Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
K-S2 with 18-135 Lens
Posted By: photo dawn, 06-09-2015, 02:34 PM

Ordered mine last night. It was shipped this morning. Can't wait!

Pentax K-S2 w/18-135 lens
$797 w/free shipping

PENTAX K-S2 BLACK DSLR CAMERA with 18-135MM LENS #11588 USA NEW
Views: 5,351
06-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #16

dying to see the pics

I have been going up-down in comparing between K-50 and K-S2 ; their specs v/s price difference
I am waiting to see your pics from K-S2, may be that can incline me towards K-S2 ( which would mean spending additional $200-300 bucks)

06-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by anujmishra Quote
I have been going up-down in comparing between K-50 and K-S2 ; their specs v/s price difference
I am waiting to see your pics from K-S2, may be that can incline me towards K-S2 ( which would mean spending additional $200-300 bucks)
You might want to check out our first impressions review:
Pentax K-S2 First Impressions Review - Hands-on Reviews | PentaxForums.com

The K-S2 is ahead of the K-50 in all areas except for ergonomics, essentially. Also, there's currently a better deal on the 18-135mm kit:

Pentax K-S2 DSLR Camera with 18-135mm WR Lens- Black 11588

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-15-2015, 04:02 AM   #18

Here are some of my shots using the K-S2 with either the 18-50 1:4-5.6 or the 50-200 1:4-5.6. I haven't looked at any from a K-50, I sort of just jumped right into the S2 because of all the additional features like wifi and interval. I find that I hardly, if ever, use most of them - the best being the tilting screen. If I could make the choice again, I wouldn't concentrate as much on these, and perhaps would look more into a camera with more lens choices. It seems like there are very few good lenses available under $600. Just thought I'd share my experience, not downing Pentax, because the lenses I do have work fantastically. I need a faster zoom lens and they are all about 1000 bucks. Oh well, at least I don't have to buy lenses with stabilization every time.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
06-15-2015, 06:36 AM   #19

well, thanks pic-nic for sharing your experiances with K-S2
so, it seems to make a bigger diff. the body won't be sufficient alone; I might have to look for lenses with fast zoom.
I guess then i should better stay with K-50 as my beginner

06-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photo dawn Quote
Ordered mine last night. It was shipped this morning. Can't wait!

Pentax K-S2 w/18-135 lens
$797 w/free shipping

PENTAX K-S2 BLACK DSLR CAMERA with 18-135MM LENS #11588 USA NEW
Very nice. I am in the market too. May check it out.
06-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just ordered the KS-2 with 18-135 kit lens! Spoke to Tony at Popflash and he was extremely helpful and accomodating. Shipped notification received already. Hoping to receive it by the end of this week. Simply cannot wait for it to arrive so I can begin my creative journey!
06-16-2015, 06:13 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ellicottva Quote
Just ordered the KS-2 with 18-135 kit lens! Spoke to Tony at Popflash and he was extremely helpful and accomodating. Shipped notification received already. Hoping to receive it by the end of this week. Simply cannot wait for it to arrive so I can begin my creative journey!
Congrats, it's a great combo!

06-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #23
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pic-nic Quote
Here are some of my shots using the K-S2 with either the 18-50 1:4-5.6 or the 50-200 1:4-5.6. I haven't looked at any from a K-50, I sort of just jumped right into the S2 because of all the additional features like wifi and interval. I find that I hardly, if ever, use most of them - the best being the tilting screen. If I could make the choice again, I wouldn't concentrate as much on these, and perhaps would look more into a camera with more lens choices. It seems like there are very few good lenses available under $600. Just thought I'd share my experience, not downing Pentax, because the lenses I do have work fantastically. I need a faster zoom lens and they are all about 1000 bucks. Oh well, at least I don't have to buy lenses with stabilization every time.
What focal length zoom? Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 are frequently around 200 USD used. Can find the sharper Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 for around 100 more. Both in K mount.

If you are looking for something longer.. say a telephoto range.. you will be paying big bucks for a fast version in any mount type.. not just Pentax.
06-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Congrats, it's a great combo!
I have a quick question. After the great deal was posted here I went ahead and took the plunge. The place where I bought the camera was Popflash Photo. I understood by speaking with them and reading their website that they are a Pentax dealer/reseller. However, I am a little concerned because their name doesn't seem to be listed on the Ricoh website. Should I be worried?

I know others have bought this camera from them. Any feedback would be very helpful. Thanks.
06-16-2015, 08:57 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I understood by speaking with them and reading their website that they are a Pentax dealer/reseller. However, I am a little concerned because their name doesn't seem to be listed on the Ricoh website. Should I be worried?
POPFLASH PHOTO is listed as an online reseller in the downloadable authorized dealer list on the US Ricoh Digital Imaging web site.
http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/files/support/Authorized_Dealer_List_10-29-14.pdf
06-17-2015, 05:05 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
POPFLASH PHOTO is listed as an online reseller in the downloadable authorized dealer list on the US Ricoh Digital Imaging web site.
http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/files/support/Authorized_Dealer_List_10-29-14.pdf
Thank you very much. I suppose I didn't look through the whole list but stopped after CA.
06-17-2015, 06:38 AM   #27

It does says free shipping but when i go on final screen, it shows at least $31. Am i doing it the wrong way ?
06-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It does says free shipping but when i go on final screen, it shows at least $31. Am i doing it the wrong way ?
Anuj I didn't have to pay any shipping. It was free. I believe there is a small 'blurb' that tells you shipping is free but you can choose alternate shipping method if you wish. I didn't have to pay anything more than $797 shipped! Hope this helps.
06-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #29

so, I have had read enough reviews for pop-flash and i was not able to decide whether positive or negative.
I have taken a deep breathe an ordered the K-S2 with DA 18-135mm WR . I have received my previous purchase of K-50 with Adorama, the other day on deal.
I haven't opened it yet. Can anybody tell if they are good with returns ?
06-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

so, I have had read enough reviews for pop-flash and i was not able to decide whether positive or negative.
I have taken a deep breathe an ordered the K-S2 with DA 18-135mm WR . I have received my previous purchase of K-50 with Adorama, the other day on deal.
I haven't opened it yet. Can anybody tell if they are good with returns ?
I ordered my ks-2 on tuesday and received it thursday by USPS priority mail with signature needed and some insurance as well. It was robustly packed and inside was a brand new KS-2 packed with a new 18-135 lens and a hood, manuals etc. I have since confirmed that they are an internet seller of Pentax cameras. Tony was very courteous when I spoke with him and more than helpful with any question I may have had. Personally I think I received much better service than I would have received from bigger wholesalers so I am very pleased and would gladly shop with them again.
However, I also ordered a remote control unit, a case logic dslr sleeve, an amazon basics tripod, and a filter. Hopefully I am all set to take nice photographs of the birds in my back yard now. I am just so thrilled to learn all about light and photography. However I had the silliest question for one of the experts on the forum.

Should I be on AF mode on the camera even if I am shooting manual or aperture mode? Or should I only be on AF when I am on Auto or Program? I am assuming for the lens that I have AF mode is appropriate even if I am using aperture setting or manual setting on my KS-2. Am I right in assuming that? Is manual mode only when I use older lenses? Please advise.