Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Voigtlander 75mm f2.5 Color Heliar modified to M42
Posted By: Stavri, 02-26-2015, 08:02 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I keep an eye on this guys ebay store, from time to time he has good lenses, I thought this one was interesting

Voigtlander Color Heliar 75mm F2 5 MC Modified to M42 Screw Mount | eBay
Views: 2,956
02-26-2015, 09:37 AM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very strange. The lens pictured is a rangefinder lens that appears to have had its rear section replaced by who knows what. You can't just replace the focus helicoid to magically transform a short registration lens into one that will work on a SLR. The telling photo is the one with the silver and black lenses together as well as the sample photo. The silver is an unmodified Heliar the black is the offered lens. Notice too that there are no photos showing the rear of the lens. I suspect that the rear group has been removed.

I would suggest that potential buyers consider finding the VC 75/2.5 SL in Pentax K instead.

Steve
02-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Very strange. The lens pictured is a rangefinder lens that appears to have had its rear section replaced by who knows what. You can't just replace the Helicoid to magically transform a short registration lens into one that will work on a SLR. The telling photo is the one with the silver and black lenses together as well as the sample photo. The silver is an unmodified Heliar the black is the offered lens. I suspect that the rear group has been removed.

I would suggest that potential buyers consider finding the VC 74/2.5 SL in Pentax K instead.

Steve
Yes Indeed, It seems it used to be an L-mount m39 given a M42 conversion, which explains the loss of the distance markings in the process. I asked the seller about the conversion and he told me that he bought it converted for his sony Nex years back.

I recently bought a Voigtlander Color Ultron 50mm f1.8 from this seller, and I'm very happy with it.
It looks like the second one from the left in this picture i pulled out
Attached Images

Last edited by Stavri; 02-26-2015 at 10:03 AM.
03-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
From a previous conversation I had with the seller, he told me that he'd accept $250 for this lens, I already had my VL Heliar SL in PKA ordered from Japan at the time. Now that I have a chance to shoot with mine I can say that this lens is really good, bokeh quality resembles the 77 ltd in my opinion. The Leica version for sale has the same optics, someone should really get on this.

Last edited by Stavri; 03-05-2015 at 10:50 AM.