Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Reconditioned cameras and lenses on Woot
Posted By: konraDarnok, 05-31-2015, 04:25 AM

Pentax Cameras & Lenses - Electronics.Woot
Views: 8,693
06-04-2015, 07:17 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Woot! Its in transit, it doesn't weigh 15 pounds so I'm sure its not a ceiling fan!

06-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #77
Pentaxian

We'll see how fast they refund my money but Woot customer service (via email only) has been pretty good so far. They sent me an RMA and a prepaid shipping label to return the SMC version back to them. Hopefully this is the only lens/product sold on this particular sale that raises any problems for Pentax customers!
06-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
We'll see how fast they refund my money but Woot customer service (via email only) has been pretty good so far. They sent me an RMA and a prepaid shipping label to return the SMC version back to them. Hopefully this is the only lens/product sold on this particular sale that raises any problems for Pentax customers!
Glad to hear that customer service is being responsive. I suspect from other posts (on the Woot site too), that there are probably several 55-300 mm lenses on their way back. Perhaps they will be surfacing again at a deeper discount?
06-04-2015, 03:21 PM   #79
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's why you need to be obsessively checking the price watch thread every day to make sure you don't miss out on some great deals! Or perhaps NOT, if you want to control LBA...
Yeah what seventysixersfan said. I posted "enough! simplify!!" on my blog, then picked up 50-135 here and 17-70 at woot. If I don't listen to myself why should anyone here?!?

Looks like my stuff could arrive a day early as well, Pendleton is a few short hours away (3 by car, 1 via semi ) so it may arrive tomorrow.

06-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #80
Veteran Member

I just got my lens an like astron the box has been through the ringer...but the lens is fine. It took a bit of time to wake up though. It seems fine now.
06-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #81
Veteran Member

A picture mounted on my k5

Name:  20150605_172210-small.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  489.1 KB
06-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
I just got my lens an like astron the box has been through the ringer...but the lens is fine. It took a bit of time to wake up though. It seems fine now.
Isn't an SDM lens having to wake up an ominous sign?
06-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #83
Veteran Member

It doesnt do it anymore even if I turn on and off the camera, and the SDM seems snappy. There were reports on the capacitor of the lens being discharged if not used it a while, I am hoping that is the case.

06-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #84
Site Supporter

My 17-70 arrived a day early and missed the tornado that struck the other boxes It was close though; we were just leaving home & I nearly bonked the FedEx truck as it approached our driveway!

Lens arrived well packed and inside its Pentax box with papers, and first tests show snappy and detailed images on my K-r. A quick hi-contrast test showed the 17-70 at 70mm was a stop lower than the 55-300 (iso 640 vs. 320, other parameters matched). That could just be K-r metering, we shall see - it was set on Spot mode so it wouldn't take much of a change in position to throw things off.

OK: LBA mode set to disable starting --- NOW.
Honest.. why is everybody laughing?

06-06-2015, 06:20 AM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
OK: LBA mode set to disable starting --- NOW.
Honest.. why is everybody laughing?

Quitting smoking is easy--I've done it a thousand times.
--Mark Twain
06-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #86
Site Supporter

I think woot owes to this forum some donation for helping cleaning up their Pentax inventory.
06-07-2015, 09:27 AM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I think woot owes to this forum some donation for helping cleaning up their Pentax inventory.
I keep wondering whether something other than woot is at work here; there seems to be a system-wide cleaning of K-30 and K-50 inventories. I have a hard time believing that every company had a meeting at which the big idea was "let's reduce these inventories" - there are just too many moving pieces for that to be an explanation. Of course, all this got going just after Roberts starting trying to unload a whole bunch of used K-30 and K-50 cameras, so their effort has not found very many (obviously uninformed) buyers, so they are not winners in all this.
06-17-2015, 08:23 AM   #88
Pentaxian

Just as a follow-up to this thread-- I sent back the incorrect 55-300 lens to Woot via a prepaid shipping label they emailed me. It took a little while for the shipment to reach them but once it did, they processed the full refund within 48 hours. So I'm happy with the hassle-free resolution of this mixup. Hope everyone else is enjoying their reconditioned Pentax gear from Woot!
06-18-2015, 04:16 PM   #89
Veteran Member

Just as a follow-up to this thread-- I sent back the incorrect 55-300 lens to Woot via a prepaid shipping label they emailed me. It took a little while for the shipment to reach them but once it did, they processed the full refund within 48 hours. So I'm happy with the hassle-free resolution of this mixup. Hope everyone else is enjoying their reconditioned Pentax gear from Woot!
happy that you got your refund quickly and without troubles.

About that LBA...I thought by filling my focal length gap my lba would go away at least for a while... Instead after owning my first DA* lens...i really badly want a 16-50 or 300mm f4 now. The colors and contrast on the 50-135mm is outstanding. It looks better SOOC than some of my old shots processed.