Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Red River Paper & Greeting Card Savings
Posted By: Adam, 12-05-2014, 12:16 PM

Red River Paper, sponsor of our photo contest, is currently running a sale on their photo paper and greeting card kits:

If you do a lot of printing at home, they also have many kinds of specialized photo paper.

Use the coupon code pentaxrocks for $5 off.

Views: 944
12-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Red River paper is a pleasure to use and their prices very reasonable.Their Photo and Fine Art sampler is a great starting point. The Polar Pearl Metallic is phenomenal and transformed a few of my images to new levels.

M
12-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

I firmly believe every photographer owes it to themselves to print at least one of their favorite images on Polar Pearl Metallic. It is really just magical.
12-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
x3 on the Polar Metallic - quite amazing actually.

12-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #5
StR

I've been tempted to try their papers a few times, including the metallic one.
However, I've been disappointed by the sampler kit: They "cripple" those sampler kits:
Quote: "Sheets are labeled on the front lower right for easy identification. This leaves room for a full 8x10."

I don't have any use for 8"x10" at this moment, and cutting paper is not very practical in my current setup.
I like how atlex.com does the sampler kits: they label the sheets on the back, using a colored dot. This keeps the paper fully usable.
12-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StR Quote
I've been tempted to try their papers a few times, including the metallic one.
However, I've been disappointed by the sampler kit: They "cripple" those sampler kits:
Quote: "Sheets are labeled on the front lower right for easy identification. This leaves room for a full 8x10."

I don't have any use for 8"x10" at this moment, and cutting paper is not very practical in my current setup.
I like how atlex.com does the sampler kits: they label the sheets on the back, using a colored dot. This keeps the paper fully usable.
Did you actually try a sampler kit? Half of them don't have the text at all (kind of annoying actually, but understandable in some cases), and on the ones that do, it really is very tiny text - I used several of them at full 8.5x11 size, in frames, and the text is completely covered by the frame. (But I used one of each sheet as an actual paper sample -- I made a composite of a bunch of different photos and printed the same image to each type of paper so I'd have an idea how different types of images perform on different types of paper).

If you weren't satisfied that the frame would cover it, you can always use 8x10 mat paper. No reason to actually cut the paper.