Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Auction: DA 560mm from Henry's
Posted By: Stavri, 03-01-2015, 06:57 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Pentax Da HD 560mm F5 6 Ed AW Lens K7 K5 Used 027075218406 | eBay
Views: 4,481
03-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting start ... that'll go up quite fast if anyone notices.
03-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I can't make the entry bid, therefore I'm giving others a chance...
03-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Ya, me too, I won't bid so I don't run the price up for everyone else. We are such nice people on this forum.

03-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ya, me too, I won't bid so I don't run the price up for everyone else. We are such nice people on this forum.

Norm i think this lens has your name written all over, If you think it's too expensive right you're forgetting to subtract the price of your DA* 60-250 from the total (who am I kidding, you'll never sell that lens)
03-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Don't know enough about ebay... to know why Henry's would choose to sell the 560 Pentax here.

Does Henry's usually use ebay to sell equipment.
03-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Don't know enough about ebay... to know why Henry's would choose to sell the 560 Pentax here.

Does Henry's usually use ebay to sell equipment.
From what I've seen they sell a lot of used, open box, and new gear on eBay, their store is very popular. They get so much traffic that is not uncommon for people to get into bidding wars over their items.

03-01-2015, 09:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Check out the postage cost. $9,999 to Australia (hehe) suffice to say I won't start bidding
03-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
Check out the postage cost. $9,999 to Australia (hehe) suffice to say I won't start bidding

What kind of estimate is that? Might as well be 'ONE MILLION DOLLARS'...
03-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

If it were 1 million dollars I might try and buy the business before bidding on the lens. The handling costs would be very profitable I would imagine.
03-01-2015, 11:12 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
From what I've seen they sell a lot of used, open box, and new gear on eBay, their store is very popular. They get so much traffic that is not uncommon for people to get into bidding wars over their items.
Thanks for the info.

Les
03-02-2015, 06:55 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'll pass on bidding as well. I would rather pay full price for a new unit than take my chances with a used one.
03-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #13
Pentaxian

I've been buying second hand lenses from Henry's since the 60s. It's the one reason I'd go to their store, as I preferred the salesmen at Toronto Camera. But Henry's had the whole upstairs of their store devoted to second hand glass. You could go up there, and there would be a whole display case of Pentax glass with maybe 70-80 items in it. SO I'd walk from Toronto Camera over on Yonge Street, to Church and Queen to visit Henry's and see what they had upstairs. To me, their web store is just a continuation of that tradition. Henry's continues to this day, taking in cameras for trade up, and selling second hand gear. Unfortunately there is probably less gear in their second hand display cases than ever. It seems to be hard to keep on the shelves these days.

---------- Post added 03-02-15 at 09:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I'll pass on bidding as well. I would rather pay full price for a new unit than take my chances with a used one.
I've bought used from Henry's lots of times. At least last time I took a lens in, they still had a couple of their own repair technicians for in house repairs... oops that was 30 years ago... but who knows, maybe they still do. It's different from buying from an individual.

Last edited by normhead; 03-02-2015 at 07:38 AM.
03-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Henry's continues to this day, taking in cameras for trade up, and selling second hand gear. Unfortunately there is probably less gear in their second hand display cases than ever. It seems to be hard to keep on the shelves these days.
Have you ever been to the Mississauga store?
That's where usually most of their used gear goes. I visit that store quite often since unfortunately is very close to my work place .
03-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Have you ever been to the Mississauga store?
That's where usually most of their used gear goes. I visit that store quite often since unfortunately is very close to my work place .
mrNewt, there you go again, more information that's bad for my wallet... but I have wondered from time to time what happened to their used section. I have also purchased used from their Ottawa store (downtown) that has a corner display with with some Pentax glass in it, as does the downtown store. SO, I'm really unclear as to how it works, they used to be a single store, now they're a chain.

But all of the schools in Mississauga taught with K1000s, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mississauga was a hotbed of Pentax activity. All the HS photography students we're Pentax indoctrinated.

I've never been in the Henry's Mississauga store, for everything I did, including purchases, my board always dealt directly with Pentax and I've been in the old Mississauga repair facility many times.