Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Reconditioned cameras and lenses on Woot
Posted By: konraDarnok, 05-31-2015, 04:25 AM

Pentax Cameras & Lenses - Electronics.Woot
Views: 10,681
06-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is an outrage! Send them the product description that talks up the WR and HD. Hopefully the return and refund will be quick and painless

06-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
That is an outrage! Send them the product description that talks up the WR and HD. Hopefully the return and refund will be quick and painless
I took a screenshot when I placed my order, because they can be AWFUL with returns.
06-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #48

The price difference between the SMC and HD WR is like $50. Maybe you can get them to knock $50 off.

BTW: the lens pictured on the website is the SMC version.
06-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
I took a screenshot when I placed my order, because they can be AWFUL with returns.
Didn't you say you bought countless things and never had a problem? I would consider being AWFUL with returns a problem...now I'm getting nervous.

06-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
The price difference between the SMC and HD WR is like $50. Maybe you can get them to knock $50 off.
But if you really wanted the WR, then it doesn't matter if they gave you a partial credit/discount on the non-WR version. That's my situation-- I already have the SMC version and wanted to upgrade to the HD version. My order is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow but based on @FatAlbert's experience, I am assuming I will be getting the SMC version. Also, it is telling that when I went to try to initiate a complaint on Woot, my order number said that the product was "Pentax 21720 LENSE PENTAX DA 55-300MM F4-5 8 ED" -- which is the SMC version's manufacturer/product code! But all other indications on the Woot product description page says "HD" and "WR" and my original Woot order confirmation email said "55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR Lens"

I have saved all the screen shots of the website for proof. I sent Woot the following message and am waiting to hear back:

QuoteQuote:
I am writing about my order. Although the description on your Woot page clearly provides that this lens is weather-resistant (WR) and has a "High-grade multi-layer HD coating," the product that you sold/shipped me is the earlier version of this lens, which is NOT weather resistant and lacks the more advanced HD coating.

I am scheduled to receive the lens tomorrow from FEDEX. I'm not sure if I can refuse delivery (I will likely not be home at time of delivery attempt) but I could just put "return to sender" on it. Will I receive a full refund for this mistaken product description?

---------- Post added 06-02-15 at 03:28 PM ----------

Hope this problem doesn't rise to the level of the infamous overstock.com ceiling fan fiasco:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/197569-18-55-wr-101...r-weekend.html

although it sounds more like the DA 40 limited ordered but DA 40 XS received incident:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/210582-pentax-smc-p...-272-00-a.html

Last edited by seventysixersfan; 06-02-2015 at 12:33 PM.
06-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote

BTW: the lens pictured on the website is the SMC version.
I already have the SMC.
06-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
Didn't you say you bought countless things and never had a problem? I would consider being AWFUL with returns a problem...now I'm getting nervous.
I've never had to return anything...their return issues are from what I've heard from others.

06-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #53
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I suppose at the worst you could get a partial credit back and then list it here.
06-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #54
Pentaxian

I had to return that DOA Q7 mentioned above and was fearing the worst based on what I had read, but it was no trouble. In this case they are going to get numerous requests for returns and refunds so they will probably take a path that won't leave them with a whole mob of angry people...
06-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I had to return that DOA Q7 mentioned above and was fearing the worst based on what I had read, but it was no trouble. In this case they are going to get numerous requests for returns and refunds so they will probably take a path that won't leave them with a whole mob of angry people...
That's helpful and reassuring feedback on your past experience. Thank you for sharing it.
06-02-2015, 04:13 PM   #56
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Hope this problem doesn't rise to the level of the infamous overstock.com ceiling fan fiasco:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/197569-18-55-wr-101...r-weekend.html

Yay you remember. hahahahaha

Btw thanks for the link.. had to revisit for the laughs.. that was some thread / experience.
06-02-2015, 09:31 PM - 1 Like   #57
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by astron Quote
OK so my DA* 16-50mm arrived a bit ago. Was severely underwrapped, coming in the stock box inside a padded white bubble mailer. The box had a ding in the corner. The lens itself looks like it made it through the ordeal unscathed and actually is in great shape. Everything was in the box including caps, hood, and pouch.
The basic 'lens diaper' yes, more could have been done! Hope the truck with my delivery avoids sharp turns on its way..

---------- Post added 06-02-15 at 20:33 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Yay you remember. hahahahaha
Btw thanks for the link.. had to revisit for the laughs.. that was some thread / experience.
I'm about to install a ceiling fan - I went to Lowes though for the FA model
06-03-2015, 05:36 AM   #58
Veteran Member

If I got a ceiling fan for my 500 bucks, I would hope its at least a Pentax fan.
06-03-2015, 06:41 AM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
If I got a ceiling fan for my 500 bucks, I would hope its at least a Pentax fan.

But you know it'd say Ricoh all over it, right?

06-03-2015, 07:12 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by astron Quote
But you know it'd say Ricoh all over it, right?

And this is why I won't buy a Pentax ceiling fan!