Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Almost free Canon photo printer
Posted By: Adam, 08-11-2015, 12:19 PM

I love these deals when they're available. You can essentially get this Canon printer for $11 if you count the value of the free paper that's included:

Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

Remember to use the promo code shown below at checkout.

Regular price: $399.99
Final price w/ $100 off promo code PSWBH15 at checkout: $299.99
Mail in rebate: $250 (amex card)
Final cost: $49.99
Free paper value: $38.41
Net printer price: $11.58

NB: the $100 off promo code expires 8/16

Views: 13,839
08-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I own the Pro 100 and it is a fantastic printer if dye-based ink is OK. This is an exceptional deal, particularly if free shipping is included. The Pro 100 has a large footprint and is VERY heavy.

Steve
08-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's incredible! Too bad I'm not looking for a printer.
08-11-2015, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So depending on how you look at it, it's either $49.99 with free paper or $11.58 when you purchase a pack of paper.

I just pulled the trigger btw.
Now I can take back the HP all-in-one inkjet I purchased from Costco yesterday.

08-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #5

Is the rebate on Amex only?
08-11-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Canon does this all the time. The printer is a giveaway. The ink... well, prepare to be reamed... ask me how I know.
08-11-2015, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MyTZuS Quote
Is the rebate on Amex only?
You receive an American Express rewards card that is the rebate.

08-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I got the same printer a couple years ago with a similar deal - very happy with mine!
08-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Canon does this all the time. The printer is a giveaway. The ink... well, prepare to be reamed... ask me how I know.
Very true! Although I think this is pretty much the same with any printer brand.

I should probably go for one of these deals everytime they are on sale. Next time I run out of ink, instead of running out to buy ink in an emergency, I would just grab a brand new printer from my big stockpile of printers in the garage.

Too bad the starter ink packs don't last too long.
08-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
The ink... well, prepare to be reamed... ask me how I know.
Yeah...about $18 USD per cartridge, though that is about the same as for other Canon printers.

Steve
08-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
So depending on how you look at it, it's either $49.99 with free paper or $11.58 when you purchase a pack of paper.

I just pulled the trigger btw.
Now I can take back the HP all-in-one inkjet I purchased from Costco yesterday.
We can thank B&H for the hefty rebate. If you buy the printer only (without paper) then you're not eligible for the $250 rebate (it's $150 or 200, can't remember).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Considering the cost of ink and this printers apparent ability to print high quality images up to 13 x 19 inches, does anybody know if this is a more cost effective method of printing than paying a company to print 13 x 19 for you? Is it cheaper to do it at home or are you just paying extra for the convenience of doing it at home?
08-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #13

Here's an article on printing costs for the PRO-100 -- Cost of Inkjet Printing Report Canon PRO-100

The rebate Canon provides as others have said is an American Express gift card, which you can use at many retail stores including Walmart. Some banks may give you cash for the card. There is a small fee that gets deducted from the card if you don't spend the entire sum within a few months of receiving it. I don't recall the specifics of this fee, but it's not very much. Canon is quick to send the rebate, especially if you pre-file the rebate forms on-line, but you still need to send in the receipt, bar code, etc.

If you already have a PRO-100, buying another one with this offer is less than half the price of a full set of ink cartridges, which is about $110. And you also get photo paper and a spare print head. Canon doesn't seem to mind if you buy another printer as long as it's not during the same rebate cycle (at least they haven't in the past).

Precision Colors sells the necessary supplies for refilling the OEM ink cartridges if you're interested in going that route.

B&H also is selling the PRO-10 and PRO-1 for $250 and $450 respectively if you use the code mentioned by Adam. Both use pigment ink, instead of the dye ink in the PRO-100.
08-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #14

Does Canon use smaller ink cartridge with new printers or is it the same size as what you would normally buy? Some believe that the ink cartridges that you get with a new printer are actually smaller than those you would usually buy. I don't know how accurate that belief is.

QuoteOriginally posted by T Evergreen Quote
Here's an article on printing costs for the PRO-100 -- Cost of Inkjet Printing Report Canon PRO-100

If you already have a PRO-100, buying another one with this offer is less than half the price of a full set of ink cartridges, which is about $110. And you also get photo paper and a spare print head. Canon doesn't seem to mind if you buy another printer as long as it's not during the same rebate cycle (at least they haven't in the past).

Last edited by farhaddad; 08-11-2015 at 07:38 PM.
08-11-2015, 07:27 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam! I bought one. Has to be better than my all-in-one printer.