Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K3II - Someone please grab them, or else i will...
Posted By: Capture Lights, 08-05-2015, 06:39 AM

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Pentax K-3II Pentax DSLR (Body Only)
Views: 1,493
08-05-2015, 07:07 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
86% positive rating on seller is about as low as I've seen. Beware?
08-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rickn Quote
its amazon warehousedeals, their percentage is aggregated throughout all their products.
worst thing you can expect is their hassles return.

=)
08-05-2015, 07:20 AM   #4
mee
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It seems if the items don't get bought, on Amazon Warehouse, over time they lower in price until they are bought.. so you could have just not said a word and let them continue to decrease until they got in your price range. That said these are likely the returns that another member was mentioning in another thread.. I believe a couple of them exhibited the 'cant turn off' issue so FYI and YMMV.

Also, recently, I've had Amazon ship me an item (Neti Pot actually) labeled as NEW and direct from Amazon. When I got it, it was clearly opened (USED - eww). Then I bought a used item on the Warehouse (Modem) that was listed in Like New condition. When I got it, it appeared (I'm hoping that is what it is) to be caked in dirt on the bottom foot and generally was in what I'd consider 'Poor' condition, Amazon Warehouse charged me shipping to take it back. Unhappy about that.. but still.. I think this is why their rating is so low. They're getting sloppy.

08-05-2015, 07:27 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rickn Quote
The link shows Amazon returns, not a 3rd party seller. I'd expect returns to have a lower than usual satisfaction rate.
08-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
(Neti Pot actually) labeled as NEW and direct from Amazon. When I got it, it was clearly opened (USED - eww).
08-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My experience with the warehouse deals is very positive.
08-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I wonder if many of these were returned because of the serial number. And some may have been returned before the service advisory was issued.

08-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #9
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I wonder if many of these were returned because of the serial number. And some may have been returned before the service advisory was issued.
Like I aforementioned.. a PF member here bought 4 from Amazon recently and returned all 4. IIRC a couple of them had the issue present while the others were just within the serial.. so it is a gamble as to what you get.
08-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Like I aforementioned.. a PF member here bought 4 from Amazon recently and returned all 4. IIRC a couple of them had the issue present while the others were just within the serial.. so it is a gamble as to what you get.
Isn't Pentax going to fix them if they are the one's with the power switch issue?
08-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #11

Most of those are my cameras :-) I have returned four cameras to Amazon. Good if you don't care about the shutdown problem or if you want to send your camera to Pentax. Sadly, Amazon still don't recognize that there is a problem with the camera and they are paying for return shipping and then sell the cameras on their warehouse section for cheap. They are very clean and barely used and you can consider them as open box. Let me know if you got one with farhaddad in the photos copyrights. I have noticed that the copyrights are not cleared when you reset the camera to factory settings and I was too lazy to remove it myself :-P

Last edited by farhaddad; 08-05-2015 at 10:56 AM.
08-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by farhaddad Quote
Most of those are my cameras :-) I have returned four cameras to Amazon. Good if you don't care about the shutdown problem or if you want to send your camera to Pentax. Sadly, Amazon still don't recognize that there is a problem with the camera and they are paying for return shipping and then sell the cameras on their warehouse section for cheap. They are very clean and barely used and you can consider them as open box. Let me know if you got one with farhaddad in the photos copyrights. I have noticed that the copyrights are not cleared when you reset the camera to factory settings and I was too lazy to remove it myself :-P
Interesting. I wouldn't be worried about it if Pentax will repair or replace. But that's a hassle if you paid brand new pricing for them. Nice to get them on bargain but annoying to have to ship them back and buy elsewhere for you paying full price.
08-05-2015, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Interesting. I wouldn't be worried about it if Pentax will repair or replace. But that's a hassle if you paid brand new pricing for them. Nice to get them on bargain but annoying to have to ship them back and buy elsewhere for you paying full price.
I agree! I wouldn't mind buying it myself for $250 less and send it to Pentax for a fix! This is a very good offer IMO. I believe that you could still return it even if you buy it from the warehouse. So, I think it is very much worth a try.
08-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

Most of those are my cameras :-)
I agree! I wouldn't mind buying it myself for $250 less and send it to Pentax for a fix! This is a very good offer IMO. I believe that you could still return it even if you buy it from the warehouse. So, I think it is very much worth a try.
You may be the only person who can legitimately do this, as the Ricoh Imaging US warranty is "to the original retail purchaser for a period of one year from date of purchase". If someone purchases a return from the Amazon warehouse will Ricoh give them a hard time on the warranty claim? Of course the rules may be different depending on your state.
08-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
You may be the only person who can legitimately do this, as the Ricoh Imaging US warranty is "to the original retail purchaser for a period of one year from date of purchase". If someone purchases a return from the Amazon warehouse will Ricoh give them a hard time on the warranty claim? Of course the rules may be different depending on your state.
Intersting! I actually registered the first camera I got on there website!