Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  
Lens and Shutter, (BC, CANADA) Great deals on Pentax lenses and other stuff
Posted By: Weevil, 12-26-2014, 10:14 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

https://lensandshutter.com/search/content/pentax

Examples:
Many OEM batteries
TAMRON Tamron AF 90 mm f2.8 Di 1:1 Macro, Pentax mount : 204 CAD
PENTAX Pentax AF 540 FGZ Flash (BD) : 260 CAD
PENTAX Pentax-DA 18-55 mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR : 80 CAD
Pentax D-FA Macro 50 mm f2.8 : 200 CAD
PENTAX Pentax-DA 50 mm f1.8 96 CAD
METZ Metz 50 AF-1 Pentax : 104 CAD
Views: 7,058
12-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #31
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by traxino Quote
I cannot reach the site from the US. Is it down or is it still available from Canada?
Still here in Canada. I checked the BBB on them. They are not members but there have not been any complaints registered either. FWIW.

12-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lens and Shutter

Lens and Shutter has been around for as long as I can remember going back to at least the 1980's. They have new owners and I wish them all the best.

Apparently my order has shipped but then I am in the same geographic area as they operate and I ordered probably on Boxing Day.
12-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #33
Pentaxian

They have an outlet in Kelowna and I stop there whenever I am in town.

It seems they shipped something to me. I missed the 50mm macro, but hopefully a gimbal is coming.

Edit. Checked their site and the gimbal is coming along with a lens hood. Great.

They also have a pretty good price on a K3 body.

Last edited by derekkite; 12-30-2014 at 10:06 PM.
12-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #34
Veteran Member

FWIW, I ordered a 50/1.8, the day this thread started, and it's with Canada Post already...

12-31-2014, 08:36 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a tease for those of us non-Canadians!
12-31-2014, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
What a tease for those of us non-Canadians!
I'd say it's about time we get better deals than you guys
12-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #37
Forum Member

just got my ordered was cancelled. Pretty horrible experience to say the least. Will not be buying from then again or recommending them. At least try and do right buy your customers by trying to accommodate them. No flash and no lens piss poor service.

12-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #38
Inactive Account

Hi Bodson,

Again, our apologies. We would have much rather sold you the products you wanted.
There's certainly no profit in cancelling orders.

A question: If owing up to our mistake, notifying you asap of the issue and returning the funds to your credit card is not good service.. then what is?

Thanks,
Lens & Shutter

QuoteOriginally posted by bodson Quote
just got my ordered was cancelled. Pretty horrible experience to say the least. Will not be buying from then again or recommending them. At least try and do right buy your customers by trying to accommodate them. No flash and no lens piss poor service.

---------- Post added 12-31-14 at 05:25 PM ----------

Thank you Brian,

We truly are trying to make our online presence a leading class experience.
It's not an overnight fix but the process of upgrading software and our business processes is already in progress.

Watch for our next promo. We will do our best to make it up to you and everyone else.

Happy New Year!
Lens & Shutter

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Thanks for the response. You may also want to head reply over at [LensAndShutter.com] Photography equipment deals - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

This, for me, is also part of the disappointment because I'm rooting for the smaller Canadian camera stores to make a go at an online presence, especially the ones that stock Pentax products. The more available shops the better, so I hope you guys are able to make the changes necessary to prevent this sort of thing from happening again and still offer crazy clearance deals to the few lucky enough to nab them.

All the best
12-31-2014, 06:02 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was also a prospective buyer, but didn't jump to place my order immediately after seeing the 'Blue Dot' specials; I waited for a couple of days to mull over the purchase.

Upon ordering, I was aware of L&S's notice that "Due to current limitations with our systems we can not guarantee that all product information (stock and prices) is correct at all times." Odd, but fair enough, I thought.

Ultimately, my order was cancelled. Of course, I now realize that it would have been difficult - perhaps, impossible - to know which of the listed items was available or not. Perhaps my outcome would have been different had I jumped on the deal right away. Alternatively, my frustration would have been significantly reduced had the web site clearly indicated "limited quantity" or some such qualification for the item I ordered. It wasn't obvious to me that certain items were "clearance," limited in number, and meant to close out inventory.

IMO, the outreach made by Lens and Shutter in this forum is positive. I'm also glad to find this dealer handling Pentax products. Hopefully, the on-line system will be improved in the new year, and the 'blue dots' will continue to appear periodically.

An endnote for Lens and Shutter: you folks probably realize now that the Pentax community is hungry for good deals! We'll clear out your inventory given the chance.

Last edited by c.a.m; 12-31-2014 at 06:24 PM.
12-31-2014, 06:42 PM   #40
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lensandshutter Quote
Hi Bodson,

Again, our apologies. We would have much rather sold you the products you wanted.
There's certainly no profit in cancelling orders.

A question: If owing up to our mistake, notifying you asap of the issue and returning the funds to your credit card is not good service.. then what is?

Thanks,
Lens & Shutter

---------- Post added 12-31-14 at 05:25 PM ----------

Thank you Brian,

We truly are trying to make our online presence a leading class experience.
It's not an overnight fix but the process of upgrading software and our business processes is already in progress.

Watch for our next promo. We will do our best to make it up to you and everyone else.

Happy New Year!
Lens & Shutter
I may have been a bit to harsh in my disappointment with that comment. The cancellation is a huge disappointment when expecting a great lens for our passion wich is photography. Perhaps offer similar lens that you could oder and fufill the order when stock is available which is not uncommon in the online retail world. Even if you can't offer it at the same price try to make something happen. I think the fact is that I was excited to find a Canadian retailer offering great prices only to be let down was the hardest pill to swallow. Also perhaps that both my items were cancelled confused me as well since it doesn't state why it was cancelled or if only part of the order can't be fulfilled. I apologize for being a bit rude in my last comment and hope you are successful in getting your system in order.
12-31-2014, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #41
Veteran Member

Well on a positive note

Thank you Lens and Shutter I recieved my two lenses today, who knew Canada post was that fast! Apparently they went out yesterday and showed up today. They look great and I look forward to giving them a try.

I bought the DA 18-55 WR and DA 50 1.8 primarily for using with my K-01
01-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #42

Photos: Albums
Lensandshutter: thanks for making the aggressive jump into online retailing. Great to see small shops adapting to the new style of shopping. Great pricing translates into big volumes. You'll learn from this.

I'm down in Nelson and will be getting my moms new Metz soon. Would've been a sad moment to receive a cancellation.

Happy New Years!
01-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Almost link I have tried to click has said access denied. I suppose that means they are sold out of that item? Oh well snooze you loose.
01-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Quote
Lensandshutter: thanks for making the aggressive jump into online retailing. Great to see small shops adapting to the new style of shopping. Great pricing translates into big volumes. You'll learn from this.

I'm down in Nelson and will be getting my moms new Metz soon. Would've been a sad moment to receive a cancellation.

Happy New Years!
Another Pentax shooter in Nelson!
01-01-2015, 09:45 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Still works...

Pentax K 3 23 4 MP Digital SLR Camera Black Body Only | eBay