Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
DA*50-135 for sale on Amazon for $849
Posted By: woodywesty, 05-11-2015, 04:09 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-50-135mm-Telephoto-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000NO5QVG


The add says the lens is being discontinued? Anybody know ?
Views: 1,323
05-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,722
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
The add says the lens is being discontinued? Anybody know ?
No, the lens isn't discontinued. Just that particular listing on Amazon.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Posts: 703
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
No, the lens isn't discontinued. Just that particular listing on Amazon.
Thank you Adam.... ;-)
05-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pekin, IL
Posts: 246
I just received one through the link. I think they're grey market.


At least, all the instructions & the warranty card are in Japanese only.


I'm not really happy, but I don't know that I'm unhappy enough to send it back. It is a really nice lens.


It seems that the money I saved would have about paid for the warranty, so I'm self-insuring?


I thought I'd mention it to warn the rest of you. Or perhaps all the da*'s ship with only Japanese instructions & warranty card?


I called Ricoh customer service about this. She wasn't very helpful, recommending I "check the list." It has Amazon.com as an authorized dealer, but it doesn't have that particular vendor listed. I guess since it was "fulfilled by Amazon," I'm going to take a risk that it's OK. But not having English instructions in the package is just weird.


Last edited by fredralphfred; 05-14-2015 at 01:51 PM.
05-16-2015, 06:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New England
Photos: Albums
Posts: 691
QuoteOriginally posted by fredralphfred Quote
I just received one through I guess since it was "fulfilled by Amazon," I'm going to take a risk that it's OK. But not having English instructions in the package is just weird.
"Fulfilled by Amazon" means a marketplace seller makes use of the Amazon warehouse. Amazon customers gain free and reduced rate shipping and a simplified return process, but Amazon is not the seller. Threads like this should either list the true seller or say it's something being sold through Amazon.
05-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #6
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,005
QuoteOriginally posted by nater Quote
"Fulfilled by Amazon" means a marketplace seller makes use of the Amazon warehouse. Amazon customers gain free and reduced rate shipping and a simplified return process, but Amazon is not the seller. Threads like this should either list the true seller or say it's something being sold through Amazon.

Agreed. The actual retailer that sold you that lens was not Amazon and I'd suspect the actual retailer is NOT on the list. Pretty sure only sold by Amazon directly counts. And, even then, I'm surprised they are listed (as a couple of years ago iirc there was an incident that got them knocked off the list).

In any case, as long as it doesn't break within the first year you come out ahead here..
05-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pekin, IL
Posts: 246
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Agreed. The actual retailer that sold you that lens was not Amazon and I'd suspect the actual retailer is NOT on the list. Pretty sure only sold by Amazon directly counts. And, even then, I'm surprised they are listed (as a couple of years ago iirc there was an incident that got them knocked off the list).

In any case, as long as it doesn't break within the first year you come out ahead here..
Well, there goes my plans to "use the crap" out of it! :-)


By the way, I have to say -- I'm disappointed with this lens. I'm probably not going to return it because there's no replacement for it in the Pentax line-up, but this is my first DA* lens. The Limiteds blow away the DA*'s in terms of feel and handling if this lens is typical.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
coupon, da*50-135 for sale, pentax deals, sale on amazon, savings
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: For Sale: DA* 50-135 & DA* 200 Gareth.Ig Sold Items 15 07-15-2015 07:17 PM
For Sale - Sold: For Sale: DA*16-50, DA*50-135, K-10D dieswaytoofast Sold Items 2 12-05-2014 06:47 AM
K-5iis $849.23 on Amazon Heelers Pentax Price Watch 4 11-26-2013 11:54 PM
For Sale - Sold: Unopened DA* 50-135 for sale digitalartist Sold Items 7 09-06-2007 08:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top