Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax and other bags sale
Posted By: Vemobydam, 08-26-2015, 12:19 PM

Pentax DSLR Adventure Camera Gadget Bag for US$35.63 from 59.

Pentax Adventure Gadget Bag for DSLR Camera 85115

Tenba Discovery: Mini Photo/Laptop Messenger for US$ 49.95 from 110. I like very much this bag.
Tenba Discovery: Mini Photo/Laptop Messenger (Black/Gray)

Manfrotto Pro Shoulder Bag 50 for US$49.95 from 112 and previously 210. This one is huge!
Manfrotto Pro Shoulder Bag 50 MB MP-SB-50BB B&H Photo Video
Views: 966
08-26-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Inside photo of the Pentax Adventure Gadget Bag can be seen on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-85115-Adventure-Gadget-DSLR/dp/B004EHZDX4
08-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the Pentax bag and use it a lot. I currently have it configured without the flaps and my K3 with a DA*200 fits nicely longwise in the bag. One of the end pouches is big enough to put a DA Limited in the leather case (minimal padding however) and there is room for some sd cards, remotes, etc in the front flap.
08-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I also have the Pentax Adventure Gadget Bag; however, I do not believe it is worth $35 (on sale?)!

I would say this is maybe comparable to a $25 bag, at most. I seem to recall it was selling for much less than that, a few months ago.

Pros:
- Uses a zipper rather than just velcro, which keeps little things from falling out.
- The zipper also minimizes air exchange (and condensation) when transiting between indoors and outdoors.
- Looks nice (purely subjective)
- As UncleVanya pointed out, it's good for storing a camera lengthwise, which is my preferred orientation, as opposed to lens-down holster-style. This is due to its rather shallow depth (which is a plus for me, I can't stand bags where stuff gets jammed in the bottom and you have to stack more stuff on top of it.)

Cons:
- The padding is thin. Like, probably thinner than any other bag you own.
- Rather flimsy construction, doesn't hold its shape very well.
- Strap is kinda short, especially if you like to wear the strap diagonally across the chest.

Last edited by Tanzer; 08-26-2015 at 03:41 PM.
08-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
I also have the Pentax Adventure Gadget Bag; however, I do not believe it is worth $35 (on sale?)!

I would say this is maybe comparable to a $25 bag, at most. I seem to recall it was selling for much less than that, a few months ago.

Pros:
- Uses a zipper rather than just velcro, which keeps little things from falling out.
- The zipper also minimizes air exchange (and condensation) when transiting between indoors and outdoors.
- Looks nice (purely subjective)
- As UncleVanya pointed out, it's good for storing a camera lengthwise, which is my preferred orientation, as opposed to lens-down holster-style. This is due to its rather shallow depth (which is a plus for me, I can't stand bags where stuff gets jammed in the bottom and you have to stack more stuff on top of it.)

Cons:
- The padding is thin. Like, probably thinner than any other bag you own.
- Rather flimsy construction, doesn't hold its shape very well.
- Strap is kinda short, especially if you like to wear the strap diagonally across the chest.
I agree with pretty much all of this, I got the bag free with a K-50 and really liked the size for a camera with a lens mounted. I did not use the dividers in it, instead using them for extra padding. Some of the seams started fraying so I quit using it. I took it to work to house a KS-2 and 18-135, where it will just be used to store it in a cabinet. It was a heck of a free bag, but when I just got a Lowepro Nova Sport 7L AW Shoulder Bag for $16.00, I sure wouldn't pay more than $10 for the Pentax bag.