Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ebay: Pentax A50/1.2 Silver special
Posted By: Stavri, 03-22-2015, 08:26 AM

I have no interest on the lens since I own the black version, just want large size prints of this beauty on my bedroom wall...

Seriously, someone needs to offer anodizing services, I'd pay them handsomely.

Very RARE Nice Item Pentax A50MM F1 2 Special 1000 Limited Item Silver | eBay

Last edited by Stavri; 03-22-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Views: 1,581
03-22-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Seriously, someone needs to offer anodizing services, I'd pay them handsomely.
Actually I think someone on this forum does.... Can't find the thread at moment but I've seen his work and it is amazing.
03-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Actually I think someone on this forum does.... Can't find the thread at moment but I've seen his work and it is amazing.
Look for the username "dcshooter" (i've got one of his conversions, and it is quite nice). But your lens has to be made of aluminum. Some of the A series are plastic on the exterior...

BTW, that's an insane price for that lens!
03-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Look for the username "dcshooter" (i've got one of his conversions, and it is quite nice). But your lens has to be made of aluminum. Some of the A series are plastic on the exterior...

BTW, that's an insane price for that lens!
Indeed, for that price it better come with the silver LX wrapped in plastic..

I have the black A50/f1.2 I believe it's metal all around but I might be wrong...

03-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi,
His feedback is not very good!
Regards.
03-22-2015, 05:08 PM - 3 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

May as well chime in here - The higher-end Pentax-A lenses do have all-metal barrels, so the 1.2 is more likely than not one I actually could re-finish in silver. I've done a few samples of the K version, and it's turned out beautifully. The finished product wouldn't look exactly he same as this, since 1) the silver edition has a special knurled grip rather than the rubber grip used on the normal edition, and 2) the "bump" on the silver edition is green rather than white. Otherwise, I can make the finished product look more or less similar.

Here's what the A 85/1.4 looks like in Silver:
03-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
May as well chime in here - The higher-end Pentax-A lenses do have all-metal barrels, so the 1.2 is more likely than not one I actually could re-finish in silver. I've done a few samples of the K version, and it's turned out beautifully. The finished product wouldn't look exactly he same as this, since 1) the silver edition has a special knurled grip rather than the rubber grip used on the normal edition, and 2) the "bump" on the silver edition is green rather than white. Otherwise, I can make the finished product look more or less similar.

Such a beauty, you sir are an artiste...
03-22-2015, 11:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter

That is once beautiful lens. Do you find that the silver filter thread causes any reflections?

03-23-2015, 04:39 AM   #9
Site Supporter

At that price shipping should be included.

Shipping: $50.00 Economy Shipping from outside US

A four thousand dollar lens without tracking or insurance? wtf?
03-23-2015, 05:59 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I haven't noticed anything or heard any complaints of reflections on any of the lenses I've done, but once I get into the telephoto range (over 100mm or so), I've tended to apply blacking to the filter threads just in case. Also, if there is a built-in hood, I will blacken that as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
That is once beautiful lens. Do you find that the silver filter thread causes any reflections?
03-23-2015, 07:18 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Seriously man, that 85 is amazing. Those look much better than the silver Pentax does.
03-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #12
Site Supporter

I haven't noticed anything or heard any complaints of reflections on any of the lenses I've done, but once I get into the telephoto range (over 100mm or so), I've tended to apply blacking to the filter threads just in case. Also, if there is a built-in hood, I will blacken that as well.
I meant to say That is *one* beautiful lens!
Pitty you live on the other side of the planet. Otherwise you may have had a SMC 50mm F1.2 sitting on your doorstep begging to be given a makeover!
03-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
Pity you live on the other side of the planet. Otherwise you may have had a SMC 50mm F1.2 sitting on your doorstep begging to be given a makeover!
Ditto. My A50/1.2 is begging for that sort of treatment.
03-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm tempted to buy a 50mm or 85mm just to send to you. Nice work.