Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
DA 15mm bargain Amazon UK
Posted By: thegoderic, 09-27-2015, 12:53 AM

On offer at amazon.co.uk at GBP 128.54. Probably not the HD version, but one heck of a bargain.
Views: 1,733
09-27-2015, 03:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A link would be nice
09-27-2015, 04:09 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax DA 15mm f4: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Pretty sure this is the one. It says it's out of stock though so I wouldn't expect to actually get one as it's clearly a pricing error.
09-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #4

I placed an order for one. I don't expect it to actually end up shipping, it'll probably be re-classified as discontinued/unavailable instead, but if it does go through eventually it'll be a hell of a pleasant surprise. FYI the order total ended up being $116 US after international shipping. I'll post an update if it ends up getting shipped.

09-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #5

I ordered mine as well. Lets hope they will deliver it to Australia as well.
09-30-2015, 10:13 PM   #6
Pentaxian

The same happened with the SMC 15mm last year on Amazon Spain. After a while I got a mail from them saying it was clearly a pricing error and there would be a refund and no lens.
10-01-2015, 06:40 AM   #7

I contacted Amazon UK to ask them if they knew if it would be back in stock at any time and got the following response:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in dispatching your order.

The item you have mentioned - " Pentax DA 15mm f4 " Ė is currently out of stock and I canít guarantee if it will be sold again by us. Because of this, the item is currently listed as out of stock.

Occasionally, our supply of popular items is limited and some products sell out quickly.

Unfortunately, we are unable to predict that when we will receive this item back from our suppliers. Once we received the item from them we will update the details in our webpage.

Perhaps you could check our website from time to time to see if this item is back in stock or if it's available from a Seller at Amazon Marketplace.

Clicking on the blue "used and new" link on the product's detail page takes you to items offered by Sellers at Amazon Marketplace. You'll be given a list of available copies of an item, their condition and Sellers. Please note that we can't source products from Marketplace Sellers.
10-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #8

Has anyone received a confirmation?

10-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #9

not yet. Waiting.
10-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #10
bxf
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arvadak3 Quote
I placed an order for one. I don't expect it to actually end up shipping, it'll probably be re-classified as discontinued/unavailable instead, but if it does go through eventually it'll be a hell of a pleasant surprise. FYI the order total ended up being $116 US after international shipping. I'll post an update if it ends up getting shipped.
How does 132 UK Pounds convert to US$116 including shipping???
10-09-2015, 07:00 AM   #11

Beats me, when I went to check out I was expecting it to be much higher based on the currency exchange rates but the shopping cart only showed $116.02 . I did a double take too.
10-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #12

Just received the following email from Amazon UK. I guess we all knew it was too good to be true.

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Pentax DA 15mm f4"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #026-2583818-4034767 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

You still have some options available to purchase the item(s), or similar item(s):

- You can visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

- You can purchase the newest edition of the original item:

"Pentax HD DA Limited 15mm F4 ED AL Lens - Silver" [Electronics]
Pentax HD DA Limited 15mm F4 ED AL Lens - Silver: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Differences between your original item and our recommendations are typically minor but some things, such as the item's cost, may be different.

To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit Your Account (http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account).

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
10-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by Arvadak3 Quote
Just received the following email from Amazon UK. I guess we all knew it was too good to be true.

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Pentax DA 15mm f4"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #026-2583818-4034767 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

You still have some options available to purchase the item(s), or similar item(s):

- You can visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

- You can purchase the newest edition of the original item:

"Pentax HD DA Limited 15mm F4 ED AL Lens - Silver" [Electronics]
Pentax HD DA Limited 15mm F4 ED AL Lens - Silver: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Differences between your original item and our recommendations are typically minor but some things, such as the item's cost, may be different.

To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit Your Account (http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account).

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
Got the same response as well. :-(