Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Cactus RF60 & V6 Bundle $174
Posted By: Roob-N-Boots, 02-20-2015, 09:09 AM

Free Cactus V6 transceiver with the purchase of a Cactus RF 60 flash. $174.95 with free expedited 2-3 day shipping.

Cactus RF60 Wireless Flash With Wireless WRLS Flash Transceiver V6 Single DICFLACACRF60 A

Views: 4,491
04-03-2015, 06:10 PM   #31
Pentaxian

An even better bundle for $169.90 is now available for pentaxforums users.

04-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #32
CJC

packaging

I received my order from Adorama and neither unit was packaged with manufacturer's plastic bag nor did they have any silica gel packs inside to absorb moisture. Previous units I purchased at B&H were wrapped that way. Also, neither had any warranty cards enclosed. The paper manual for the flash was just loose in the box not wrapped in plastic as the transceiver' paperwork was. Additionally, the order was sent in a bubble wrap envelope.; I do not feel that provides adequate packaging for electronic gear regardless of who delivers it. I called them and told them about this; they said to take pictures and send them which I just did. I will let you know my experience. I've never really dealt with them before so this may be their litmus test for continued patronage. I'd appreciate hearing others thoughts on this especially if you bought this special offer from Adorama.
04-21-2015, 09:40 PM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CJC Quote
I received my order from Adorama and neither unit was packaged with manufacturer's plastic bag nor did they have any silica gel packs inside to absorb moisture. Previous units I purchased at B&H were wrapped that way. Also, neither had any warranty cards enclosed. The paper manual for the flash was just loose in the box not wrapped in plastic as the transceiver' paperwork was. Additionally, the order was sent in a bubble wrap envelope.; I do not feel that provides adequate packaging for electronic gear regardless of who delivers it. I called them and told them about this; they said to take pictures and send them which I just did. I will let you know my experience. I've never really dealt with them before so this may be their litmus test for continued patronage. I'd appreciate hearing others thoughts on this especially if you bought this special offer from Adorama.
I bought several V6s and RF60s from Gadget Infinity the day they became available on the market, and then later a bundle from Adorama. None of the RF60s came with plastic wrap from either vendor, either around the flash or around the manual, it's just the way Cactus packages them I guess. The V6s did have a small plastic wrap pocket for the instruction manual, both from Hong Kong and from Adorama. My bundle from Adorama came in a brown cardboard box packed with plastic pillow padding (I think, it's been a few months).

Adorama actually has a pretty good reputation for customer service. Had there been any damage, I'm sure they would have taken care of you.