Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
more K bodies in Colorado
Posted By: jimr-pdx, 04-07-2015, 05:50 PM

Probably more from the former repair site being picked up at auction and re.sold for a song. Looks like k.x and k.r plus 5packs of WG Optio. Ending as I type so probably not much left..

link to seller
Views: 1,479
04-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like these are all for parts or not working...
04-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #3

What's the story on this former repair site? Did they go belly-up?
04-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Borrelli Quote
What's the story on this former repair site? Did they go belly-up?
No, they just lost the official Pentax repair contract.

Speculation is that all of this non-functional stuff popping up on eBay represents their inventory of dead/broken/replaced merchandise from when they were the official warranty repair provider.

04-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I picked up two non-functional Kx from another seller in the Denver area. Great cosmetic condition but with no accessories and serial numbers removed. One was DOA, so I plan to use that to replace the cracked case on another Kx. The other has a memory card reader problem that I have yet to investigate (will see if that's an easy fix when I have time). Was able to combine shipping so I am not out of pocket much even if I can't fix either.
04-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Speculation is that all of this non-functional stuff popping up on eBay represents their inventory of dead/broken/replaced merchandise from when they were the official warranty repair provider.
I don't know why that would result in cameras showing up in Denver. C.R.I.S. (the previous repair facility) is located in Arizona. What I would suspect is that these cameras were returned to Ricoh USA (Boulder, CO) as defective and were purchased at lot by someone who is now selling them for parts.

Steve
04-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
One of the k-x is on its way here.. for $28 why not?
I'm sure I won't go so far - but wouldn't it be fun to transplant a k-x into a k200d body? I'd love a WR camera with that 12Mpx sensor

Last edited by jimr-pdx; 04-14-2015 at 12:54 PM.
04-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
UPDATE - Chaos reigns (the good kind?)

Well my $28 K-X arrived.. and it's a K-R. At least they got the color right, it's black

Its serial number is intact, thank goodness, and test shots came out great - especially for a ** DOA ** listed camera. While setting the custom parameters I enabled CA correction and the screen freaked out, grey plaid with blurry hourglass.. so I'll leave that disabled! My test shot is labeled #2578, and the thing looks new right down to the shiny lens mount and unmarked tripod mount. Nothing came with the body so I ordered an AA cartridge and borrowed the K200d batteries; no surprise they show half battery remaining, as I recall my K-x showed that for about a month while it kept shooting

I do wonder if I'll hear from them after a k-r buyer gets a DOA k-x though. I expect they wouldn't know who got what at this point, and I don't know if they can "make" me send back their mistake anyway. Looks like my wife's new camera is here! Now to find a tungsten light in the house to check AF..

Update - shutter count measured here at 58.

Last edited by jimr-pdx; 04-14-2015 at 08:44 PM.
04-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Looks like he's got a bunch of Optios, including WG-2s and WG-3s up right now. All lots of 3 with bids starting at $90-$100.
04-17-2015, 09:25 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Looks like he's got a bunch of Optios, including WG-2s and WG-3s up right now. All lots of 3 with bids starting at $90-$100.
I guess they didn't all sell, as I see the WG-2 re-listed starting at $60.
04-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It also looks like some of the original K-5 units (many with sensor stains) may be coming back around on e-bay? This one just got listed but with no mention of any defects other than a paint scratch. Serial number is obviously missing, which makes me suspicious as to where it came from. Buyer beware!
Pentax K 5 16 3 MP DSLR Camera Body LN Under 30 Clicks 0027075176546 | eBay