Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread

Almost free Canon photo printer
Posted By: Adam, 08-11-2015, 12:19 PM

I love these deals when they're available. You can essentially get this Canon printer for $11 if you count the value of the free paper that's included:

Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

Remember to use the promo code shown below at checkout.

Regular price: $399.99
Final price w/ $100 off promo code PSWBH15 at checkout: $299.99
Mail in rebate: $250 (amex card)
Final cost: $49.99
Free paper value: $38.41
Net printer price: $11.58

NB: the $100 off promo code expires 8/16

Views: 13,848
08-16-2015, 01:20 PM - 2 Likes   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by michael3442 Quote
Hey guys, I don't think you're reading my note correctly. The point is that the "mail-in" rebate IS the Amex gift card. You send in the rebate form and you get a gift card back in the mail. The bottom line price you see is AFTER the rebate is deducted from the price. I have asked twice for someone (Adam) to post the original link, take a screen shot, copy & paste the text showing the Aug. 16th cut off date, and nobody will post any of this information. I checked the Internet Wayback Machine and posted the link showing there is no such page in the archive. So - show us the money. Show all of us actual information not just assumptions as to how it should be. I really want this promotion to be true, but so far nobody can actually prove it. Please do and I'll be forever indebted to you (well, maybe not forever...). Thanks.
As someone who had no problem ordering the printer, after easily seeing and checking the link to the rebate, I find that comment a bit harsh. Here is a link from my order to the rebate form hosted by B&H, hope that helps you. The rebate looks to last longer than what B&H likely hosted their sale due to inventory. Not surprised you can't right now resurrect an expired page.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/Rebates_Promos/082915_CANO10_ALONE.pdf

08-16-2015, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the assistance. I've actually done all of that from my very first effort. Can someone post the actual text, like I did, that shows a lower final price than $149....
I don't think you will ever see a price lower than $149 displayed on the website. The $100 from the promo code only comes off when you've put it into the cart and applied the code. Once you're looking at it in the cart, BandH stops mentioning the $250 Amex card rebate, so you'll never see these two discounts applied at the same time.

You pay BandH $299 for the printer (and "free" pack of paper). This price is available to anyone with the code, which according to Adam expires today (I dunno where the code is from, but it still is active as I post this).

After receiving the printer, you fill out the rebate form:

(which is only available to those in the US and why I, living in Canada, won't be purchasing this) and Canon USA sends you an Amex card with $250 on it. This is a separate promotion that really has nothing to do with BandH except that they are an authorized Canon Dealer. You can see this rebate promotion on Canon USA's website, (the PIXMA Pro Printer Mail-in-Rebate):

Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office

It's not unusual for a dealer to give a little sale (in this case $100 off) to an item that the manufacturer has a customer mail-in rebate promotion to make an item even more appealing to the consumer. In reality you're paying $299 plus whatever taxes etc. apply to that amount (I dunno what happens down there). You're getting the printer (and some paper) plus $250 on an Amex card later in the mail. I'm not sure if that clears it up or how else you're expecting this to work?
08-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #63

This has not been an intuitive process. Below is the link with the hot link to the $250 rebate (gift card).

You Pay: $399.99
Mail-In Rebate: $250.00
Price after rebate: $149.99
Offer ends AUG 29 '15

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo Printer

You Pay: $299.99

MoreComing Soon

Estimated arrival at B&H is 7-14 business days. An authorization for this product will be processed upon placing the order. You will be charged for this item at the time of Shipment.
PayPal Orders
PayPal orders will be charged when the order is placed. International Orders
For international orders, credit cards will be charged at the time you place your order.
Keep Shopping View Cart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cart

Item Qty Price Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo Printer Includes free item(s)
1 $299.99 SubTotal: $299.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: Free
Order Total: $ 299.99

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available Rebates

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone not familiar with the Wayback Machine, you can learn about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayback_Machine

I hope this level of detail will help others who did not find this process intuitive. Apparently the promotion has been extended to Aug. 29th.
08-16-2015, 04:11 PM   #64
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I hope this level of detail will help others who did not find this process intuitive. Apparently the promotion has been extended to Aug. 29th.
The $100 coupon code expires today (8/16); the mail-in rebate offer from Canon expires on the 29th.

The way back machine isn't going to help you in this case, as the coupon offer was only advertised directly to affiliates and to Photoshop World attendees. Canon's terms/conditions most likely prohibit B&H from advertising the printer for less than $399 on the product page, hence the necessity for a coupon code.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Hi Michael, the price is 400, but there is a discount code in the initial post that takes it down to 300. You enter that at check out. After that you can do the mail in rebate for 250 back, in an AmEx card. Those are the two steps. Does that make sense?
08-16-2015, 05:48 PM   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
Hi Michael, the price is 400, but there is a discount code in the initial post that takes it down to 300. You enter that at check out. After that you can do the mail in rebate for 250 back, in an AmEx card. Those are the two steps. Does that make sense?
Nick, thanks, it makes sense now. See my post above, #63.
08-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Nick, thanks, it makes sense now. See my post above, #63.
Ah, sorry, those last posts didn't load and I was responding to an older one. Glad it worked out for you!

08-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I love these deals when they're available. You can essentially get this Canon printer for $11 if you count the value of the free paper that's included:

Remember to use the promo code shown below at checkout.

Regular price: $399.99
Final price w/ $100 off promo code PSWBH15 at checkout: $299.99
Mail in rebate: $250 (amex card)
Final cost: $49.99
Free paper value: $38.41
Net printer price: $11.58

NB: the $100 off promo code expires 8/16
Thanks for sharing. Jumped in....
08-18-2015, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I started a thread for this printer here ->https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/32-digital-processing-software-printing/3...ml#post3345644
I know I will have questions when mine arrives. Hopefully this will help people out.

Michael
08-19-2015, 04:40 AM   #70

Photos: Albums
Mines on backorder. Wonder if it will mess with the rebate.
08-19-2015, 04:54 AM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by oneeyedhawk Quote
Seen the UPS driver arrive at the front door with this huge box last night. That killed my the rest of my free time last evening, just getting it out of the box and on to the side table was a job. It was up and printing with the usb cable and included software in about an hour. Took a little longer to set up the wireless printing. Went on line and download the new windows 10 drivers from cannon's web site.
The ink cartridges that came with the printer were all filled to the top. The BH web site did say the box contained "starter" ink but after printing several photos the the ink levels showed little change. Are there ink cartridges that are larger in size and contain more ink when purchased at a store?
That is one great deal, the free 3 day UPS shipping, no taxes, 50 sheets of photo paper, $100 discount code and rebates.. I bought the Precision Color refill kit for $94 and chip changer included. Will see if that works, And Yes make sure you use a separate new cartridge to refill the yellow ink.
Hank
I'd be very interested to hear about your experiences with the refill inks, when you get around to using them. Have you used them with other printers? (I just bought a PRO-100, too.) I've always avoided refill kits before, but the huge price difference from Canon ink has got my attention. I look forward to your thoughts on print quality, which is paramount.
08-19-2015, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ink refills

I have been using the Pixma pro 100 for several days. Printed several test pages, then about 10, 8x11 full page color photos and now with the free 13x19 pro semi-gloss, printed 6 full size. I checked the ink levels by removing them from the printer and showed only about 10% usage on the greatest used cartridge. I have refilled ink on HP printers with some success and on older canon printers. The biggest problem I have is dry ink, Living in Colorado where the humidity can be as low as 5% the refilled cartridges clog up fast if not covered properly and if the printer is not used for a while, it won't print. I find my older canon printers ink dried up faster than HP. This is the first Cannon I used for some time and the ink refill kit sold by Precision Colors looks to be widely accepted. There web site explains how to refill, wash out, and what precautions to take when refiling. Will try again when the ink kits arrive. Still the Cannon cartridges so far seem to be a good deal at $108 a set of 8.
Hank
08-19-2015, 10:00 AM   #73
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Mine came today. Holy cow is that thing big. I am overwhelmed. It dwarfs the desk I intended to put in on. I am doing set up with it on the floor. :-)

eta: Now I am reading about color space and I am even more overwhelmed. Anyone have a link to a guide about how to get started with this? Their included plug in only works with photoshop or lightroom, not my motley collection of free photo programs. (FastStone, GIMP, LightZone, etc.)
Yes, it is huge. I have mine on a very dense/sturdy office desk that I have converted into a worktable. Stability is very important since the print head and carriage have a fair amount of inertia.

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
1: Mine came today too, and the pics online are deceiving. It's humungous!
2: I'm kinda scared to actually try to print with it. I have no idea where to start to get good results and would prefer not to waste all my starter ink trying to figure it out. So I'm making a similar plea as Nick... anybody know how to do this right?
I made a few 4x6 prints to get started. Less scary. I started a thread for advice about the settings here.

Geomez, did you get your paper too? Mine didn't come yet, which makes me nervous about the rebate. :-S
The ICC profile for printing issue is pretty sticky. Ideally, you should print to the profile for the paper being used*. Many imaging software provide the means to do this from within the program. You can also set this using the printer driver directly. Lightroom is particularly good for this since it provides the means to "soft proof" to the profile and paper and make edits targeted to that profile.

Steve

* Usually available from the paper maker
08-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SininStyle Quote
Mines on backorder. Wonder if it will mess with the rebate.
Mine was on backorder too, but now it will be here Friday. As stated before I started a new thread for this printer for questions. I know I will have plenty.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/32-digital-processing-software-printing/3...nter-home.html

Would probably be better to keep all of questions to that thread rather than in here.

Michael
08-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

canon pro paper with registration

I just registered my canon pixma 100 and received my 50% off offer for paper. I went to the canon online store where they were offering there premium paper at buy one get 2 free offer. I put a total of $510 dollars of paper in my cart and applied the product code they gave me on registration and with the 2 free packages per each one purchased the total was $89. That is 150 sheets Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte 13" x 19" ,Thirty sheets Photo Paper Pro Platinum 13x19 , 150 sheets Photo Paper Pro Luster 8.5x11. Another great deal even if the list prices are inflated in the canon store are not the same price you would pay at B&H or Adorama.
Hank