Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

K-3 for $649 w/ free DA 50mm and flash (Black Friday)
Posted By: Adam, 09-17-2015, 01:32 PM

A nice K-3 deal has just gone up at Adorama (free 50mm lens and flash + K-3 for $649.00):

Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body 15530

While the deal surely won't last, it's nice to finally get a break from the stubborn price tag of $749 at US authorized dealers.

Views: 23,300
11-01-2015, 09:33 AM   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by obriendm Quote
Price for this bundle is now $749. 😓
Yeah but you can get the body and flash at B&H for $649 or the body, 50mm and battery grip for $749 as I mentioned above but it got buried a little.

11-01-2015, 09:49 AM   #182
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's why I jumped on it earlier, as we don't know when great deals will end. The $649 deal started mid September, so it was on for quite awhile.
11-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #183

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
I've copied all the comments above over to our shipping manager, and am awaiting a response back. It's true they do use a vacuum sealer bag machine (can't remember its proper name!) for a number of items. But my understanding has always been that an assessment is carried out on items that are shipped via this method to ensure they arrive safely.
Now, I donít know whether the shipping department has actually received any complaints about this particular item previously - but they have now!!

Ultimately, if an item arrived damaged there is no issue replacing it, which suggests to me that in the cases described above, either the percentage of those damaged are so small that it's been felt that it is a sound business decision, OR these were sporadic errors by packing team members.

It would be helpful if anyone who has received items or packaging that has been damaged due to being shipped in one of these bags could email me directly with your order number, so we can look at this. If you have pictures even better.

Finally, the option of an 'exception pick' is always available - where your order is pulled from the automated packing process and packed as requested. However, I appreciate that this is not always convenient or possible for customers who prefer to only use online ordering.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this caused, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Helen, thank you very much for being active on these forums and for helping with our concerns and problems!
11-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #184
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I agree. The K3 that I ordered from this thread arrived yesterday. Know how I knew it was delivered? I heard a loud THUD! sound hit my front door. It sounded like someone threw a basketball at my door. I opened the door to see what the sound was, and the box was laying on the ground and the UPS guy was getting back into his truck. No doorbell or anything. I guess the box hitting the door was his way of knocking. Luckily, the K3 was surrounded in bubble strips inside of a well packed box. I'd hate to see how a poorly packed lens would fair with the same treatment.

I keep all camera and lens boxes. If I ever decide to sell the equipment, having the box helps the sale.
I try not to use UPS or FedEx Home unless it is to my work address (they tend not to throw things in office buildings as much). Throwing the package at your door and leaving is unacceptable - BUT I blame executives and management for pushing their workers beyond what is humanly reasonable to deliver so many items in one day without hiring more help. (Oh, but that would endanger their precious manager bonuses and such!!!).

---------- Post added 11-01-15 at 11:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reeko Quote
Helen, thank you very much for being active on these forums and for helping with our concerns and problems!
Too bad Helen had to get involved in the first place! Make sure to complain if they packed the lens in such a flimsy way, the only way to help prevent it in future!

My Dad told me a story once about the time when the post office dock worker threw a very heavy box of encyclopedias into the sorting hamper - CRASH, tinkle, tinkle. My Dad took out the completely crushed box of fine (very expensive) crystal that was underneath the massive encyclopedias. Good thing they don't sell those anymore!

Last edited by goldenarrow; 11-01-2015 at 10:56 AM.
11-04-2015, 03:39 AM   #185
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The deal is back today @ 649.
Joe

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 05:45 AM ----------

Just went back up to 749 before my eyes .HA HA
Joe
11-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #186
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stargeezer Quote
The deal is back today @ 649.
Joe

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 05:45 AM ----------

Just went back up to 749 before my eyes .HA HA
Joe
Saw that myself but if you reload and

hit 'add to cart' quickly, it stays at $649 in the shopping cart.. Don't know if they will honor that price or not.
11-04-2015, 06:41 AM   #187

You can find the deal here -- Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body 15530 -- and didn't notice any price changes on that web page.
11-08-2015, 09:19 AM   #188
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by reeko Quote
I received the DA 50mm 1.8 but they sent the flimsy lens box in a thin bubble wrap envelope!

The lens is fine but the box is all crunched up and ripped, and now Adorama is blaming UPS for it and wants UPS to investigate NO!

Is that a common thing with Adorama now? I never received anything from them before in that a sh***y packaging.
Can you please email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number so We can take a closer look at this?

thank you

11-08-2015, 09:33 AM   #189
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have requested Adorama to put on my profile, to NOT ship my backordered lens in a bubble-wrap envelope. I certainly hope they will honor this request, as soon we will be in the Christmas rush of shipping, and packages are much more likely to be damaged. Of course, I have no idea when this B/O will even be shipped, it's going on 4 weeks.
11-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #190
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I have requested Adorama to put on my profile, to NOT ship my backordered lens in a bubble-wrap envelope. I certainly hope they will honor this request, as soon we will be in the Christmas rush of shipping, and packages are much more likely to be damaged. Of course, I have no idea when this B/O will even be shipped, it's going on 4 weeks.
Can you please email me; Helen@adorama.com with that information so I can make sure it is noted!
11-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #191
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Helen, thank you! I just e-mailed the info to you.
11-09-2015, 09:24 PM - 1 Like   #192
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My backordered 50 F1.8 shipped today, will be here Thursday! Yea!
11-10-2015, 01:22 AM   #193
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Looks like this deal is back after a short hiatus!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #194
Forum Member

Seems like a pretty good deal, but concerned about Adorama return policies/reviews, as well as how much use would get out of the flash, which does not seem that great, right?

Decisions, decisions.
11-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #195
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Maksim Quote
Seems like a pretty good deal, but concerned about Adorama return policies/reviews, as well as how much use would get out of the flash, which does not seem that great, right?

Decisions, decisions.
It's a very, very basic flash. More powerful than the built in, but lacking in any real features. That makes it relatively simple to use. All equipment has uses. It just depends on whether or not you'll get use of a piece of equipment.