Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax Lenses (including Limited series) sale at B&H up to 47% off
Posted By: Docrwm, 01-23-2015, 02:30 PM

Pentax Lenses (including Limited series) sale at B&H up to 47% off Some of these prices are better than Black Friday deals!

DA50 f1.8 reg 246.95, sale 129.95
DA55-300 WR reg 450, sale 370
DAL35 f2.4 reg 217, now 152
DA*55 f1.4 reg 797, now 600 -
DA35 f2.8 Limited macro reg 747, now 497
DA*16-50 f2.8 reg 1297, now 878.
DA18-135 WR reg 497, now 420 -
da10-17 fisheye reg 647, now 476 -
da21 f3.2 Limited Pancake reg 697, now 500

There are some other deals too, so if you've been waiting for some good deals on Pentax lenses, there's lot's to choose from.
Views: 4,477
01-23-2015, 11:11 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ricoh's market share with the K-mount is really small compared to Canon or Nikon. The K-mount hasn't reached its full entitlement. Low prices will attract some attention and get the new users who would be considered "low hanging fruit". That's all good. After that point is reached Ricoh's next goal should be a harder crowd to win over. It's a crowd that is not swayed by price as much as it is by performance.

01-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Amazon charges tax for many more states than B&H does. In my state, that is nearly 10% extra. And the price of the lens in question at amazon is, while fulfilled by Amazon, not actually Amazon (but 'Emmy Photo').
Just an FYi... I agree about exercising caution with third-party sellers on Amazon.com. But if the item is fulfilled by Amazon (i.e. It comes from their warehouse), you get full purchase protection as if Amazon was the seller. That makes a big difference to me.

Sales tax is another matter and is something that has to be considered on a case-by-case basis. What is the price of the product? How badly does one want it? Is it available at a similar price elsewhere? And what state does the purchaser live in - as in, how high is the sales tax?
01-24-2015, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #18
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Just an FYi... I agree about exercising caution with third-party sellers on Amazon.com. But if the item is fulfilled by Amazon (i.e. It comes from their warehouse), you get full purchase protection as if Amazon was the seller. That makes a big difference to me.
For me too, absolutely. However, 'Amazon' seems to be synonymous with ANYTHING sold on Amazon for many here -- I've seen a lot of 'great' deals posted here that were obviously grey or white box items from no name vendors selling on the site (but not fulfilled by Amazon). We all need to take that (which is the same as you are saying) into consideration when buying through the Amazon website always.

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Sales tax is another matter and is something that has to be considered on a case-by-case basis. What is the price of the product? How badly does one want it? Is it available at a similar price elsewhere? And what state does the purchaser live in - as in, how high is the sales tax?
Well.. yeah. However, generally saying it is cheaper on Amazon is thus false when looking at final price (including taxes). It is not cheaper (for everyone) on Amazon. Hence my response.
01-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Geeze, right in the wallet... this could change my plans for my tax return!

EDIT: Most specifically, I was planning to get a Samyang 85mm f/1.4. The 70mm f/2.4 Limited is now just under $500... about twice what I had been planning.

01-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DA* 300 is one of only two items still on my list - but it is in second place. Hovered over the Add to Cart button - - - - then shut it down.*

* Confession: succumbed to a couple bouts of LBA for items not on my list at all. Had that money been in the PayPal account there would only be one item still on my list.
01-24-2015, 10:27 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Geeze, right in the wallet... this could change my plans for my tax return!

EDIT: Most specifically, I was planning to get a Samyang 85mm f/1.4. The 70mm f/2.4 Limited is now just under $500... about twice what I had been planning.
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
DA* 300 is one of only two items still on my list - but it is in second place. Hovered over the Add to Cart button - - - - then shut it down.*

* Confession: succumbed to a couple bouts of LBA for items not on my list at all. Had that money been in the PayPal account there would only be one item still on my list.
Glad to be of help
01-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #22
BOZ

Yes, definitely check Amazon first - here's just one example. The Amazon lens is White Box, fulfilled by Amazon. I presume that there would be no warranty - Is the warranty worth $70 more? Which one would you buy?

Pentax SMC DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens

Pentax SMC DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens 21977 B&H = $419.95

Amazon.com : Pentax 21977 DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens (White Box) Includes 3 Piece Multi-Coated Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD), Lens Blower, Lens Cap Keeper, Lens Cleaning Pen and SSE Microfiber Cleaning Cloth : Digital Slr Camera Lenses : C = $349.95 (White Box) *White box means that it was part of a camera kit that was split and sold separately. It is not a returned or refurbished item* (fulfilled by Amazon)

01-24-2015, 05:05 PM - 1 Like   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by BOZ Quote
Yes, definitely check Amazon first - here's just one example. The Amazon lens is White Box, fulfilled by Amazon. I presume that there would be no warranty - Is the warranty worth $70 more? Which one would you buy?

Pentax SMC DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens

Pentax SMC DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens 21977 B&H = $419.95

Amazon.com : Pentax 21977 DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens (White Box) Includes 3 Piece Multi-Coated Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD), Lens Blower, Lens Cap Keeper, Lens Cleaning Pen and SSE Microfiber Cleaning Cloth : Digital Slr Camera Lenses : C = $349.95 (White Box) *White box means that it was part of a camera kit that was split and sold separately. It is not a returned or refurbished item* (fulfilled by Amazon)
Some of these amazon deals don't come with the hood, though, and the hood + warranty are definitely worth $70, IMO. The link your posted makes no mention of a hood.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #24
BOZ

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Some of these amazon deals don't come with the hood, though, and the hood + warranty are definitely worth $70, IMO. The link your posted makes no mention of a hood.
Excellent point Adam... I had no idea that the Pentax hood costs $45+. There are cheaper alternatives - I would be interested to hear if anyone has any views on those.
01-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #25
mee
Veteran Member

That is the thing.. this little piece of plastic costs 30-60 dollars from Pentax!! I'm looking for a petal hood for my 16-50 .. no way am I paying branded retail price for that little piece of plastic.
01-26-2015, 02:12 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I hate to do this to you, but GET IT. It is the most-used Pentax lens in my collection. So versatile and consistently great results.
Yeah, I have had my fair share of the "little LBA devil sitting on my shoulder" urging me to buy a lens, from several other persuasive PF members, which has likely contributed to my acquisition of so many great lenses over the years. I have no doubt the 35 macro is an excellent and sharp lens. But with my FA 35 f/2, i get a faster lens at the same focal length, and when I need macro, I use my DFA 100 WR, which is no slouch in the sharpness department. Still, the DA 35 macro limited is the only DA limited prime that I don't own (not counting the SMC/HD variants) so it is natural for me to wonder about "completing the set." Hmm, I see that B&H has a condition 9+ used one for just $399...
01-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #27
Pentaxian

My story of those prices: I was holding off on additional k-mount lenses because my 2 month old Ricoh GR was keeping me busy. I still use my K-5 and have a wish list of lenses but I try to pace my purchases. The sale prompted me to check DA 15 prices. B&H and Adorama had it for $596, a resistable price IMO. Then I noticed KEH had an original non-HD model, the one with better starbursts, for $419 in excellent condition. I expect a Fed Ex delivery in a few days.

It's funny how a good sale on new lenses can inadvertently benefit the used market. Unintended consequences and all that.