / delivery snafu's places them pretty low!

01-08-2015, 05:46 AM   #545
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
If its as sharp as my DAL 55-300 its a very solid value at that price. The 55-300 doesn't get the respect that it deserves IMHO.
True - the 55-300 isn't a "point & shoot" lens - with some practice and proper technique it can provide outstanding results.

QuoteOriginally posted by rjp Quote
I'll just look closely to see if there is a seal which has to be broken in order to open the box and try to determine if it was tampered with. Unless they stock boxes and seals, that is probably the only way to detect if it's a return.
Pentax does not have seals on their boxes or packaging.
01-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #546

Photos: Gallery
It's great to see people receiving their items. Thanks for the pics of the merchandise! It's interesting that the status of my order changed to "CC in Warehouse declined" just before I recieved shipping confirmation and a tracking number. I called customer service and was assured that all is well and I should have the FA 31mm by Tuesday... Hopefully we're nearing the end of this odyssey!
01-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #547
Veteran Member

Yeah there were no seals within my lens packaging, and it appears in general Pentax lenses do not have any. The box was merely closed shut. The plastic bag housing the bag with the lens is a non sealed plastic bag and the lens itself inside of the black case was in a bag that was also not sealed. Sure it is entirely possible that someone else touched this lens before, but it didn't appear that way to me. The box was in pristine shape. The bags didn't have any tears or wrinkles. When I took the lens out to examine, I saw no fingerprints or marks or anything at all that looked like it'd been touched. when I packaged it back up, it sure didn't look as neat as it did when I started.

So to me, it looks and feels brand new, so really what IS the difference? I'm going to attach the lens to my camera tonight and take it for a spin... but if that goes well than I have no reason to be anything other than happy. I got this lens for $258.62 and if someone wanted one right now, they'd have to pay $446 at B&H, Adorama (or a little less than that from some scrupulous third party sellers on Amazon) , so i've got nothing to complain about.

01-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #548
rjp

Well I've got to wait now, ups delivery delayed "due to weather".

The way this whole experience has gone, my luck would be the ups truck was in an accident which spilled packages all over the road.

I suppose I'll have to look for evidence of road salt on the outside of the box when I get it
01-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #549
Veteran Member

Despite having a tracking number by email that says it will be here tomorrow the Official Pentax Webstore interface says its in the warehouse and my card hasn't been charged (yet my CC company has the charge and its the correct amount). Wow. Just wow.
01-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #550
Veteran Member

At the amount paid i.e. US$258 this lens indeed looks like a steal. Heck that price beats even used lens prices in the marketplace ;-)
01-08-2015, 12:38 PM   #551
Veteran Member

Despite having a tracking number by email that says it will be here tomorrow the Official Pentax Webstore interface says its in the warehouse and my card hasn't been charged (yet my CC company has the charge and its the correct amount). Wow. Just wow.
Yeah my lens has been delivered, and the order on the Pentax WebStore says: "In Warehouse".

Maybe they will ship me another one in that case, and not charge me again. I accept that
01-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #552
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
Yeah my lens has been delivered, and the order on the Pentax WebStore says: "In Warehouse".

Maybe they will ship me another one in that case, and not charge me again. I accept that
After all this it seems the least they could do
01-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #553
Banned

My lens was to be delivered today (UPS SurePost), wasn't home, so it waits for me at the post office. PWS says "in warehouse" as well, CC charged today at the correct amount. Like I said, at PWS, the left hand (ordering/customer service dept.) doesn't know what the right hand (warehouse) is doing!

This was my first, and undoubtedly my last order from The Pentax Webstore!
01-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #554

HD 55-300 Shipped - but wrong charge on credit card

Hi,
I received notice that the HD 55-300 had shipped (and am now awaiting receipt), but when I checked my AMEX card, it showed a charge for the regular price ($462.90). I called, talked to customer service, and was told that they had a glitch in their system, where if you checked on the status of your order while waiting for it to be shipped, it defaulted into the existing price. She checked the order online and indicated that they would post me a credit for the difference (approximately $192.00, I believe).
01-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #555
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woden2 Quote
Hi,
I received notice that the HD 55-300 had shipped (and am now awaiting receipt), but when I checked my AMEX card, it showed a charge for the regular price ($462.90). I called, talked to customer service, and was told that they had a glitch in their system, where if you checked on the status of your order while waiting for it to be shipped, it defaulted into the existing price. She checked the order online and indicated that they would post me a credit for the difference (approximately $192.00, I believe).
They tell the most interesting stories. I have had the right price listed from the beginning. I called when they back ordered it and made it clear that I knew what the right price was and would monitor it. Never had it change and my CC company had the correct price held for 30 days and then charged earlier this week.