Pentax K-S2 DSLR Camera Body- Black 11577

Same goes for the kit:
Pentax K-S2 DSLR Camera with 18-50mm WR Lens- Black 11599

Views: 1,478
06-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sigh! I keep thinking of getting one to complement my K-S1 but my house repair projects aren't finished yet. Hopefully the prices will stay low for another 6 months.
06-14-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I don't call that low when the K-3 is on offer for $47 extra at Adorama..
06-14-2015, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #4
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
Sigh! I keep thinking of getting one to complement my K-S1 but my house repair projects aren't finished yet. Hopefully the prices will stay low for another 6 months.
They're only going to decrease over time so long as the major vendors have them in stock at least. Day after thanksgiving (aka 'Black Friday') will be right up your alley and I am anticipating some mighty fine deals then.

06-15-2015, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

This pushed me off my fence. I was waiting for the price drop. Stone Gray on order!
06-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
They're only going to decrease over time so long as the major vendors have them in stock at least. Day after thanksgiving (aka 'Black Friday') will be right up your alley and I am anticipating some mighty fine deals then.
I'll probably look at all the Pentax cameras that are out then, that's probably the time-frame I would be looking at. Many of my lenses are full frame or full frame compatible lenses, so I could go that route. I like the idea of the pixel shifting and built-in GPS and like the looks of the samples I've seen (the O-GPS gets heavy on the camera after a while). I would love the LCD screen on the K-S2 and the ability to control the camera with a phone or iPad (I can't bend over the way I used to and it sure would be nice for macros!), as well as a light-weight weather sealed camera.

When it comes time to make a decision I'll shoot for a week or 2 exclusively with the K3 and see how I do. If I have the physical problems I've had recently it'll have to be the K-S2. If I can, then who knows?
06-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #7
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
I'll probably look at all the Pentax cameras that are out then, that's probably the time-frame I would be looking at. Many of my lenses are full frame or full frame compatible lenses, so I could go that route. I like the idea of the pixel shifting and built-in GPS and like the looks of the samples I've seen (the O-GPS gets heavy on the camera after a while). I would love the LCD screen on the K-S2 and the ability to control the camera with a phone or iPad (I can't bend over the way I used to and it sure would be nice for macros!), as well as a light-weight weather sealed camera.

When it comes time to make a decision I'll shoot for a week or 2 exclusively with the K3 and see how I do. If I have the physical problems I've had recently it'll have to be the K-S2. If I can, then who knows?
Generally late November is a FANTASTIC time to be in the market.. but I don't think anymore that the FF body will be cheap (once I did.. until I saw the price on the new DFA zooms).

06-16-2015, 07:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Generally late November is a FANTASTIC time to be in the market.. but I don't think anymore that the FF body will be cheap (once I did.. until I saw the price on the new DFA zooms).
I think the FF body will be "reasonable" - whatever that means. Ricoh wants people to buy in and the body shouldn't be a barrier to entry. The lenses are a different matter. You don't have to get one of the D-FA zooms. Go for the D-FA 50mm macro or one of the FA Limited lenses. Ricoh knows many people will go that route.
06-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #9
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
I think the FF body will be "reasonable" - whatever that means. Ricoh wants people to buy in and the body shouldn't be a barrier to entry. The lenses are a different matter. You don't have to get one of the D-FA zooms. Go for the D-FA 50mm macro or one of the FA Limited lenses. Ricoh knows many people will go that route.
I was thinking 1800-2000 for a long time.. now I'm thinking 2100-2500.

Starting out, I'd probably grab a sigma 24-70 second hand for cheap if the FF body comes into my price range... That is probably an ok move. I'm really interested in watching to see if the FF-able K mount lens market goes up in price... the second hand stuff. haha 24-70 in K mount is not super desirable right now... in six to nine months maybe much much more..
06-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #10

Also at Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-S2-Wi-Fi-Enabled-Weatherized/dp/B00SYIDZRK