Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax K-S1 Black Body Kit $339
Posted By: reduno, 05-22-2015, 06:18 PM

Adorama has the black K-S1body with accessory kit for only $339 after instant rebate.
Pentax K-S1 DSLR Camera Body with Basic Accessory Bundle- Black 06413 A
Views: 1,364
05-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Not bad at all. Someone new to Pentax or DSLRs could bundle the Plastic Fantastic for another 112 and have a capable kit for little money. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll be passing on the link right away to someone I know looking to buy their first DSLR.
05-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A great starter DSLR to be sure, especially for those who don't need the weather sealing or who don't plan to use larger lenses (for which the K-50 is better).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-23-2015, 05:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A great starter DSLR to be sure, especially for those who don't need the weather sealing or who don't plan to use larger lenses (for which the K-50 is better).
Just curious, why is the K50 better for larger lenses?

05-23-2015, 05:42 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
More to do with the size of the camera and it's smaller hand grip. It certainly will function fine with a larger lens. Balance would be off too. Whenever I put my larger lenses on my K5's or K3 I always add the battery grip for better balance and grip.

This little gem with a set of the limited lenses is a killer combination. This is a great price for a very capable camera.
05-23-2015, 07:24 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
The grip on the K-S1 is virtually nonexistent; it's even been toned down on the K-S2 (left) compared to the K-50:

So if you plan to use heavier lenses, even something like the 18-135mm, I'd recommend the K-50.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: