Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax web store sales
Posted By: Homo_erectus, 11-27-2014, 11:41 AM

The Pentax web store has some great sales today. Official Pentax Online Store | Pentax Digital Cameras | Pentax Webstore

The FA 31mm Limited is on sale for 773! smcP FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Black) | Pentax Webstore

The D-FA 50mm Macro is 303. smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax Webstore

There are a lot of other lenses on sale as well although the price cuts are not quite as high generally.

I just ordered the 31mm :-)
Views: 59,603
01-09-2015, 06:31 PM   #556
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My 55-300WR arrived today and appears to be BNIB and in good shape. I have only taken a couple photos with it but everything seems good to go.

01-09-2015, 08:09 PM   #557
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
Yeah there were no seals within my lens packaging, and it appears in general Pentax lenses do not have any. The box was merely closed shut. The plastic bag housing the bag with the lens is a non sealed plastic bag and the lens itself inside of the black case was in a bag that was also not sealed. Sure it is entirely possible that someone else touched this lens before, but it didn't appear that way to me. The box was in pristine shape. The bags didn't have any tears or wrinkles. When I took the lens out to examine, I saw no fingerprints or marks or anything at all that looked like it'd been touched. when I packaged it back up, it sure didn't look as neat as it did when I started.

So to me, it looks and feels brand new, so really what IS the difference? I'm going to attach the lens to my camera tonight and take it for a spin... but if that goes well than I have no reason to be anything other than happy. I got this lens for $258.62 and if someone wanted one right now, they'd have to pay $446 at B&H, Adorama (or a little less than that from some scrupulous third party sellers on Amazon) , so i've got nothing to complain about.
That is how they are normally boxed, sounds good!
01-10-2015, 06:52 AM   #558
Banned

Got my 55-300 WR yesterday as well, it too seems to be BNIB and a quick check shows all is well with optics. Glad my PWS experience is over with!
01-10-2015, 05:28 PM   #559

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
Got my 55-300 WR yesterday as well, it too seems to be BNIB and a quick check shows all is well with optics. Glad my PWS experience is over with!
At least for this year! There's always next Black Friday!

01-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #560
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by greenlight2001 Quote
At least for this year! There's always next Black Friday!

Yeahhhhh, I don't think so. Unless they have a BOGO Event (even then I'll think twice if it's still run by Brand Smart / SureSource), my money's going somewhere else!
01-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #561
Veteran Member

Ditto with me. I think I am done with SureSource LLC for sure. BhPhoto is Million times better in every way.
Eagerly awaiting delivery of my 55-300 lens next week. Fingers crossed.
01-12-2015, 07:43 AM   #562
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My wife surprised me with a gift! I was waiting on the Pentax web store without even knowing it, so I expressed my delivery-delay rage retroactively by USING the lens (the WR 55-300mm). Ha! That will show them! Oh, this is one of the first pictures I took with it. Slight crop. This little fellow posed for me about ten feet away.

Last edited by Wolfeye; 01-12-2015 at 09:58 AM.
01-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #563
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
My wife surprised me with a gift! I was waiting on the Pentax web store without even knowing it, so I expressed my delivery-delay rage retroactively by USING the lens (the WR 55-300mm). Ha! That will show them! Oh, this is one of the first pictures I took with it. Slight crop. This little fellow posed for me about ten feet away.

I like your birding spot using an old tripod!

My 55-300 shipped last week and I was charged with the right amount. I was surprised to see that I was charged tax though, as this was not indicated on my first invoice after purchase back in November.
Was everyone else charged tax? My lens was sent to my sisters in NY where it will stay until my next visit.
01-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #564
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gt6plus Quote
I like your birding spot using an old tripod!

My 55-300 shipped last week and I was charged with the right amount. I was surprised to see that I was charged tax though, as this was not indicated on my first invoice after purchase back in November.
Was everyone else charged tax? My lens was sent to my sisters in NY where it will stay until my next visit.
I shipped to NJ withou tax.
01-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #565
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Good shot. I would apply a bit of sharpening to the bird's image in PS and boost colors a bit.
Not because of my liking but to make it more attractive to the general public.
imho.
01-12-2015, 11:50 PM   #566
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On 01/06/15 I got confirmation that my order was shipped. I am still waiting for the lens to arrive. Tracking # indicates I will receive by end of day on 01/15/15. Oddly I was told that my satisfaction was important to them. Waiting another 9 days is not satisfying me very much, especially when I could have received it much sooner with very little additional cost to PWS. Had they taken the opportunity to speed up the shipping process it may have helped me believe that they care somewhat about customer satisfaction.
01-13-2015, 04:45 AM   #567
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PKMike Quote
On 01/06/15 I got confirmation that my order was shipped. I am still waiting for the lens to arrive. Tracking # indicates I will receive by end of day on 01/15/15. Oddly I was told that my satisfaction was important to them. Waiting another 9 days is not satisfying me very much, especially when I could have received it much sooner with very little additional cost to PWS. Had they taken the opportunity to speed up the shipping process it may have helped me believe that they care somewhat about customer satisfaction.
Where are you located? They're shipping from Connecticut.
01-13-2015, 04:59 AM   #568

Photos: Albums
Yea im in the same boat. Ups ground takes about 6 business days it seems, pretty lame. Usps ground seems to me to be about twice as fast, plus I know about when they will come. I wouldn't imagine it could be that much of a difference in price. My tracking stopped working but in three business days the lens stopped in about six diffrent places.

---------- Post added 01-13-15 at 04:08 AM ----------

I wonder how much cheaper they were able to ship it for than 10.95.
01-13-2015, 05:17 AM   #569
Banned

Free shipping is always whatever is cheapest, thus, also slowest! My order was shipped via UPS SurePost, meaning UPS carries it to your area, then gives it to the Post Office to deliver. This adds at least 1 day to the delivery time. I'm in Mass., had it been shipped only UPS I would have had my lens the next day, SurePost delivery time was THREE days!
01-13-2015, 06:11 AM   #570

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
Free shipping is always whatever is cheapest, thus, also slowest! My order was shipped via UPS SurePost, meaning UPS carries it to your area, then gives it to the Post Office to deliver. This adds at least 1 day to the delivery time. I'm in Mass., had it been shipped only UPS I would have had my lens the next day, SurePost delivery time was THREE days!

Where on your tracking are you able to see that it is SurePost? I've had deliveries through this method before but I don't see anything to indicate this is one of them. Tracking says it is on time to be delivered today but based on where and when it left last I'm not so sure. It would make sense if it were to be delivered to the post office today instead. Times listed are local right? Yeah no way it will actually arrive today.