Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite for FREE!
Posted By: RAART, 01-29-2015, 03:40 AM

I didn't believe it first when I saw it but I downloaded the software and got activation code too...
While I am at work and do not have USB drive with me I will install it tomorrow but none than less I decided to share with this great Pentax community.

EDIT: New link expires Feb-28 ---> http://www.dxo.com/us/advancedphotoshop

DxO Optics ViewPoint download links for Windows and Mac users: http://sharewareonsale.com/checkout/order-received/2113015?key=wc_order_54d06f5146371
Expires: Feb-28, 2015.

BONUS LINK: Free Adobe Creative Suite 2 Link (Mac/Win) but must have Adobe ID or create new one, very easy ---> ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE 2

EDIT 2:

FREE Phase One - Capture One Express 7 - You have to download somewhere the software the key only will be provided!
Link to Capture One Archive: Capture One Archive for Windows

Last edited by RAART; 02-03-2015 at 12:36 AM.
Views: 4,494
01-29-2015, 04:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the heads-up....
01-29-2015, 05:25 AM   #3
Forum Member

Thanks for the link! I've downloaded and installed the program, it recognized the Nikon D7100 RAW files and the K5 RAW files and provided a link to download the codecs, which I did, however it didn't recognize the RAW files from the K3, which is a pity.
If anybody can get the K3 raw files to be recognized please reply in this thread!
01-29-2015, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #4

Don't "register" on that website, they're only grabbing your email address for spam and then redirect you to the proper site:

DxO & Digital Photographer | www.dxo.com

01-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I have special email address just for something like this... YMMW.
01-29-2015, 09:48 AM   #6

Thanks for the heads up!
01-29-2015, 10:42 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I've moved this to Price Watch in hopes more people will see it.
01-29-2015, 10:48 AM   #8
Forum Member

Is there a difference between DxO Optics Pro 8 and DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite? Or are they one and the same?
I got DxO Optics Pro 8 about a month ago on a similar free campaign they had.

01-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #9
NKK
Veteran Member

Thank you - looking forward to try it out!
01-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Downloaded, installed, and activated without a hitch. All I did was create a filter for the Shareware site so those spam emails go straight to the trash - no problem.

Thanks!
01-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gt6plus Quote
Is there a difference between DxO Optics Pro 8 and DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite? Or are they one and the same?
I got DxO Optics Pro 8 about a month ago on a similar free campaign they had.
According to here: DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite Edition Free Full Version Activation Code (Windows & Mac) the only difference is in "the supported camera bodies" and it seems to indicate the past promotion was the 'Elite' version..

I also signed up for the giveaway a few months ago, still available: DxO & Digital Photographer | www.dxo.com (and also seems to be here: DxO & Advanced Photoshop | www.dxo.com)

It doesn't mention 'Elite' but when I start the program and go to 'About' it says 'Elite' next to the key. Either way it's fine with DNG's from my k5iis.

No email spam from the Digital Photographer promotion (there is a 'send me info' box you can un-check).
01-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #12
NKK
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Downloaded, installed, and activated without a hitch. All I did was create a filter for the Shareware site so those spam emails go straight to the trash - no problem.

Thanks!
I just used the Link that "el jeffe" provided directly to DXO, i don't suspect they will send out spam.
01-29-2015, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Along the lines of what bodies are supported, I installed this and activated with no problem. Stuck an SD card I had with me at work and was pleased to see the program quickly and easily download a module for my 18-135 WR lens. The pics in that folder were pretty crappy due to the lousy weather in which they were taken, so I tried another folder. "no supported images" displayed in the browser section. WTF? Same for everything else on the card, except the folder I first opened. It was then I realized that those were taken with my K5 & all others were with my K3, all in DNG format, btw. (I had decided against taking my still new K3 out in the very snowy conditions. otherwise I wouldn't have been able to open anything in this test.)

Their website says they support K3 and lists a slew of body/lens combinations. So, maybe this only applies to newer versions of the software? It makes me wonder how a company expects you take on faith that when you buy a newer version it will work for you when the giveaway version to entice you to do so falls short?

Another high hopes adventure smashed against the rocks of software uncertainty...
01-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
Their website says they support K3 and lists a slew of body/lens combinations. So, maybe this only applies to newer versions of the software? It makes me wonder how a company expects you take on faith that when you buy a newer version it will work for you when the giveaway version to entice you to do so falls short?

Another high hopes adventure smashed against the rocks of software uncertainty...
DxO does this all the time - offers older software for you to try for free.

Version 8 is 2 versions old now - currently on version 10 which of course includes the K-3. Did you really expect to get the newest version for free?
01-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #15
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
DxO does this all the time - offers older software for you to try for free.

Version 8 is 2 versions old now - currently on version 10 which of course includes the K-3. Did you really expect to get the newest version for free?
Nah, I don't think anyone would expect that. Maybe a 15-day trial with watermarks all over it...

Limiting the supported bodies is a double edged sword. If you like the software on an old body then you'll probably love the new software for your new body. But, you need an older body to experiment with. First time Pentaxians with a K-3 may be out of luck. Like jamarley, I'm lucky to have a K-30 with plenty of images to experiment with.

It's hard to complain about something free.