Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax D FA 100mm WR @ amazon.com for $433
Posted By: amrocha, 06-25-2015, 08:47 PM

Amazon.com : Pentax smc Pentax-D FA 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro Lens + 49mm UV Filter + DavisMAX MicroFiber Cloth DavisMAX Bundle : Camera & Photo

Price: $433.89 & FREE Shipping
Views: 1,207
06-26-2015, 04:38 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't think they are an authorized dealer.
06-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
mee
Site Supporter

Yes, once again, this is not Amazon. This is not an authorized dealer but, instead, is a 3rd party vendor selling on amazon. You have have a positive experience however, Buyer beware.
06-26-2015, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

The seller is in the USA, so USA buyers have an easy return if there's an issue. And if seller is difficult Amazon and your credit card issuer provide 2 safety nets.

$433 is a great bargain.

06-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #5
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
The seller is in the USA, so USA buyers have an easy return if there's an issue. And if seller is difficult Amazon and your credit card issuer provide 2 safety nets.

$433 is a great bargain.
It is a nice price but is it really an easy return? I mean have you specifically returned an item from DavisMax? This 3rd party seller doesn't ship via amazon... I don't want anyone to get burned by just focusing on the low price alone...
06-27-2015, 12:14 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
It is a nice price but is it really an easy return? I mean have you specifically returned an item from DavisMax? This 3rd party seller doesn't ship via amazon... I don't want anyone to get burned by just focusing on the low price alone...
I haven't returned to Davismax but 3rd party returns go easy, or Amazon gets involved and it becomes easy. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200783670
06-27-2015, 05:54 AM   #7
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
I haven't returned to Davismax but 3rd party returns go easy, or Amazon gets involved and it becomes easy. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200783670
That only applies if one specifically pays through the Amazon Payments service. In over 7 years of frequently buying on Amazon, I apparently have only used the service once (checking history). So it isn't the default payment mode apparently.

And it still can contain a lot of hassle and wait.. since Amazon has to communicate with the 3rd party and they give the 3rd party ample time to handle the situation (check the details page for further info).

Just be careful! It isn't the same as dealing with Amazon directly. Nor do I suspect these 3rd parties are in the authorized dealer network.
06-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That only applies if one specifically pays through the Amazon Payments service. In over 7 years of frequently buying on Amazon, I apparently have only used the service once (checking history). So it isn't the default payment mode apparently.
Nay, sir. From Amazon's own mouth:

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Payments

06-27-2015, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #9
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Payments
You are correct. I re-read the terms again. Amazon payments only comes into effect if buying away from the amazon website so, apparently, all purchases on amazon.com are covered.

Still, dealing with hassle of communicating with amazon and 3rd party (they can be slowww).. as I know this first hand. And sometimes even amazon direct doesn't even pay for return shipping back (again know this first hand sadly).
06-27-2015, 12:05 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Recent experience with Davis Max (thru Amazon): Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
buyer beware...davismax sounds like a lot of those grey market places.

---------- Post added 06-27-15 at 03:06 PM ----------

amazon only cover places that are shipped by amazon, third parties are storefronts for their own business and are only covered by your credit card if fraudulent.
06-27-2015, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
amazon only cover places that are shipped by amazon, third parties are storefronts for their own business and are only covered by your credit card if fraudulent.
ONCE AGAIN, please refer to the previous post.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote