Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Pentax K-3II $698.95 After Rebate At Samy's
Posted By: reduno, 10-14-2015, 01:31 PM

Samy's is offering the K-3II body with a $200 mail in rebate that brings the price down to $698.95.
Pentax K-3 II Digital SLR Camera Body | 16160
Rebate form is for purchase of a Pentax camera from a Promaster dealer. Promaster is the brand name for the Photographic Research Organization, a national retail cooperative owned and managed by independent specialty photo retailers.
Views: 8,595
11-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #46
a5m
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Hmm, even that link to the .pdf doesn't load. Could be something here at work.

Yeah, at $649 this is getting really tough to pass up.

***Currently dropping Christmas hints in the most shameless and obvious fashion***
LOL. You gotta do whatchu gotta do.

I've attached it to this post so hopefully you can view it.

11-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like the "No Tax" special is no longer available in store - can someone please confirm this statement?

Adam, please get B&H or Adorama to match this deal
11-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #48
mee
Veteran Member

BF is in 3 weeks.. our best chance of this lowering to this price.. or maybe lower @ adorama and B&H. They won't come down to this level before then.

Though I think the bigger deals will be on the K-3 classic.
11-06-2015, 08:22 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I don't see other retailers cutting prices to match this. Its a rebate after all. B&H or Adorama might match the $849 but the rest is of the deal is the rebate which is being paid back by Promaster. I don't obviously know all of the dynamics of how the whole deal is structured but I would guess that the end retailer (Samy's) doesn't take much or any hit from their price. I don't know how B&H or Adorama could bring their prices down to match essentially their current prices of the K-3 bundled with a flash and/or lens or whatever. I don't even see a BF price getting this low on the newest generation model. I agree that deals are a much stronger possibility on the older generation K-3 as retailers are looking to clear their stock.

---------- Post added 11-06-15 at 10:08 PM ----------

Hmm, price back to $896 and I notice that Samy's took the rebate link off of the K-3II listing.

11-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any update on purchasing from Image One Camera? With the price at Samy's back up and apparently out of stock, Image One looks appealing.
11-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, I don't see other retailers cutting prices to match this. Its a rebate after all. B&H or Adorama might match the $849 but the rest is of the deal is the rebate which is being paid back by Promaster. I don't obviously know all of the dynamics of how the whole deal is structured but I would guess that the end retailer (Samy's) doesn't take much or any hit from their price. I don't know how B&H or Adorama could bring their prices down to match essentially their current prices of the K-3 bundled with a flash and/or lens or whatever. I don't even see a BF price getting this low on the newest generation model. I agree that deals are a much stronger possibility on the older generation K-3 as retailers are looking to clear their stock.

---------- Post added 11-06-15 at 10:08 PM ----------

Hmm, price back to $896 and I notice that Samy's took the rebate link off of the K-3II listing.
I went back and forth at B&H and while I waited for them to respond to a request for a better price they RAISED the price of the camera, and didn't even offer me the price that in effect when I first asked about it. Unlikely they'll do anything; the rep said that the cost of the camera had gone up for them.

I'd make sure the rebate still applies to the K-3II; the form seems to say it's good till December but there's that language about being able to revoke it at any time.
11-08-2015, 11:00 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
Actually, the rebate form is used for several camera models. Just go to the Samy's offering showing that model's version of the rebate and take a look at the form. If it has the K-3II check box, grab a copy, then take the next steps...

Cheers... M
Right. I just thought it was odd that they changed the listing. If you look at the link below, you can see how they list the K-50 and K-S1 with "After rebate" pricing and a link to "available rebates". It was like that for the K-3 II as well but no longer is. Now, perhaps it changed when the camera went out of stock.

DSLR Camera | Digital SLR Cameras

Regardless, the ~$896 is about the going rate for the K-3 II now and the rebate is good until the end of the year so there's no rush at this point aside from the ~$50 savings at Image One.

11-09-2015, 03:30 AM   #53

Photos: Albums
Right. I just thought it was odd that they changed the listing. If you look at the link below, you can see how they list the K-50 and K-S1 with "After rebate" pricing and a link to "available rebates". It was like that for the K-3 II as well but no longer is. Now, perhaps it changed when the camera went out of stock.

DSLR Camera | Digital SLR Cameras

Regardless, the ~$896 is about the going rate for the K-3 II now and the rebate is good until the end of the year so there's no rush at this point aside from the ~$50 savings at Image One.
Please pardon my confusion...

Provided one purchased from a Promaster dealer, between 10.1.15 - 12.31.15, wouldn't the Promaster rebate form still apply regardless of where it was purchased?

Couldn't one just buy from Samy's (for instance) and just send in the needed paperwork, and still receive the rebate? I'm confused as to what Samy's website "available rebates" listing actually means.

Thanks!
11-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 1434 Quote
Please pardon my confusion...

Provided one purchased from a Promaster dealer, between 10.1.15 - 12.31.15, wouldn't the Promaster rebate form still apply regardless of where it was purchased?

Couldn't one just buy from Samy's (for instance) and just send in the needed paperwork, and still receive the rebate? I'm confused as to what Samy's website "available rebates" listing actually means.

Thanks!
You must purchase the camera from a Promaster dealer so you sort of answered your own question. The available rebates are just that; rebates offered for those products. They don't list one for the K-3II; it is possible, I guess, that they are not authorized dealers for that model. But that seems pretty odd considering they are for the other cameras. Maybe it's just an advertising thing; it would be best to call and find out what's going on.

Rather alarmingly, I discovered that the Samy's location where I bought my camera (San Francisco) does NOT come up in the "where to buy" listings for Promaster on Promaster's website. Yet they said they had the rebate. I'm hoping they just don't have their act together rather than there being something shady going on.

Last edited by Oakland Rob; 11-09-2015 at 08:52 AM.
11-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was just making a comment that it showed before like those other models but has since been changed.
11-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow.

After posting above, I sent an email to Promaster (it's like "ahuman" at promaster.com, and I thought: rightttt....).

Sure 'nuf, within a couple hours a REAL human (with a name!) responded with real info. Like "yeah, we got it; sent it off to accounting yesterday to cut a check, you should get it next week"). I almost fell off my chair, my usual experience with rebates being that they went to some processing center in the MIdde Kingdom and were proceesed by automated orcs with bad attitudes.

So just email Promaster or call Samy's if you're got questions.
11-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #57
Forum Member

Went to Image One today after making sure they had a K3ii in stock and that they were connected to Promaster. I came away with the K3ii , flu card in the box and a managers special of a free battery grip. All for the $849 price with the rebate form for an additional $200 Back.

I was not expecting the grip or flu card. The box has a sticker on it saying the flu card is inside.
I went through the general manager John.

I have used Samy's off and on for 25 years but, they just didn't have stock.
11-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jb0501 Quote
Went to Image One today after making sure they had a K3ii in stock and that they were connected to Promaster. I came away with the K3ii , flu card in the box and a managers special of a free battery grip. All for the $849 price with the rebate form for an additional $200 Back.

I was not expecting the grip or flu card. The box has a sticker on it saying the flu card is inside.
I went through the general manager John.

I have used Samy's off and on for 25 years but, they just didn't have stock.
So this was in store? Sadly that isn't an option for me but I would bite instantly on that deal. I'm fairly certain that the Flucard is included with the K-3 II as it's listed on the sites I've looked at. Is there only one Image One location? Wonder if I can order over the phone and get the same deal. Sure wish there were decent Pentax dealers around here.
11-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #59
Forum Member

Normally I am B&H but, I have used Samy's with this being the first time using Image One . They are 70 miles from me so went there instead of trying mail order. They do have more according to John. I am not sure about providing a phone number so I won't . Easy to look up though . The flu card and grip were a big surprise so am happy with my deal.
11-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #60
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jb0501 Quote
Normally I am B&H but, I have used Samy's with this being the first time using Image One . They are 70 miles from me so went there instead of trying mail order. They do have more according to John. I am not sure about providing a phone number so I won't . Easy to look up though . The flu card and grip were a big surprise so am happy with my deal.

Now THAT is a deal. 650 (after rebate) for a K-3 II, OEM grip, and the flucard. Too bad this store isnt even remotely close.. still hoping to see deals similar in a couple of weeks during BF weekend online