$713.19 now!
07-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #3

Original Poster
different seller too
07-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seeing it for $697 now, but the price is bound to fluctuate due to only a few pieces being available from each seller.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-15-2015, 02:13 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

It Was $654.00

The price went down to $654.00 and no Sale tax. Plus if you're a Prime member another 5% off. Total cost $621.00 Bam! I jumped on it.
07-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How did you get the additional 5%? I am a Prime member and dont see any discount
07-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I think that's 5% cash back for Amazon store cardholders.

07-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

If you have Amazon Store Card

QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
How did you get the additional 5%? I am a Prime member and dont see any discount

I'm sorry, I should have noted that you have to use your Amazon Store Card. It's easy to apply for, and getting back 5% on anything that is Prime, or Fulfilled by Amazon. So, I got an extra $32.70 off. However, it shows up as a credit on my Amazon Store Bill. It's a nice way to save some bucks. They also have a 6 month or 1 year with no interest, if you want that instead of the 5% off.
07-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #9

I saw that price this morning but it was a third party seller through the Amazon marketplace. I'm going to venture to say it was a gray market lens with no U.S. warranty.
07-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Fulfilled by Amazon

QuoteOriginally posted by PenTex Quote
I saw that price this morning but it was a third party seller through the Amazon marketplace. I'm going to venture to say it was a gray market lens with no U.S. warranty.
This was from "Another Deal Site" It's being fulfilled by Amazon, so I doubt that the one I got is gray market. They've been on Amazon for a number of years. They having a Star rating of 4.9 out of 5.

Worst comes to worst, I can return it and get all my money back. By the time I got home, the deal was gone and the price went back up. It would of cost me $717.00. Using my Capital One, I would only have gotten back 1.5%.

I'm happy, and looking forward to getting some great shots with it.
07-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
This was from "Another Deal Site" It's being fulfilled by Amazon, so I doubt that the one I got is gray market. They've been on Amazon for a number of years. They having a Star rating of 4.9 out of 5.

Just checked the US Ricoh authorized dealer list and 'Another Deal Site' is not listed. You most likely bought a gray market lens. Yes, Amazon will ensure your return goes smoothly but unless you're ACTUALLY buying from Amazon.com, chances are you're not buying from an authorized dealer when you shop on the Amazon marketplace. Personally, I'd rather pay the extra 60 bucks and buy from B&H for the piece of mind of having a U.S. warranty. Yes, B&H currently has the lens for $714... That should be the bigger story here.
07-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
$667 for me. Amazon also, I'm told, changes prices for people based on their cookie information and their algorithms that, from user data, predict their likelihood to buy items at certain prices.
07-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #13
Veteran Member

When It Arrives

When it gets here, I'll check with the Pentax site with the serial number. I can also ask them, if they will honor the warranty. I have 30 days to put it threw it's paces and see how it works. If you Google Gray Market & Amazon, you'll get a number of opinions. To me, if the lens is good to go, then I'll keep it. The lens is still made by Pentax. It's a Pentax Lens. The warranty, AFAIK, is only 1 year anyway from Authorized Dealer. As usual, most of the problems kick in after a year anyway. I saved @ $100. I buy from B&H and Adorama all the time. I was going to buy from B&H when the price was $717.00, which was the same for the vendor at Amazon. It's always a toss up when buying from anywhere, including EBay, Pentax Forums and KEH. Everything seems to go south, day one after the warranty ends. It doesn't matter if it's 14 days, 30 days, 90 days, or 1 year. I think Murphy's Law says it all.

---------- Post added 07-15-15 at 05:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
$667 for me. Amazon also, I'm told, changes prices for people based on their cookie information and their algorithms that, from user data, predict their likelihood to buy items at certain prices.
I use Firefox and Private browsing. It doesn't allow any cookies, so it looks as if I'm there for the 1st time.

---------- Post added 07-15-15 at 05:10 PM ----------

I just got off the phone with Amazon. I was informed this dealer is a trusted dealer with Amazon. I was also told that this item, will come with a one year warranty. I asked them to email this information to me, so that I have a record of it. I can also purchase a 3 year warranty for $49 dollars. So, we'll see and take it from there.

Last edited by glee46; 07-15-2015 at 07:51 PM.
07-15-2015, 07:07 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That's a screaming deal on a lens tht goes with me on every portrait shoot.
07-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #15
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
I wouldn't doubt this! I've noticed if I leave items in my shopping cart for a couple of days, and them come back, they have almost always lowered in price.. haha

---------- Post added 07-15-15 at 10:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
When it gets here, I'll check with the Pentax site with the serial number. I can also ask them, if they will honor the warranty. I have 30 days to put it threw it's paces and see how it works. If you Google Gray Market & Amazon, you'll get a number of opinions. To me, if the lens is good to go, then I'll keep it. The lens is still made by Pentax. It's a Pentax Lens. The warranty, AFAIK, is only 1 year anyway from Authorized Dealer. As usual, most of the problems kick in after a year anyway. I saved @ $100. I buy from B&H and Adorama all the time. I was going to buy from B&H when the price was $717.00, which was the same for the vendor at Amazon. It's always a toss up when buying from anywhere, including EBay, Pentax Forums and KEH. Everything seems to go south, day one after the warranty ends. It doesn't matter if it's 14 days, 30 days, 90 days, or 1 year. I think Murphy's Law says it all.

---------- Post added 07-15-15 at 05:05 PM ----------

I use Firefox and Private browsing. It doesn't allow any cookies, so it looks as if I'm there for the 1st time.

---------- Post added 07-15-15 at 05:10 PM ----------

I just got off the phone with Amazon. I was informed this dealer is a trusted dealer with Amazon. I was also told that this item, will come with a one year warranty. I asked them to email this information to me, so that I have a record of it. I can also purchase a 3 year warranty for $49 dollars. So, we'll see and take it from there.
Amazon isn't handling the warranty, Ricoh is. Have you communicated with Ricoh?