1 Like  
K50 just keeps going down
Posted By: stillshot2, 06-12-2015, 06:07 PM

$295 with a 16gb memory card included!
Pentax K-50 Digital SLR Camera Body Black - B&H Photo Video
Views: 2,302
06-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #16
Inactive Account

All things being equal, would it be wiser to spend double for a K-3 (US$699 in another thread) or this? Some reviews mention the K-50 could-be-better IQ. I previously used a K-7 and K-01 but will migrate to a Sony A7II as main gear.

06-13-2015, 10:23 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by andreid Quote
All things being equal, would it be wiser to spend double for a K-3 (US$699 in another thread) or this? Some reviews mention the K-50 could-be-better IQ. I previously used a K-7 and K-01 but will migrate to a Sony A7II as main gear.
The K-50's picture quality definitely falls short of that of the K-3, but unlike the price, it's not over twice as bad

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-14-2015, 06:20 AM   #18
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by andreid Quote
If you are new to SLR photography, this K-50 is the way to go. Get your feet wet for cheap and see if you really enjoy it. The K-50 has everything you need to take wonderful images and learn how to make photographic art.

If you are not new to SLR photography, and thus understand how to work the camera (out of Auto mode), the K-3 is probably more for you.
06-14-2015, 06:42 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a really great price for the K-50. Its a great camera, nice and compact, but a good viewfinder, good ISO performance, WR,.. That price does make it seem more "cheap", but its a quality camera. I really recommend anyone who thinks that its "too much like a toy" to go to a store and try holding one. It is a solid, quality camera.