Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread

Almost free Canon photo printer
Posted By: Adam, 08-11-2015, 12:19 PM

I love these deals when they're available. You can essentially get this Canon printer for $11 if you count the value of the free paper that's included:

Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

Remember to use the promo code shown below at checkout.

Regular price: $399.99
Final price w/ $100 off promo code PSWBH15 at checkout: $299.99
Mail in rebate: $250 (amex card)
Final cost: $49.99
Free paper value: $38.41
Net printer price: $11.58

NB: the $100 off promo code expires 8/16

Views: 13,853
08-15-2015, 09:03 AM   #46

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
I made a few 4x6 prints to get started. Less scary. I started a thread for advice about the settings here.

Geomez, did you get your paper too? Mine didn't come yet, which makes me nervous about the rebate. :-S
The rebate depends on the date of purchase which should be between July 5 and August 29, so you have nothing to be nervous about :-) Congrats on your purchase.

08-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Printer arrived last night

Seen the UPS driver arrive at the front door with this huge box last night. That killed my the rest of my free time last evening, just getting it out of the box and on to the side table was a job. It was up and printing with the usb cable and included software in about an hour. Took a little longer to set up the wireless printing. Went on line and download the new windows 10 drivers from cannon's web site.
The ink cartridges that came with the printer were all filled to the top. The BH web site did say the box contained "starter" ink but after printing several photos the the ink levels showed little change. Are there ink cartridges that are larger in size and contain more ink when purchased at a store?
That is one great deal, the free 3 day UPS shipping, no taxes, 50 sheets of photo paper, $100 discount code and rebates.. I bought the Precision Color refill kit for $94 and chip changer included. Will see if that works, And Yes make sure you use a separate new cartridge to refill the yellow ink.
Hank
08-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Decided to pull to the trigger on this one. I really do not have a decent photo printer. My HP All-In_one is getting old and does not really print all that well anymore. I usually use Costco but that is getting to be a pain these days. I really like the ability to print larger size. Hopefully this will get me back to printing stuff again. I have not been very happy with my last two HP printers, I was able to get the color profiles quite right. The photos done by Costco basically looked like what was on my screen, i never could really get that printing at home.

Michael
08-15-2015, 08:50 PM   #49

Adam, I tried purchasing this printer but it doesn't go through as you described. Where did you find the original promotion that lists August 16 as the end date? The only promotion I could find results in a final price of $149 and that includes the rebate amount with an end date of Aug. 29. I entered the correct promotion code and this is what comes up:
You Pay: $399.99
Mail-In Rebate: $250.00
Price after rebate: $149.99
Offer ends AUG 29 '15

The fact that this offer ends on Aug 29th makes me think that you may have come across another promo that they took down. I searched the promotion code and see that they use the same code over and over for different promotions. So, if you can direct us to the original ad, that may get us the deal you posted. Thanks.

08-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #50

Adam, I just tried to find the promo you mentioned (ending Aug. 16) by using the Internet Wayback Machine and the earliest mention in 2015 of a promotion on B&H for the Pro-100 is on Aug. 12 and that promo ends on Aug. 29th. Here's the link: https://web.archive.org/web/20150812131638/http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pro...981&
08-15-2015, 10:51 PM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
I made a few 4x6 prints to get started. Less scary. I started a thread for advice about the settings here.

Geomez, did you get your paper too? Mine didn't come yet, which makes me nervous about the rebate. :-S

My paper hasn't come yet. I checked my order on B&H and it's scheduled to arrive on Monday.
08-16-2015, 02:11 AM   #52
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by michael3442 Quote
Adam, I tried purchasing this printer but it doesn't go through as you described. Where did you find the original promotion that lists August 16 as the end date? The only promotion I could find results in a final price of $149 and that includes the rebate amount with an end date of Aug. 29. I entered the correct promotion code and this is what comes up:
You Pay: $399.99
Mail-In Rebate: $250.00
Price after rebate: $149.99
Offer ends AUG 29 '15

The fact that this offer ends on Aug 29th makes me think that you may have come across another promo that they took down. I searched the promotion code and see that they use the same code over and over for different promotions. So, if you can direct us to the original ad, that may get us the deal you posted. Thanks.
The deal is still live (just checked) and should remain online until about 11:59 EST today. You have to click on the link in this post, and you have to apply the stated promo code. You will not be able to apply the promo code if you do not use the link in the post (i.e. navigate directly to the product page).

The lower price won't be shown until you proceed to checkout.

Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2015, 06:40 AM   #53

Adam, I'm afraid it doesn't work. I just switched computers and browsers (IExplorer: one with no blockers) and the result is the same. In my note to you I mentioned that I used the Internet Wayback Machine to locate the original offer, but it does not seem to exist. I also asked if you can tell us where you came across the original ad. Can you check your browser history and locate the URL? And why don't you try the link yourself and enter the code right up to the step when you have to enter your credit card - this would be very helpful to those of us who want to capture this extraordinary deal. Thanks.
08-16-2015, 07:24 AM   #54

Michael,
It wasn't working for me earlier, but it did work for me today, and I got my order in. I had to empty my cart, and open the URL from a new browser (IE, like you, no adblockers).

Click Add to Cart, and it should pop up a window showing information on the printer.
Click View cart, and you should get My Cart, with two big buttons near the upper right - "Keep Shopping" and "Begin Check Out"

Scroll down a bit, under the printer information, and under the "Square Trade protection plan" checkboxes

On the left side of the page, you'll see "Helpful links"

The "Enter Promo Code" area should be in that "Helpful Links" area.

Also, the printer is normally $399. If the price in your cart is $299 after you hit View Cart, the promo code may have already been applied.

Good luck!
08-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam, I'm afraid it doesn't work. I just switched computers and browsers (IExplorer: one with no blockers) and the result is the same. In my note to you I mentioned that I used the Internet Wayback Machine to locate the original offer, but it does not seem to exist. I also asked if you can tell us where you came across the original ad. Can you check your browser history and locate the URL? And why don't you try the link yourself and enter the code right up to the step when you have to enter your credit card - this would be very helpful to those of us who want to capture this extraordinary deal. Thanks.
I just tried the link and it still worked for me. As stated earlier you must use the link at the top of this thread, if you do not use the link here it will not work.
* you must be logged into your BH account
* you must add the item to your cart
* you must be logged into your B&H account
* you have to go to your cart to add the promo code to get the discount.

MIchael
08-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #56

Thanks for the assistance. I've actually done all of that from my very first effort. Can someone post the actual text, like I did, that shows a lower final price than $149 AND that shows an expiration date of Aug.16th? The way the details of the promo read is that the $149 price includes the rebate in the form of an Amex card and the end date is Aug. 29. Having an actual link to the original promotion would be helpful, the page at the end of the link given by Adam leads to a page with a promo that ends on Aug. 29.
08-16-2015, 10:45 AM   #57

Thanks for the assistance. I've actually done all of that from my very first effort. Can someone post the actual text, like I did, that shows a lower final price than $149 AND that shows an expiration date of Aug.16th? The way the details of the promo read is that the $149 price includes the rebate in the form of an Amex card and the end date is Aug. 29. Having an actual link to the original promotion would be helpful, the page at the end of the link given by Adam leads to a page with a promo that ends on Aug. 29.
I'm not understanding what the problem is regarding this offer. If you click on the link posted by Adam, you'll end up at a page that says the
price is $399.99 and that is reduced to $149.99 after the rebate. That offer ends August 29th. If you add the printer to your cart and then view your cart, you'll see that the promo code has already been applied and the purchase price has been reduced to $299.99, instead of the original $399.99. After you receive the $250 rebate Amex gift card, you're final price for the printer is $49.99 and this offer ends today.
08-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #58
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Canon does this all the time. The printer is a giveaway. The ink... well, prepare to be reamed... ask me how I know.
That's the key with printers. Always check the cost of ink.

I had a Canon years ago and it drank ink like the town drunk on 10 cent beer night. Not sure if that's still true, but I believe Canon puts chips in their cartridges so that refills and 3rd party ones absolutely don't work. They are the most unkind on that policy, at least last time I checked. Some printers will refuse to print unless *all* cartridges are full as well (had a Samsung that did that).

I find that unless you print a ton of photos, though, you're better served using your local photo printing service, Shutterfly, or Adorama Pix for printing.
08-16-2015, 11:18 AM - 2 Likes   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I see people complaning about cost. I used to have my own darkroom years ago, thousands of dollars in equipment. Paper and chemicals would run into the hundreds of dollars and then of course there was film. Now all you have to worry about is some ink and paper. You don't have to worry about paying for processing images you do not want. It all cost money one way or the other. The advantage of printing at home is that you have total control over the end result.

Michael
08-16-2015, 12:28 PM   #60

Hey guys, I don't think you're reading my note correctly. The point is that the "mail-in" rebate IS the Amex gift card. You send in the rebate form and you get a gift card back in the mail. The bottom line price you see is AFTER the rebate is deducted from the price. I have asked twice for someone (Adam) to post the original link, take a screen shot, copy & paste the text showing the Aug. 16th cut off date, and nobody will post any of this information. I checked the Internet Wayback Machine and posted the link showing there is no such page in the archive. So - show us the money. Show all of us actual information not just assumptions as to how it should be. I really want this promotion to be true, but so far nobody can actually prove it. Please do and I'll be forever indebted to you (well, maybe not forever...). Thanks.