Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
K-50 Body + Card + Flash = $329
Posted By: Adam, 04-16-2015, 09:36 PM

The black K-50 body has gotten yet another discount at B&H and is now just $329 with $97.90 in free extras and a 4% reward on top of that:

Pentax K-50 Digital SLR Camera Body Black - B&H Photo Video

Views: 6,413
05-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Unfortunately the local Super Target sold off their inventory before my Canon Rebel decided to go belly-up.

---------- Post added 05-07-15 at 01:24 PM ----------

But there is a real difference to some of us to a camera with lens (Target) to a body only (Roberts)
Was just listing the deal I tripped on in my search. Not trying to talk anyone into it. I even stated I didn't think it was worth it. Which is why I didn't jump on it myself. Be better to spend just a few bucks more and get it new with the 18-55mm but thats just an opinion so I shared the deal anyway.

05-08-2015, 08:09 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SininStyle Quote
Was just listing the deal I tripped on in my search. Not trying to talk anyone into it. I even stated I didn't think it was worth it. Which is why I didn't jump on it myself. Be better to spend just a few bucks more and get it new with the 18-55mm but thats just an opinion so I shared the deal anyway.
Yes, I understood that. But their eBay offerings have two options, "Buy It Now", and "Make an Offer", so I made an offer based on what Target was asking for a complete kit when they closed out, and what Roberts is charging for the 18-55mm lens ... and it was rejected immediately. I find myself wondering if they bought Target's demo units.

I have a certain amount of affection for Roberts, because I bought my first SLR, a Pentax ME, from them in 1979. But affection goes only so far.

I also find myself wondering why there are so many K-50's for sale as body only. I understand that someone buying a K-3 might be switching from another Pentax DSLR, but I would expect the average K-50 buyer to be someone who is new to Pentax. I could use a lens from one of my film SLR's with a K-50, but that would lose the WR benefits, so I'm thinking I'd want to buy a complete kit.
05-08-2015, 08:35 AM   #18

Yes, I understood that. But their eBay offerings have two options, "Buy It Now", and "Make an Offer", so I made an offer based on what Target was asking for a complete kit when they closed out, and what Roberts is charging for the 18-55mm lens ... and it was rejected immediately. I find myself wondering if they bought Target's demo units.

I have a certain amount of affection for Roberts, because I bought my first SLR, a Pentax ME, from them in 1979. But affection goes only so far.

I also find myself wondering why there are so many K-50's for sale as body only. I understand that someone buying a K-3 might be switching from another Pentax DSLR, but I would expect the average K-50 buyer to be someone who is new to Pentax. I could use a lens from one of my film SLR's with a K-50, but that would lose the WR benefits, so I'm thinking I'd want to buy a complete kit.
I was going to make an offer but didn't see a point. When you see one marked at $308 with zero scratches and 10 shots taken, then see another covered in scratches with far more shots taken also being sold for the same price, seems they are glued to the price. So for $308 you can get used and scratched of $..what is it...$328 now?, you can get brand new body. Seems like an easy call. Shame too because I dont mind scratches but not going look past them just for $20.
05-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

I find myself wondering if they bought Target's demo units.
I believe Target only carried the white model, while Roberts seems to have a mix of black and white. The very low shutter count makes you wonder if they are demo or return units. That said, the last demo unit I purchased (from a camera store eBay listing) ended up having well over 2K actuation's.

05-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SininStyle Quote
I was going to make an offer but didn't see a point. When you see one marked at $308 with zero scratches and 10 shots taken, then see another covered in scratches with far more shots taken also being sold for the same price, seems they are glued to the price. So for $308 you can get used and scratched of $..what is it...$328 now?, you can get brand new body. Seems like an easy call. Shame too because I dont mind scratches but not going look past them just for $20.
I came into this with a very high opinion of Roberts and their grading. Seeing some cameras with scratches graded the same "MINT-" as those with no noted issues does not impress me favorably at all. I'm going to follow all of those cameras just to see how many people they can find who don't know about B&H and Adorama, but are willing to buy Pentax.

Maybe their "Make an Offer" is there for market research in case they don't sell all of them this time around. In any case, the Pentax Super Program I have in my signature has very limited marking after eleven years of use, so I'm certainly not going to buy one that starts all marked up.
05-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #21

I came into this with a very high opinion of Roberts and their grading. Seeing some cameras with scratches graded the same "MINT-" as those with no noted issues does not impress me favorably at all. I'm going to follow all of those cameras just to see how many people they can find who don't know about B&H and Adorama, but are willing to buy Pentax.

Maybe their "Make an Offer" is there for market research in case they don't sell all of them this time around. In any case, the Pentax Super Program I have in my signature has very limited marking after eleven years of use, so I'm certainly not going to buy one that starts all marked up.
I actually bought my K-50 from Roberts , was a demo model. Came with 150 actuations I believe. Looked brand new no scuffing or anything. Was obviously washed, could still smell the cleaner. Was with the 18-135mm kit lens. Not entirely sure that was ever even taken out of the box. Hard tot ell after professional cleaning.
05-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm going to follow all of those cameras just to see how many people they can find who don't know about B&H and Adorama, but are willing to buy Pentax. Maybe their "Make an Offer" is there for market research in case they don't sell all of them this time around.
Roberts currently has 36 Pentax K50 models listed, all at the $308 but-it-now price. Looking at their completed listings, they were selling auction style up until mid April, with prices ranging from $195 to $232. It also looks like they have sold 5 at the buy-it-now price.
05-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Roberts currently has 36 Pentax K50 models listed, all at the $308 but-it-now price. Looking at their completed listings, they were selling auction style up until mid April, with prices ranging from $195 to $232. It also looks like they have sold 5 at the buy-it-now price.
Sometimes eBay is just really silly.
I put a watch on each of the Roberts auctions.
Just now I received the following message from eBAY

4 people watched this one of a kind item in the last week!

"One of a kind???"

05-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Adorama currently has the K-50 body with the 32GB card & AF-200FG flash for $329. The DA50 is 52 bringing the total to $381. I reckon that the lens, flash & card could be sold for $141 bringing your cost for a new body with full warranty and all accessories & manuals to $240. Why even consider a $308 used one? It's not even worth a $225 offer IMO.
05-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #25
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Unfortunately only available for store pickup. Interesting that the picture on the box shows a DAL lens but the label says DA? Got to believe it's the DAL.
I went to Micorcenter and the salesman was kind enough to open the store display box. The lenses are DA-L. It's actually a K-50 with two WR lens kit box stuffed inside a bigger box with the bundled items.
05-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
Adorama currently has the K-50 body with the 32GB card & AF-200FG flash for $329. The DA50 is 52 bringing the total to $381. I reckon that the lens, flash & card could be sold for $141 bringing your cost for a new body with full warranty and all accessories & manuals to $240. Why even consider a $308 used one? It's not even worth a $225 offer IMO.
What's the trick on the da50 being $52?

Sounds great given the capabilities of this cheaper Pentax camera.
05-11-2015, 01:52 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
What's the trick on the da50 being $52?
The steps are outlined in post #5 on the 1st page of this thread -
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/293265-k-50-body-ca...ml#post3237224
05-11-2015, 02:00 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
The steps are outlined in post #5 on the 1st page of this thread -
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/293265-k-50-body-ca...ml#post3237224

Sweet, amazing what you can find if you read the whole thread aye

Oh I see the lens price has gone up $40 since this started though, so the 50mm is now $51.95 after the discount is applied instead of $19.
Still a good price though.
05-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Sweet, amazing what you can find if you read the whole thread aye

Oh I see the lens price has gone up $40 since this started though, so the 50mm is now $51.95 after the discount is applied instead of $19.
Isn't 50mm a little long to be the prime lens on a APS-C camera??

I would think that buying the 35mm for $111 would make more sense.
(I've toyed with the idea of buying one without a lens for cashflow reasons, since I still have Pentax-A and Pentax-M lenses left over from the SLRs I used 30 years ago, and just be as careful now as I should have been then with respect to environmental issues. If I did that though, my 28mm Pentax-M lens would probably become my primary prime).

---------- Post added 05-11-15 at 12:53 PM ----------

Now, someone on ebay is offering what is said to be a new-in-box black K-50.
This is a very short auction - I didn' see it last night, and now it has just 21 hours to go -
so this might be a good opportunity.
At this moment, the price is just $100.
Even I'm tempted even though I very much want a non-black camera because I so much don't want to be mistaken for a pro.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-K-50-DSLR-Camera-Bag-BUNDLE-18-55mm-LENS-BLAC...item3f4c88202f

Last edited by reh321; 05-11-2015 at 09:54 AM. Reason: forgot to include link on first attempt
05-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #30
Veteran Member

The lens price has gone up $32 but the body price has come down $20 for a net increase of $12.

KEH has LN refurb K-50 with the 18-135WR for under $500. Chances are that they are new but without the factory warranty. KEH purchases come with a 6 month warranty. I'm sitting tight until they have a fire sale on the K-S1 since almost everything I have has the same 16MP sensor.