Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2015, 12:34 AM   #16
Banned




Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 120
Not much good if you live in Australia! where you have to pay $50+ postage and then the very poor exchange rate.

02-26-2015, 02:58 AM   #17
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,843
QuoteOriginally posted by JASMAZ77 Quote
Not much good if you live in Australia! where you have to pay $50+ postage and then the very poor exchange rate.
Don't complain ...

At least (for purchases under $1000), there is no GST/VAT/import duties for Australians. Our European friends have to pay 20%+ VAT, and customs duties, and freight AND deal with the exchange rate. Aussies have it pretty good.

And you should have tried buying from the US in 2008/2009, when the AUD fell to US60c or so, and the exchange rate fluctuated wildly for about 6 months too. Those were bad days.
02-28-2015, 06:46 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,147
Original Poster
B&H's web site says that the DA* 200mm deal expires on March 1st, but I don't know about the others. Will keep you guys posted once I learn more.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #19
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newcastle
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,551
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Don't complain ...

At least (for purchases under $1000), there is no GST/VAT/import duties for Australians. Our European friends have to pay 20%+ VAT, and customs duties, and freight AND deal with the exchange rate. Aussies have it pretty good.

And you should have tried buying from the US in 2008/2009, when the AUD fell to US60c or so, and the exchange rate fluctuated wildly for about 6 months too. Those were bad days.
Agree. We do have it lucky in most respects. There are means and ways around the postage issue too. It all depends on how you approach the issue.

03-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,545
Just FYI ... my B&M's website lists the 200/2.8 at 939 ... Pentax 200 / 2,8 ed if sdm garanti 2 ans - Pentax
03-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #21
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 255
QuoteOriginally posted by JASMAZ77 Quote
Not much good if you live in Australia! where you have to pay $50+ postage and then the very poor exchange rate.
Try DCXpert on Ebay. It's the Ebay arm of C R Kennedy and they have prices that are very competitive with these. Stuff gets from Melbourne to Perth in a couple of days.
03-02-2015, 05:29 AM   #22
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
Looks like the B&H lens specials are still going on. I didn't check the prices with Adam's original post but here is the current list:

Pentax Lenses | B&H Photo Video
03-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #23
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas / Yucatan
Posts: 997
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Looks like the B&H lens specials are still going on. I didn't check the prices with Adam's original post but here is the current list:

Pentax Lenses | B&H Photo Video
Prices have gone up on several lenses, but not back to list prices. For example, several of the silver lenses previously were priced lower than their black counterparts.

Another example:
  • Pentax SMCP-DA 35mm f/2.8 HD Macro Limited Lens - Silver 21460 was $519 and $596 for black. It is now $596.95 for both black and silver.

So, while 'sale' prices, they aren't (all?) as good as they were before March 1st by a noticeable amount.

---------- Post added 03-02-2015 at 12:36 PM ----------

Actually, thanks for bringing this up! I just found the HD DA 15mm f/4 LTD was lowered in price with the new updates:

Was $596 (Black) and $566 (Silver) and now both are $546.95.

So, keep checking those prices. Some are getting better while others are going up!


Last edited by yucatanPentax; 03-02-2015 at 11:36 AM.
03-06-2015, 03:04 AM   #24
Senior Member
Greenneck's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 166
QuoteOriginally posted by ak_kiwi Quote
FWIW there is a slight difference on sealing with DA*, which used to be called 'AW', which is claimed superior to 'WR'.
This white paper explains it
So DA* wins because they are also dust proof?
03-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,147
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Greenneck Quote
So DA* wins because they are also dust proof?
DA* lenses and any lens that's marketed as AW instead of WR. This includes all 645 lenses, the 560mm, and the two new telephoto zooms.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-07-2015, 05:12 PM   #26
Senior Member
Greenneck's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 166
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
DA* lenses and any lens that's marketed as AW instead of WR. This includes all 645 lenses, the 560mm, and the two new telephoto zooms.
But only a handful of current lenses are marked DA* Im confused now
03-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,147
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Greenneck Quote
But only a handful of current lenses are marked DA* Im confused now
DA* and AW lenses are also sealed against dust. DA*, AW, and WR lenses are sealed against moisture. Here's a link to a list of current Pentax lenses:

All Current K-Mount Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-10-2015, 11:45 PM   #28
Veteran Member
drypenn's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 948
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Prices have gone up on several lenses, but not back to list prices. For example, several of the silver lenses previously were priced lower than their black counterparts.

Another example:
  • Pentax SMCP-DA 35mm f/2.8 HD Macro Limited Lens - Silver 21460 was $519 and $596 for black. It is now $596.95 for both black and silver.

So, while 'sale' prices, they aren't (all?) as good as they were before March 1st by a noticeable amount.[COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=1]
Yup, I was about to order the silver 35, hesitated for a few days, finally decided, but saw the increased price, and I guess, I'll be waiting for another BFS.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da, deals, f/2.8, hd, lens, lenses, list, pentax, pentax deals, photo, post, prices, savings, silver, smcp-da*, video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big US Savings on Canon/Nikon FF Bodies Adam Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 0 12-11-2014 12:53 PM
WOW!! BIG June Pentax Savings on 22 lenses- up to $150 on Limiteds, DA*'s, and more! Adam Pentax Price Watch 18 06-25-2014 04:56 PM
Up to $600 in savings on FA Limited lenses w/ K-3 Bundle Adam Pentax Price Watch 23 02-07-2014 11:31 PM
Big Savings on Nikon FF Lenses Adam Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 3 02-26-2013 09:32 AM
Instant Rebates from PENTAX USA on Bodies & Lenses Docrwm Pentax Price Watch 65 09-05-2012 09:47 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top