Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread

K-3 for $649 w/ free DA 50mm and flash (Black Friday)
Posted By: Adam, 09-17-2015, 01:32 PM

A nice K-3 deal has just gone up at Adorama (free 50mm lens and flash + K-3 for $649.00):

Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body 15530

While the deal surely won't last, it's nice to finally get a break from the stubborn price tag of $749 at US authorized dealers.

Views: 30,136
11-30-2015, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #241
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by levin1982 Quote
Hi Guys.

Seems like there are no new deals for K-3 bodies .
Taking into account I have only limited usage for the flash & 50mm lense, what would you rather do ? what is the better deal in your opinion?
1)Buy the adorama deal for 650$?
2)Buy body only from gadget circuit for 605$ Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera (Body Only)
3)Buy the k3 II body only from gadget circuit for 705 $ Pentax K-3 II DSLR Camera (Body Only)
4)Buy k3 II body only from B&H for 750?

Any ideas ?
I would definitely avoid 2 and 3. I don't see the point in buying from an unauthorized dealer for such a small difference.

12-01-2015, 12:03 AM   #242

Photos: Albums
The price is back to 750??!!

Seems Adorama increased the price.
It took me too long to make a decision
12-01-2015, 12:26 AM   #243
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Still $649 at BH. Comes with flash, but no lens.

Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body 15530 B&H Photo Video
12-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #244
Pentaxian

The K-3 & K-3II deals weren't all that great this past Friday & Monday, especially for those of us that are not really in a rush to buy a new body.

For instance, all the stuff they were adding to the body is stuff that I already have. I would have to sell it on the forum, eBay, or Craig's List. It's a hassle for me & since a lot of other buyers are probably doing the same thing, the value of the flash & lens goes down the drain. I'd probably get about $100 for the flash & lens if I were lucky. If the K-3 body would have been priced at about $500 without anything, I would have bought one. If they would have added the grip for another $50, I definitely would have bought one.

Wait a couple more weeks. The prices might drop down a bit more as retailers get desperate to sell more stuff for the holidays. When I was looking at the Sony A77II (former A-mount shooter), the best deal for that camera was in mid-December last year. I would have gotten the A77II with a grip for $850, but it was a bit too much money for me. I would have saved about +-$100 if I had bought all my Pentax stuff around that time as well, but I was still pretty happy with the deal I got in late January. Either the prices will drop a bit more or better incentives will be added to the bodies in mid-December. If not, oh well.

12-01-2015, 11:39 AM   #245

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
The K-3 & K-3II deals weren't all that great this past Friday & Monday, especially for those of us that are not really in a rush to buy a new body.

For instance, all the stuff they were adding to the body is stuff that I already have. I would have to sell it on the forum, eBay, or Craig's List. It's a hassle for me & since a lot of other buyers are probably doing the same thing, the value of the flash & lens goes down the drain. I'd probably get about $100 for the flash & lens if I were lucky. If the K-3 body would have been priced at about $500 without anything, I would have bought one. If they would have added the grip for another $50, I definitely would have bought one.

Wait a couple more weeks. The prices might drop down a bit more as retailers get desperate to sell more stuff for the holidays. When I was looking at the Sony A77II (former A-mount shooter), the best deal for that camera was in mid-December last year. I would have gotten the A77II with a grip for $850, but it was a bit too much money for me. I would have saved about +-$100 if I had bought all my Pentax stuff around that time as well, but I was still pretty happy with the deal I got in late January. Either the prices will drop a bit more or better incentives will be added to the bodies in mid-December. If not, oh well.
i was in this boat as well. i was close to going for the adorama deal, but then realized i had to pay sales tax (b&h never charges me sales tax on internet orders). i was looking around on ebay to see what the lens and flash were going for, and i think you would be VERY lucky if you could get $100 for both. i was estimating more around $50. at $700, i would end up around $650 IF i could see the extras. i'd rather just buy the body for $650 on b&h, which was being sold with the flash too. even then, i was hoping for a better deal, like you said, around $500-550.

i ended up pulling the trigger on a sony a6000, but i won't open it until christmas, as i have a feeling i'm going to end up returning it. i did want something smaller to take on my commute to work and when i travel for work, but still wanted to keep some powder dry for a k-3.

as i mentioned in another thread, i dropped my k-30 and now it won't autofocus unless i'm in live view. it's really annoying, but i can live with it until i see a really hot deal to which i can't say no.
12-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #246
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
If they would have added the grip for another $50, I definitely would have bought one.
B&H right now = K-3 + Grip + 50mm @ $740.
12-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #247

After much deliberation and self-torture, I have finally bought a new body! I figured the B&H K3 with the grip was the best offer for me. I want to purchase the 2 Year Extended Warranty but one of the Q&As says it's not valid in Virginia. Does anyone know if that's really the case and why?

12-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #248

I thought I could stay away from this madness but I failed. The package arrived today. The lens and the flash boxes were a bit kaputt but both the lens and the flash were in good shape. Inside each box is a card that says "Pentax Ricoh Imaging Company LTD. will officially be renamed Ricoh Imaging Company, LTD. on August 1, 2013" which I found funny. The K-3 is fast and the button layout in genera is great. I like everything except the directional buttons. It feels kind of too flat. I prefer the older ones better. The UI feels amazing. Overall, I am loving it so far. Is there a certain serial number range that I have to be wary of ? Any tips on testing the camera fully ? This is my first "unused" camera and I want to be sure that I have received a good one.
12-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #249
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would make sure to update to the latest firmware right away. The only issue I have had with my K3 over the last year has been a sticky mirror. The only way to correct it is to remove the battery. Since upgrading to the latest firmware it has not happened yet.
12-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #250

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
I would make sure to update to the latest firmware right away. The only issue I have had with my K3 over the last year has been a sticky mirror. The only way to correct it is to remove the battery. Since upgrading to the latest firmware it has not happened yet.
Just downloaded the file. The battery's charging so I will update the firmware in a while. Do you use a screen protector or know of a good one ?
12-04-2015, 07:33 PM   #251
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't use them myself. I find the LCD's to be pretty tough. The LCD on my eight year old K10D is still in really good shape. I am sure you could find plenty of them on B&H, Adoroma, or Amazon.
12-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #252
Site Supporter

Back up to $749 now.
12-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #253
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Looks like this deal is back!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #254
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If we purchase through the link posted in this thread, does PF get the credit for the sale?
12-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #255
a5m
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I noticed that today too. Why don't they leave it at one price rather than constantly changing it. Is it to get more sales...?

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
If we purchase through the link posted in this thread, does PF get the credit for the sale?
Yes, make sure your cart is empty then click on the link then add it to your cart and checkout.