Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
K-S2 with 18-135 Lens
Posted By: photo dawn, 06-09-2015, 02:34 PM

Ordered mine last night. It was shipped this morning. Can't wait!

Pentax K-S2 w/18-135 lens
$797 w/free shipping

PENTAX K-S2 BLACK DSLR CAMERA with 18-135MM LENS #11588 USA NEW
Views: 5,344
06-21-2015, 03:45 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by ellicottva Quote
Should I be on AF mode on the camera even if I am shooting manual or aperture mode? Or should I only be on AF when I am on Auto or Program? I am assuming for the lens that I have AF mode is appropriate even if I am using aperture setting or manual setting on my KS-2. Am I right in assuming that? Is manual mode only when I use older lenses? Please advise.
While I wouldn't say I'm am expert, I do know shooting in manual or aperture mode doesn't matter when determining the type of focusing you use. AF stands for auto focus which is separate from drive modes such as auto, Scene, or manual modes. Read your lens and camera manual for more about auto focusing

06-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by ellicottva Quote
I ordered my ks-2 on tuesday and received it thursday by USPS priority mail with signature needed and some insurance as well. It was robustly packed and inside was a brand new KS-2 packed with a new 18-135 lens and a hood, manuals etc. I have since confirmed that they are an internet seller of Pentax cameras. Tony was very courteous when I spoke with him and more than helpful with any question I may have had. Personally I think I received much better service than I would have received from bigger wholesalers so I am very pleased and would gladly shop with them again.
However, I also ordered a remote control unit, a case logic dslr sleeve, an amazon basics tripod, and a filter. Hopefully I am all set to take nice photographs of the birds in my back yard now. I am just so thrilled to learn all about light and photography. However I had the silliest question for one of the experts on the forum.
Thanks for double confirmation.I did talk to Alex and he double assured me that i can get the camera in time by tomorrow or day after that.
Which remote control unit you went with. I saw one cheap one over B&H but that one was not compatible with K-S2.
Don't forget to share some good photographs which can help others as well. enjoy your new camera.