Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-month Photoshop/Lightroom CC Access: $20 off
Posted By: Adam, 04-22-2015, 01:43 PM

As a lightroom 6 launch special, the Photoshop CC subscription is currently available for $20 off ($99 total) - essentially two free months compared to standard pricing.

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan 65259143 B&H Photo Video

This link is for a 1-year subscription code with no recurring commitment, though you can always renew via Adobe's web site later on. Lightroom 6 is also available boxed or as a download for $149.

Expires on 4/23.

Views: 1,524
04-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Anyone just interested in Lightroom and planning to use it for more than 1.4 years (17 months) is better off buying the non-subscription version.

In just three years, one will have paid $238.

The "CC" subscription is great for Adobe, but not for users.
There is a reason why Adobe does not give users the choice of standard vs subscription-based pricing for Photoshop...
04-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Anyone just interested in Lightroom and planning to use it for more than 1.4 years (17 months) is better off buying the non-subscription version.

In just three years, one will have paid $238.

The "CC" subscription is great for Adobe, but not for users.
There is a reason why Adobe does not give users the choice of standard vs subscription-based pricing for Photoshop...
You also get Photoshop CC with this, which is much more costly up-front otherwise. I think most users have accepted the fact that subscriptions are Adobe's future, and Adobe seems to be set on going down that road, for better or for worse. I'm not a big fan of it either, but once it's time to upgrade my CS6 I won't think twice about CC.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You also get Photoshop CC with this, ...
That's why I wrote "Anyone just interested in Lightroom...".

Not everyone needs Photoshop and there are great alternatives to Photoshop for those who have to watch their photography budget. Say you want to keep using PS+LR for 10 years. That's over $1000 out of your pocket to Adobe, making the unreasonable assumption that subscription prices will never increase.

Many people were able to get a CS6 + LR license for a lot less money (e.g., through an educational license) and there is no need to participate in every upgrade cycle. I'm sure the latter is the reason why Adobe made it impossible to get PS on a non-subscription basis. People just did not need to upgrade everytime anymore.

I think most users have accepted the fact that subscriptions are Adobe's future, and Adobe seems to be set on going down that road, for better or for worse.
I don't know about "most users". One hears a lot of complaining.

In any event, Adobe's move already spawned a lot of competition for Photoshop and I think this will continue. Would be good to see Adobe being challenged more because their atrocious QC is giving software a bad name.

I'm not a big fan of it either, but once it's time to upgrade my CS6 I won't think twice about CC.
The only reason to upgrade from CS6, AFAIC, would be to keep using PS on an operating system that doesn't cannot run CS6. That hopefully won't happen anytime in the near future.

04-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The only reason to upgrade from CS6, AFAIC, would be to keep using PS on an operating system that doesn't cannot run CS6. That hopefully won't happen anytime in the near future.
Or if they decide it's time to pull the plug and stop auto updating ACR...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-23-2015, 12:42 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Or if they decide it's time to pull the plug and stop auto updating ACR...
If you are talking about future camera support, Adobe would have to tinker with DNG as well to make it an issue. ACR can already read DNG files and future DNG converters should be able to read all future RAW formats.