Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Well not quite everything is on sale - no 1.4xTC
Posted By: interested_observer, 11-27-2014, 03:35 PM

In looking over the sales (even at the Pentax Store) - no 1.4x TeleConverter. Still expensive as ever. Well, it can wait - for another time. Probably, just as well. The 60-250 is the important item. Also sneaking the K5IIs in under the cloak of darkness.....

Views: 948
11-27-2014, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, it is on sale
Pentax 1.4x HD PENTAX-DA AF Rear Converter AW for K-Mount 37962

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have been watching it off and on, over the last couple of months. Depending on the site - B&H, Adorama, Amazon, Beach, etc. - the price has been all over the place - be it in a pretty narrow band, $599, 596, 579, 569, 559 and I thought that I had come across the 549 price ($50 instant savings) previously. Granted that $50 off providing about an 8% off sale price is better than 0. I was just somewhat expecting something a bit more generous for the holidays, especially with the glass that it is essentially paired with is running a bit over 20% off.

11-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I have been watching it off and on, over the last couple of months. Depending on the site - B&H, Adorama, Amazon, Beach, etc. - the price has been all over the place - be it in a pretty narrow band, $599, 596, 579, 569, 559 and I thought that I had come across the 549 price ($50 instant savings) previously. Granted that $50 off providing about an 8% off sale price is better than 0. I was just somewhat expecting something a bit more generous for the holidays, especially with the glass that it is essentially paired with is running a bit over 20% off.

Well, I bought it today for $549 as there is no other option. I do feel that Ricoh is milking us a little too much considering that even at $549 the little TC cost more than a bunch of Pentax lenses that are more complicated, cost more to manufacture and use more glass, metal and plastic... But they have us cause they're the only game in town. Still.... they did manufacture it after we all demanded it for years and it really is a good product.

11-27-2014, 10:47 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
Well, I bought it today for $549 as there is no other option. I do feel that Ricoh is milking us a little too much considering that even at $549 the little TC cost more than a bunch of Pentax lenses that are more complicated, cost more to manufacture and use more glass, metal and plastic... But they have us cause they're the only game in town. Still.... they did manufacture it after we all demanded it for years and it really is a good product.
I was ready to purchase in order to lock in a good price. I can easily get along with just 250mm , an additional 40% in length would be nice. Without a reasonable discount, I feel no real urge to run out and purchase it. It has some really nice functionality - I can't complain at all. I can wait - at least for a while. I just read that down in Oz, the distributor put everything on sale with a 15% discount - to match US prices tomorrow (which is right now down under) - which brings the TC down to ~$465 US, but then there is shipping which would eat up the savings. This is my most expensive week in Pentax - ever. But, I have been planing this lens change over for quite a while (well since my eye doctor told me my MF days are over) - and was waiting for the sales.

11-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I was ready to purchase in order to lock in a good price. I can easily get along with just 250mm , an additional 40% in length would be nice. Without a reasonable discount, I feel no real urge to run out and purchase it. It has some really nice functionality - I can't complain at all. I can wait - at least for a while. I just read that down in Oz, the distributor put everything on sale with a 15% discount - to match US prices tomorrow (which is right now down under) - which brings the TC down to ~$465 US, but then there is shipping which would eat up the savings. This is my most expensive week in Pentax - ever. But, I have been planing this lens change over for quite a while (well since my eye doctor told me my MF days are over) - and was waiting for the sales.

Ah... the DA 60 to 250.... that's my dilemma for next years Black Friday purchase. Whether to buy the DA 60 to 250 or the DA 50 to 135.... My problem is that I want the most expensive lenses but I have a beer budget so I have to wait for the big sales and save my money. I fear that at my age I also am past the manual focus stage. I hope not because I have five thread mount Super Takumars that I purchased new a very long time ago and I'd like to try them out on the K3 just for fun. ;-)