Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Screaming price ALERT ! K-3 $599....
Posted By: Dlanor Sekao, 01-01-2015, 05:05 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Here is your chance boys and girls......$599 shipped for a K3 with 2 yr warranty.
link..... Pentax K 3 23 4 MP Digital SLR Camera Black Body Only | eBay
At this price I may just grab another one ! What is Pentax doing ???
I paid more than this a year ago for K30 kit ! ???

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-01-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Views: 11,108
01-02-2015, 01:02 PM   #16

Prefer to buy in Canada to get 2 year warranty.
Just a little unsure of hot deals from Quickndone.

You are right K5ii would be light years ahead.
I came from K1000 film and K200D was the big bright light at the time.

01-02-2015, 02:20 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
sold out!
It is great! I don't have to go back and look at the post and ask myself if I should buy it everyday :-).
01-03-2015, 10:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jayman_1975 Quote
Whatever the reason that's too good of a price to pass up. Mines ordered
I got in on the Quickndone thanksgiving sale....you wont regret it !
Congrats !

---------- Post added 2015-01-03 at 23:43 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
sold out!
It is great! I don't have to go back and look at the post and ask myself if I should buy it everyday :-).
A couple people here told me that it may get cheaper than the $619 I paid.....well....here it is/was....lol.

---------- Post added 2015-01-03 at 23:46 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Canukdragon Quote
Prefer to buy in Canada to get 2 year warranty.
Just a little unsure of hot deals from Quickndone.

I was too....until I ordered one. It had 2 shutter actuations....2 yr Canadian warranty....latest firmware....and was manufactured 3 weeks before I purchased it !
Other than the Canadian warranty...PERFECT !
01-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #19
Veteran Member

One thing I am a bit concerned about is that I couldn't find anywhere on the add that said anything about 2 year canadian warranty.

01-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One thing I am a bit concerned about is that I couldn't find anywhere on the add that said anything about 2 year canadian warranty.
It doesn't say it...... I emailed and they said 2 year Canadian.....and it was just that.
01-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Ah ok. Good to know. Mine was shipped yesterday so Hopefully I'll have it mid week
01-03-2015, 11:45 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by az1895 Quote
It doesn't say it...... I emailed and they said 2 year Canadian.....and it was just that.
The box has a sticker label of 2-year warranty and equipment label from Ricoh (Mississauga, Canada address).
You could submit your registration to US and get a US 1-year "International" warranty if that is what you want. But I heard unofficially, that you can send back to seller (in Canada) for 2-year warranty if you did not convert to International warranty. Of course, you should check with the seller first.

01-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
The box has a sticker label of 2-year warranty and equipment label from Ricoh (Mississauga, Canada address).
You could submit your registration to US and get a US 1-year "International" warranty if that is what you want. But I heard unofficially, that you can send back to seller (in Canada) for 2-year warranty if you did not convert to International warranty. Of course, you should check with the seller first.
Could you elaborate ? Mine came with a 2yr Canada warranty. Im not really at all concerned as its simple to ship for repairs if needed.
But If I can convert it ? How does one do all that ?

---------- Post added 2015-01-04 at 01:53 ----------

Ah ok. Good to know. Mine was shipped yesterday so Hopefully I'll have it mid week
Mine took exactly 7 days not counting the day I ordered it. I was in New Mexico at the time
01-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Could you elaborate ? Mine came with a 2yr Canada warranty. Im not really at all concerned as its simple to ship for repairs if needed.
But If I can convert it ? How does one do all that ?

---------- Post added 2015-01-04 at 01:53 ----------

Mine took exactly 7 days not counting the day I ordered it. I was in New Mexico at the time
I am from Canada, so I can share my experience with purchasing from US and then use it for Canadian warranty repair. I bought the k-7 from Adorama years ago, which comes with US warranty, I sent a letter to Ricoh Imaging US requesting an International warranty certificate (camera serial number); which they sent to me in the mail. I then use the US warranty certificate to Pentax Canada repair to get the camera serviced. I think the process would likely be the same (except in reverse) if you want International warranty certificate to get the camera serviced in US when needed.
01-03-2015, 09:39 PM   #25
Veteran Member

ALL GONE WONDER IF THEY sell to Europe?
01-03-2015, 10:02 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
ALL GONE WONDER IF THEY sell to Europe?
If they're all gone then there isn't any for Europe anyway.
Their ebay page said sales to US and CANADA only if I recall correctly.
01-04-2015, 06:57 AM   #27

I got in on the Quickndone thanksgiving sale....you wont regret it !
Congrats !

---------- Post added 2015-01-03 at 23:43 ----------

A couple people here told me that it may get cheaper than the $619 I paid.....well....here it is/was....lol.

---------- Post added 2015-01-03 at 23:46 ----------

I was too....until I ordered one. It had 2 shutter actuations....2 yr Canadian warranty....latest firmware....and was manufactured 3 weeks before I purchased it !
Other than the Canadian warranty...PERFECT !
I contacted Quickndone about warranty and it still sounds shaky.
Quickndone is not an authroized dealer.
Basically they are clearing out stock from an authorized dealer.
So in their thoughts are the warranty is good.
However, Ricoh needs an authorized dealer on the bill of sale.

So it is the luck of the draw.
More than likely a new camera will be ok.
BUT...if it turns out it is not and you send it for warranty then Quickndone are saying this...

"The receipt will be from us. These cameras comes from an authorized dealer so the warranty is valid.
If there is ever an issue with getting warranty service we can send you a prepaid return label to get the camera back to us and we can send it into Pentax Canada for warranty service.
We only have a few units left, we are almost sold out.
Thanks!
- quickndone"

As I asked before...has anyone really bought gear from Quickndone and then had to test the warranty?
I think it is a matter that if the price is really good and you save bucks, then put the savings away to pay for warranty work that will not be honoured by Ricoh.

If anyone has had to test Quickndone's theory of warranty I would love to know.

By the way, this site is great.
Wish I had joined before.
Thanks to all for help and info.
01-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #28

How about 2-years Pentax extended warranty for $19,95 from B&H / Adorama for that Canadian purchase?
01-04-2015, 07:59 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Yikes. That's scary. Mine might be going back if that's the case.
01-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Prakticant Quote
How about 2-years Pentax extended warranty for $19,95 from B&H / Adorama for that Canadian purchase?
That's offered by Ricoh USA for purchases from US Authorized dealers, so it won't cover cameras from Canada imported into the US by a consumer. Receipt is required, as always.
Yikes. That's scary. Mine might be going back if that's the case.
From my experience, Ricoh Imaging Canada (formerly Pentax Canada) is pretty good about honoring the warranty of any Pentax camera with the sticker on the box that says "2 Year Canadian Warranty" (which they imported into Canada), but they require a receipt to know when that 2 years started. Quickndone saying they are not an authorized dealer might make their receipt less likely to be accepted, regardless of where they got them (probably Vistek).

Any Canadians who bought one should ask Ricoh Canada for clarification, otherwise they're in the same 1-year Int'l warranty zone as Americans, or, for example, Canadians who bought from B&H or Adorama in the states.

Last edited by panoguy; 01-04-2015 at 08:33 AM.