Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Exclusive savings: Cactus RF-60 Flash Bundle & Sirui T-025x Tripod
Posted By: Adam, 04-02-2015, 03:12 PM

Adorama has been generous enough to offer PF users two exclusive deals. These are our first-ever 100% exclusive coupon codes, so I'm excited to be sharing them with you guys!
To get this pricing, enter the coupon code PFADORAMA1 at checkout after clicking on one of the links above. The coupon code will only work if this page refers you to Adorama.

Expires on 4/21.

Adorama's coupon codes are US-only, unfortunately, but I hope to get you guys more such exclusive deals in the future. Manufacturers' restrictions really limit what retailers can do, so while it might be hard to get additional savings on cameras or lenses, but let me know if there are any other third-party accessories that you'd like to see discounted!

Views: 3,346
04-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Sweet! Thanks PF for bringing us this exclusive!
04-02-2015, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

That Cactus combo is a sweet deal. I grabbed it a couple of months ago when it was $174.95 for the combo. I couldn't be happier EXCEPT THAT I PAID $5.05 TOO MUCH BY NOT WAITING LONG ENOUGH!

04-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sure would like both of these, but I'm feeling really broke right now. I could use a smallish, light-weight travel tripod.

04-03-2015, 06:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Drat! I just brought that tripod a month or so ago.
04-03-2015, 07:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I know the tripod got mixed reviews, but how are the experiences from forum members?
04-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by willskywalker93 Quote
I know the tripod got mixed reviews, but how are the experiences from forum members?
Check these out:
Cactus RF-60 review, Cactus V6 review, and Sirui Tripod review.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #8
Pentaxian

that's super Adam! nice job and appreciate yer efforts doin so
04-03-2015, 10:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Duh me. Thanks, Adam! I didn't even think about official PF reviews of things that weren't lenses, bodies, or flashes.
I'm glad the in depth review cleared up the mixed reviews that Adorama had on it. Looks like I know what I'll be spending the rewards points I have with Adorama on! And good work on getting PF exclusive codes. You're awesome, man.
04-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I've ordered both specials. This is good for everyone -- PF members get to buy some good stuff, Adorama gets a sale it might not get otherwise, and PF gets a referral bonus and proves its awesomeness once again.

Thanks Adam, you rock ....
04-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I ordered the cactus flash bundle. Remote is/was backordered but the flash itself (so far) is nice.
But... has anyone got the HSS sympathy mode to work with Pentax flashes? I watched several videos and read some articles, but have not had success with the AF540fgz as the 'host' flash. Any functional suggestions on the delay setting? The documented settings are not working for me.
04-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm happy that you guys are happy! As an FYI, the coupon savings are set to expire tomorrow. I'm trying to get them extended but can't make any promises. Adorama is now back after their long break so orders should ship as soon as stock arrives.

QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
I ordered the cactus flash bundle. Remote is/was backordered but the flash itself (so far) is nice. But... has anyone got the HSS sympathy mode to work with Pentax flashes? I watched several videos and read some articles, but have not had success with the AF540fgz as the 'host' flash. Any functional suggestions on the delay setting? The documented settings are not working for me.
You may want to post this question in the flash forum in case the experts overlook it here

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Will do. Thanks.
Also, I just got notified that my backorder is now being shipped.
Not a long wait at all. I was half expecting June. :-) :-)
04-14-2015, 02:50 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm happy to announce that I've managed to get the coupon code extended through April 21st!

Adam

04-16-2015, 06:15 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Thanks, Adam!
I want a travel tripod for a trip to Chicago. Leaving tomorrow afternoon.

With this coupon code I could pay for overnight shipping from adorama and get the 025x before I go.

But I really like the 1205x better, at least on paper. It's still small enough to fit in my camera bag, it's a little stronger, and it comes without a head so I can use my existing sirui head on it.

Did you try the 025x with, say, the 60-250 and a k3 with a grip? did it handle that OK? I don't think I'll be getting anything heavier than that anytime soon.