Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
K-3 II $978.26 at Adorama
Posted By: Adam, 06-14-2015, 04:26 AM

And it looks like you can take over $100 off the K-3 II at Adorama today...

Pentax K-3 II Digital SLR Camera Body 16160

Views: 3,108
06-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
we aren't talking about unauthorized (ie black or grey market) dealers here. I think consumers are smart enough to know what they are buying and you may rest assured that a purchase via Amazon of the camera for $979 or $969 via an authorized dealer is quite possible. BTW, even Bolton's and Focus Camera(listed on amazon) are on the Pentax authorized retailers list, as is amazon.
I agree, it is certainly possible to purchase through Amazon from an authorized Pentax retailer. However, looking at the list of vendors for the K-3 II on amazon, several are likely grey market (I could not find Bolton's on the authorized reseller list). Buyers just need to be wary who the seller is, especially with a large ticket item like a K-3 II. I probably should have used the wording "warranty may not apply" in my original post, my apologies.

06-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #17
Forum Member

Location: As I said before, I quit this forum due to people so rude to each other. Bye!
QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Saville Quote
Gadgetcircuit.com does not have any ratings on resellerratings.com; so I'm extremely hesitant to buy. The layout of their website hints at being one of the stereotypical "Brooklyn scam group" sites, unfortunately. But the review site that did have 250+ ratings for them, did have positive things to say. Anybody here bought Pentax gear from them in the past?

Either way, I'm gonna click buy on one of these sites!
I was also worry a little first and search even BBS to check complains for them. I payed through PayPal to at least protect myself from scam and worry for the first day. I was waiting for phone call sale to add extra accessories but did not get any. The day after I saw UPS tracking with delivery confirmation from them making me feel a little release. I'll update here when I receive my camera next Friday.

Noted: I also was worry about buying a grey market model but from their site, they do spell out grey market model for other cameras if any so at least I can assure that the camera I buy is not grey market one.
06-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
I agree, it is certainly possible to purchase through Amazon from an authorized Pentax retailer. However, looking at the list of vendors for the K-3 II on amazon, several are likely grey market (I could not find Bolton's on the authorized reseller list). Buyers just need to be wary who the seller is, especially with a large ticket item like a K-3 II. I probably should have used the wording "warranty may not apply" in my original post, my apologies.
apology accepted now can we move along?

---------- Post added 06-19-2015 at 11:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
...I could not find Bolton's on the authorized reseller list
and yet i could
06-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
apology accepted now can we move along?
No problem, I guess we may have been looking a different revisions of the authorized reseller list. It looks like the deal is back at B&H now anyway.

06-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
List Price: $1,099.95
Price: $979.95 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: $120.00 (11%)

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
06-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #21
Forum Member

Location: As I said before, I quit this forum due to people so rude to each other. Bye!
I received my camera last Thursday from gadgetcircuit.com and everything is running great. No firmware bug or GPS bug that people has seen. They sell it for cheaper than B&H or Adorama because the FluCard is not included. However, at the time I ordered, their listing included the FluCard so they will ship the FluCard to me for free. So if you don't need the FluCard, you can order from them for $88 drop from B&H or Adorama.
06-29-2015, 06:45 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by vietnam74 Quote
I received my camera last Thursday from gadgetcircuit.com and everything is running great. No firmware bug or GPS bug that people has seen. They sell it for cheaper than B&H or Adorama because the FluCard is not included. However, at the time I ordered, their listing included the FluCard so they will ship the FluCard to me for free. So if you don't need the FluCard, you can order from them for $88 drop from B&H or Adorama.
Looks like a non "grey market" model? (Not sure if you're in the USA...)

06-29-2015, 07:00 PM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Saville Quote
Looks like a non "grey market" model? (Not sure if you're in the USA...)
It comes with a warranty card for US that has blank area to fill in the serial number. I'm in US. I don't think it's a grey market model.